Note Edge Lollipop Launcher & Weather. Only Lollipop. 5.0 & 5.1.1

Search This thread

shapk

Jul 11, 2012
Mate just an update.Thanks to those files you send me and by using a different apk editor software. I manage to edit the launcher. I didn't follow the guide above. Instead I did a different method. I enlarge the size of the 2 png icons and edit dimen.xml both in values-xxxhdpi and values-xxxhdpi-v21.This is the result below(screeshot below).I also centered the widgets a little bit without cut off and made the font smaller. I attached the launcher I edited if someone is interested.Hope you don't mine. Thanks again mate.:good:

attachment.php

attachment.php

To install this is necessary only to flash on recovery?

cinnamorollpuff

Feb 22, 2015
City of Elmore
@and2 mate. The launcher I modded is 4x5 home screen and not 5x5. Please edit the title in O.P. Thanks by the way on posting it in O.P.:good:

Hello po again kabayan :) hehe i flashed the zip you posted and the darklord launcher is still the one appearing :) checked my /system/priv-app and now there's touchwiz launcher and touchwiz launcher k folders hahaha what should i do to achieve like the launcher you have?
Screenshot_2015-02-25-00-00-29.jpg

and thanks as well to the one who made this possible :) i so like it (even though my phone still hasn't got it yet lol) :D

Reactions: gumballwatterson

and2

Sep 25, 2008
Halle
Hello po again kabayan :) hehe i flashed the zip you posted and the darklord launcher is still the one appearing :) checked my /system/priv-app and now there's touchwiz launcher and touchwiz launcher k folders hahaha what should i do to achieve like the launcher you have?
Screenshot_2015-02-25-00-00-29.jpg

and thanks as well to the one who made this possible :) i so like it (even though my phone still hasn't got it yet lol) :D

just delete the folder without "K"

Darth-Kadd

May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the great launcher

The edge Launcher with 6x6 grid has been working great for me, I love the 6x6 grid and 321 lcd density, I can fit so much more on the screen. The only problem I have is that my phone app shows the keypad in a smaller grid but the logs, favorites, contacts and in-call screen on the phone app are at the right dimensions. Any idea how I can fix this?
  • The first screenshot shows launcher at homescreen (works perfect)
  • The second screenshot shows the keypad (displays incorrect size)
  • The third screenshot shows the keypad during a call (goes back to regular size)

Edit:
I'm using;
g00h tweaked ported note 4 lollipop 5.0.1 version 3.5
civato xplorer kernel 3.5 n9005
Device: N900W8

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-21-19-59-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-21-19-59-15.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 1,046
  • Screenshot_2015-03-21-19-59-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-21-19-59-21.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • Screenshot_2015-03-21-20-07-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-21-20-07-30.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:

yurmuki

Nov 8, 2014
karachi
The edge Launcher with 6x6 grid has been working great for me, I love the 6x6 grid and 321 lcd density, I can fit so much more on the screen. The only problem I have is that my phone app shows the keypad in a smaller grid but the logs, favorites, contacts and in-call screen on the phone app are at the right dimensions. Any idea how I can fix this?
  • The first screenshot shows launcher at homescreen (works perfect)
  • The second screenshot shows the keypad (displays incorrect size)
  • The third screenshot shows the keypad during a call (goes back to regular size)

You didnt mention on which rom u are facing this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi girls and guys,

i just want to share what i´ve done for my likes. I don´t like and don´t use the dock and prefere a bit tablet style - but i like the TW launcher. So i decided to try the Note Edge Lollipop leak launcher and i love it. The key gave me @xperiacle so i don´t need the necessary permission file because this file messed up the status bar. But without that file you would not have the phone icon and app drawer icon. The launcher has a Home grid of 4x5.
    What you can NOT do is using the SwipeUp of xperiacle. This launcher use the Flipboard Briefing from the side like the S5. I will also attache this app.
    As a little extra i attached the launcher i use on 321dpi with native autorotation, scrolling wallpaper and a home grid 8x6and the weather. The weather has enabled dev settings.
    If you like it use it and have fun.

