Note Edge not booting up

Search This thread

HatsuneMilku

Dec 8, 2016
Hi there, the Note Edge (N915FY) won't boot up the operating system and won't enter recovery when there's a SD card inserted.
When I remove the SD card I can enter recovery and also access the SD card's files when I put it in after booting into the recovery. I somehow managed to flash cwm recovery on it.
I tried to flash lineage 8.1.0 but it fails with error code 7.
I will try flashing twrp next and try flashing lineage again.

Edit: I successfully flashed twrp 3.1.0. I will try flashing the 3.3.1 IMG from their website for tblte.
I think this some has some kind of hardware damage. Sometimes I can boot into recovery just fine, sometimes it stays on this booting screen, sometimes the screen just turns off. Then I have to take the battery out and put it back it to be able to start the phone again.

Edit: I successfully flashed twrp 3.3.1. now the phone boots into twrp without any problems, even with SD card installed

Edit: after freezing the phone at -18°C it works for some minutes just fine, so I assumed that I have to reflow it.
After reflowing the MMC it's working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unix_Dominator

arbit12

Jan 12, 2014
Hi, how did you reflow it? Oven or pro job?

Am currently using the shim mod, and working fine, but am looking for a more permanent solution.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, the Note Edge (N915FY) won't boot up the operating system and won't enter recovery when there's a SD card inserted.
    When I remove the SD card I can enter recovery and also access the SD card's files when I put it in after booting into the recovery. I somehow managed to flash cwm recovery on it.
    I tried to flash lineage 8.1.0 but it fails with error code 7.
    I will try flashing twrp next and try flashing lineage again.

Edit: I successfully flashed twrp 3.1.0. I will try flashing the 3.3.1 IMG from their website for tblte.
    I think this some has some kind of hardware damage. Sometimes I can boot into recovery just fine, sometimes it stays on this booting screen, sometimes the screen just turns off. Then I have to take the battery out and put it back it to be able to start the phone again.

Edit: I successfully flashed twrp 3.3.1. now the phone boots into twrp without any problems, even with SD card installed

Edit: after freezing the phone at -18°C it works for some minutes just fine, so I assumed that I have to reflow it.
    After reflowing the MMC it's working fine.