Note 8 One UI exact look with gestures* NON ROOT* -how to get with links and guide

Search This thread

FilipinoPride

May 30, 2017
Salt Lake City
Maybe you should try with your own voice command.Just go to Bixby key>mark Double press to open Bixby and in the same field down bellow mark use single press>Run quick command>Go to quick commands>make your own voice command(in your case Open google assistant)>in the next field it should be like this; What you say to Bixby "Open google assistant" What Bixby does "Open google assistant" .Than when u one tapping the Bixby button it will execute the Google assistant.Try this i think will do the magic cause i already did that.
Yeah I've tried that. It just launches Google. It's a good thought though.

QueenLizzy

Aug 15, 2015
Did you clone the app? It won't install normally due to Incompatibility/OS Restrictions. Make sure you clone it with app cloner. I'll PM you in a few minutes, but try cloning the stuff first.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

A question for those of you on the official One UI update, is Super Slow Mo still gone? I'd be pretty sad if they gave us that feature just to take it back a few months later.

Thanks., this is the one Id like as APK but doesn't work on my phone when i install.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...one-10-0-05-26-android-apk-download/download/

Last edited:

emptywordsss

Sep 1, 2015
Zurich

dj_iiml

Apr 3, 2013
Jorhat, Assam, India
Last edited:
Reactions: QueenLizzy

FilipinoPride

May 30, 2017
Salt Lake City
Good Lock 2019 is now available! It updates all the plugins, and we now have the S9/Note 9 NavStar! It basically just lets you customize the Nav Bar icons.

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
Anyone knows what custom fonts are working on Pie? Wings fonts isn't supported. I've already searched for alternatives but no luck yet.

FilipinoPride

May 30, 2017
Salt Lake City
Anyone knows what custom fonts are working on Pie? Wings fonts isn't supported. I've already searched for alternatives but no luck yet.
By custom fonts do you mean the Galaxy Store fonts or sideloaded/apk fonts? If you mean the latter, I can tell you that Product Sans is working fine (The font in all my screenshots.) But I don't know about Galaxy Store fonts.

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
By custom fonts do you mean the Galaxy Store fonts or sideloaded/apk fonts? If you mean the latter, I can tell you that Product Sans is working fine (The font in all my screenshots.) But I don't know about Galaxy Store fonts.

I meant sideloaded apk fonts. Is it ok if you share it here, please? And do I just install it as normal apk or is there anything I need to do to make it work.

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
Here you are. You just install it as a normal apk and reboot. I think it comes with like 5 variations of the font.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it. Trying this now.

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Here you are. You just install it as a normal apk and reboot. I think it comes with like 5 variations of the font.

Turns out I already have this installed but I can't find it on apps installed from settings even with system apps shown it does not appear. And it says "App not installed".

FilipinoPride

May 30, 2017
Salt Lake City
No problem. And while I'm sharing, @QueenLizzy here's that dialer you wanted. It might not install because it's the same version as your current version, so trying uninstalling updates if it doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Turns out I already have this installed but I can't find it on apps installed from settings even with system apps shown it does not appear. And it says "App not installed".
Oh yeah. That's because the fonts disappear from the menu after a reboot, which would explain why you were unaware of it being installed. Although, I'm not sure why you can't find it under apps. I'll look into that. For the time being though, try downloading an App Uninstalling app from the Play Store (e.g. App Eater) and see if you can uninstall it from there.

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Follow up @Cronus I couldn't find anything. I guess your best bet is to clone it with app cloner and see if it works then. I'll create a new package and see if that works.

And @QueenLizzy because XDA is having problems uploading the dialer for you I'm just going to give you a fileshare link.

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
No problem. And while I'm sharing, @QueenLizzy here's that dialer you wanted. It might not install because it's the same version as your current version, so trying uninstalling updates if it doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Oh yeah. That's because the fonts disappear from the menu after a reboot, which would explain why you were unaware of it being installed. Although, I'm not sure why you can't find it under apps. I'll look into that. For the time being though, try downloading an App Uninstalling app from the Play Store (e.g. App Eater) and see if you can uninstall it from there.

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Follow up @Cronus I couldn't find anything. I guess your best bet is to clone it with app cloner and see if it works then. I'll create a new package and see if that works.

And @QueenLizzy because XDA is having problems uploading the dialer for you I'm just going to give you a fileshare link.

I see. Okay, I'll try cloning it and check it from there.

Update: It can't be cloned.

Last edited:

QueenLizzy

Aug 15, 2015
I'm still going at this dialer lol, Pie! it installs fine cloned, just when someone rings Java notification at top, shame only thing that ruins it rest works fine. Wondering if install as apk would work better, if someone has time. Ive installed google dialer worked fine, just i prefer the resents contacts at bottom of SS dialer on this one. You'd think SS would update it but I'm on 3.0 not 10

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
Is there any camera app that can capture the milky way like gopro hero 5,6 and 7 does? I tried Gcam but it doesn't seem like it's able to do so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a guide as you how to get One UI look for note 8
    Links given with detailed instructions for each apk in each link so that you can install as per correct instructions
    APKS in next posts , also links given for the same apks too in case of confusion in instructions

NO ROOT REQUIRED

Follow the steps as given- further details given also in subsequent posts

STEP 1>>

Installing the One Ui themes
    For One UI card framework look- both Light and Dark mode themes are available

For Light mode--
    Open theme store, install the envday3.2.apk WHILE THEME STORE OPEN IN BACKGROUND- Open theme store- from recents--Apply the day theme listed in themes-

For dark mode- install the night theme in next post WITH INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN TXT FILE INSIDE THE ZIP.

Theme will get you rounded notifications and the UI look with icons

One UI icon pack APK also attached, just install as normal apk --apply from theme store--icons--Pie Icon no framev3

Reboot after theme install

This awesome theme credit- @envy~

STEP 2>>

Install apks of Goodlock 2018
    (official apks from Samsung) ,
    will get you Task Changer from One UI and
    Quick Star will get you Quick settings which can be customized
    - apks attached in post #5,
    Normal Install apks and apply- details in post #5

STEP 3>>

Install the new ONE Ui launcher after installing app cloner/ or
    Alternate option** Normal install one ui launcher from link, without APP CLONER

Latest One UI Which can be installed with app CLONER attached here

Apk for the ALTERNATE pie version(install as normal apk) in post #6

HOW TO USE
    Go to settings--apps-- default apps--homescreen--change to new one

For notifications,
    Go to settings>>> APPS >>>> Three vertical dots on right side >>>> SPECIAL ACCESS >>> ACCESS TO NOTIFICATIONS >>> and check the box of the new launcher.

UPDATE 3/12/2018- LATEST One UI launcher APK attached-Experience Launcher has got updated to ONE UI launcher now- works ONLY WITH APP CLONER

APP CLONER REQUIRED FOR INSTALLING THE LATEST ONE UI HOME APK PROVIDED BY ME

HOW TO USE APP CLONER--- Install apk From website -- open app-- apk(second column), click the + sign(blue icon) on lower right side-- from file-- browse to find the apks provided by me.*

Then click the tick sign, it will clone and then install it.

App cloner link
    https://appcloner.app/

APP CLONER basically clones the app so that apps which are compatible with your system but can't be installed, work fine.

If you're not interested in app CLONER, normal install the other launcher from link and use.

One UI launcher here has 3D touch like iPhone-
    Attached apk of the latest version***works ONLY WITH APP CLONER***
    One UI icons attached-credits @RSLPride

STEP 4>>

Next install Left Clock like One Ui--
    For this you need to
    Install substratum first from playstore--
    Install left clock One UI mod, apk in post #7

Full resolution One UI wallpaper attached

STEP 5>>

**OPTIONAL**
    Install One UI swipe gestures also included,
    install from post#14, next page

**For night mode, you can also use night theme or swift installer from play store.

**Also, used iOS 12 San Francisco fonts here; you can get the same by using Substratum -- System Mods for Samsung by Draco.-System fonts(last mod there)-ios 11 (system mods by draco can be found in Google play store)

*******Required*******
    Pie oreo theme V3.2- day: links in next posts

Goodlock 2018-links in next posts

Notes and Samsung browser 9 beta- links in next posts

Samsung experience 10 home- links in next
    posts(updated version attached here also- but WORKS ONLY WITH APP CLONER)

Left clock mod-link in next posts

One UI gestures- links in post #14

Weather and Clock latest apks next posts

Dialer and contacts apk links next posts

Finally, if you liked the new look, don't forget to put a thumbs up for this post

**SHORTCUT-- FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO INSTALL MORE THAN 3-4 APKS **

Install the 5 files from links- launcher, theme file, goodlock ,substratum with left clock- that will be enough for giving the ONE UI look(you will get the EXACT look given in first post screenshots, leaving aside the native Samsung pie apps)

You can even leave the substratum and left clock if you don't need left clock- that will reduce it to JUST 3 APKS to install

The other weather, dialer etc are pie apps and you don't necessarily need them- just that if you need entirely pie apps running on your Oreo Device with the pie experience.*

This will take very few minutes and done!- you have the one ui look!

Finally, if you liked the new look, don't forget to put a thumbs up for this post
    Pie Theme link

For Light/Day theme

Open theme store, install the apk WHILE THEME STORE OPEN IN BACKGROUND- Apply theme-reboot
    Theme will get you rounded notifications and the UI look with icons

For Dark/ Night theme
    Install as per instructions given in txt file inside the zip

Official link https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76069616
    I got it working. There doesn't seem to be any change other than the name and icon. APK below.

EDIT: Just clone the apk with app cloner.
    Ok so I just now saw that people want to know how to downgrade the API Level, or SDK Version of apks. This one's easy. First of all we're going to need an app called Apk Editor. I recommend Pro version but I'm not sure the free version changes anything we're doing. Once you've launched apk editor you'll want to press Select an Apk File. From here, navigate to Downloads, or any folder you store your downloaded apks in. For this example I'll be using Samsung Experience Home 10.0.00.143. Tap the apk file and you'll be given 3 options. Full Edit, Simple Edit, and Common Edit. I used simple edit to make the Pie Icon Pack, but for now we'll be using Common Edit. Once you've tapped Common Edit you'll see only a few options. Towards the bottom should be Minimum SDK Version and Target SDK version. We can leave Target alone. What we want to change is Minimum. So tap the number below Minimum SDK Version. It should be something from 24 - 28, depending on how old the app is. Though it will probably be 28 if you're trying to get a Pie app. 28 is the API Level for Android Pie. 27 is Oreo 8.1, 26 Oreo, 25 Nougat 7.1, and so on. You're going to want to change this to allow your corresponding Android Version to parse the package. I'm setting it to 26, Android 8.0, but you might want to change it to 23 (Marshmellow) just in case. Once you've changed it, press Save. It will most likely give you a toast message saying Cannot parse apk file: null. This is normal though. And after some waiting you should arrive at a Success page. If you're just installing it, press install. You might have to press Remove. If not, press close. DO NOT press anything else. After that head to App Cloner and head to the APKS tab. Press the plus at the bottom right. Then press From a file.
    If you're not already, go to storage/emulated/0. Select the ApkEditor file, then select tmp. You should find gen_signed.apk. This is the app you just modified. It will change everytime you modify a new app, so move and rename it via My Files if you want to keep it. Back to App Cloner, select the apk and clone it as normal. There's no guarantee that this will work, especially with system apps. But I hope it helped you out.

Cheers :D

P.S. I'll attach screenshots in the next post. Idk why it glitches out so much.
    Weather and Clock apks and screenshot attached

Dialer and contacts app - install all apks from the priv app folder via app cloner
    Then change the default calling apps from settings-- default apps-- calling--- change to new phone

Link
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5emra03fo3hxi8q/AADLPLca94PL3vr9Fym0fIBya?dl=0

Credits- @corsicanu for his awesome port of pie apps

App cloner required, install app cloner-- clone apks from apks-- click on + button in the bottom right and clone from file(APK attached) .

App cloner link
    https://appcloner.app/