Installation:

Save and delete
    - system/app/AccuweatherPhone2014/AccuweatherPhone2014.apk
    - system/app/WeatherDaemon2014/WeatherDaemon2014.apk
    - system/priv-app/TouchWizHome_K/TouchWizHome_K.apk

Push the extracted folders AccuweatherPhone2014_T_LMR, FlipboardBriefing and WeatherDaemon2014_T_LMR to system/app and
    TouchWizHome_K to system/priv-app with the right permissions (permissions: rwx - rx -rx for folders and rw-r-r for apks) and reboot.
    If the weather won´t run delete it, make a reboot and push then the files to the system. Also it´s always good to clear cache and data of the applications (incl. Unified Deamon).

How to make it non-scrollable:

After decompiling go to res/values-v21 and open bools.xml and change the value for following line from false to true (just to be sure do the same in res/values/bools.xml)

Code:
        <bool name="config_fixedWallpaperOffset">false</bool>

If i forgot something tell me please.

Downloads:

Launcher 480dpi
    Launcher 480dpi 4x5 Home Screen 5x5 App Drawer bigger Buttons thx to @filchi756
    Launcher 480dpi 5x6 Home Screen 5x6 App Drawer thx to @pierdebeer
    Launcher 480dpi scroll
    Launcher 480dpi scroll 5x5 App Drawer no qmg thx to @dack23 for the pngs
    Launcher 480dpi scroll 5x5 Home Screen 5x5 App Drawer no qmg thx to @dack23 for the pngs
    Launcher 321dpi
    Launcher 321dpi 6x6 Home grid thx to @7abib

NEW

Special Audax version Launcher 480dpi 5x6 Home Screen 5x6 App Drawer AudaxN5 theme and Flipboard Briefing made by @pierdebeer

Updated Launcher for 5.1.1

here

FlipboardBriefing
    Weather Note Edge
    WeatherDaemon
    I want to thank first of all @and2 for the excellent work. I want to share with you what I did.
    Touchwiz Edge 5x6 no landscape
    774747a87bb73c98c942a4c3a339ac82.jpg

3d2745279d0c71adc63ea91f888cc05e.jpg

https://mega.co.nz/#!xYUgGBIJ!Z8Sn-Z-TmX6e7xOW6pGZiNOgtCgob5O1mJkCYU4LURg
    Is it on the launcher Note Edge Dark Lord Ram n5 installed ? Notebook 3 n9005 is my mobile phone .

This one wont work on this rom because the rom is 5.1.1. But if you like i can give you the modded Edge Launcher 5.1.1 5x5 Home screen grid and landscape - should be multi dpi. I have it running on DarkLord Note 5 and on my Note Edge.
    Nice that you like it mate. I don´t have that time and you´r even better than me.
    Have a look in the home_view.xml

this lines are for the buttons

Code:
        <FrameLayout android:layout_gravity="end|bottom|center" android:id="@id/home_softkey" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_height" android:splitMotionEvents="false">
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="start|bottom|center" android:id="@id/home_softkey_phone_button" android:background="@drawable/focusable_view_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_MarginBottom" android:src="@drawable/home_phone_btn" android:scaleType="center" android:contentDescription="@string/phone_button_label" android:layout_marginStart="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_MarginLeft" />
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="end|bottom|center" android:id="@id/home_softkey_apps_button" android:background="@drawable/focusable_view_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_MarginBottom" android:src="@drawable/home_apps_btn" android:scaleType="center" android:contentDescription="@string/all_apps_button_label" android:layout_marginEnd="@dimen/home_softkey_apps_btn_MarginRight" />
        </FrameLayout>

Just change the dimens to your custo.

Mate just an update.Thanks to those files you send me and by using a different apk editor software. I manage to edit the launcher. I didn't follow the guide above. Instead I did a different method. I enlarge the size of the 2 png icons and edit dimen.xml both in values-xxxhdpi and values-xxxhdpi-v21.This is the result below(screeshot below).I also centered the widgets a little bit without cut off and made the font smaller. I attached the launcher I edited if someone is interested.Hope you don't mine. Thanks again mate.:good:

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Does it support theme
    it supports themes if you have them already active
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone