Note FE - International firmware (N935F) available to download

Search This thread

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
So here's the old thread for when the firmwares for the SM-N935S, K and L were launched, however regardless of many tech sites saying there'd be an international Note FE launch by the end of August, there was no sign of it. September is almost over and now this has popped up on SamMobile, and I checked on SamFirm as well.
Now, weird thing is, I believe Samsung has 'pulled' it from the server, or not, since doing a query for 'SM-N935F, XME' on SamFirm yields no results, however manually entering the build number, CSC and model number will allow you to download the firmware.

This is the first sign of the 'N935F' which is supposed to be the SKU for the Intl/EU variant of the Note FE, let's hope this is true and Samsung announces it soon.

NOTE: Please do not try and flash this to your N935S, N935K or N935L. It will NOT flash through Odin, and will throw up a bootloader error since there is a model number mismatch.

Screenshots:

N935FXME.jpg

Last edited:

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Downloading at the moment. I'll give it a try. Can't see why this was released if it cannot replace the Korean network releases.
Hi. I think it will be released only in Malaysia. But good news to the N930F users. We will be able to port that rom soon in our Note 7 [emoji6]

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Downloading at the moment. I'll give it a try. Can't see why this was released if it cannot replace the Korean network releases.

Doubt it'd flash on the Korean variants, but give it a try anyway.
Worst case scenario is a soft-brick which would require you to flash the Korean stock ROM.

zamzenos

Aug 2, 2014
Odin: Re-Partition operation failed." Pity.

Is there a way of getting the BTU CSC onto the K variant? Would it work? Finding I cannot receive some calls/txt, though I can make calls/txt to these numbers. Assume it's a national network thing.

Last edited:

zak809

Dec 11, 2012
i tried to flash the N935F firmware to my N935S and it failed.
i have attached screenshots of ODIN and my phone screen below

ODINFE.JPG

20170927_212215.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIOSIS

paul2834

Feb 25, 2012
So does anyone know if should expect Samsung Pay to work on this CSC based on other Samsung flagships with this same CSC? At the very least, I know others who have gotten US cards to take on international variants, but I don't think that means all international regions will work.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

First you need to switch on "oem unlock" in developer menu. Then you need to make a custom rom. It will never work with stock rom

Be careful doing this. I've read this will trip Knox.

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
So does anyone know if should expect Samsung Pay to work on this CSC based on other Samsung flagships with this same CSC? At the very least, I know others who have gotten US cards to take on international variants, but I don't think that means all international regions will work.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Yes all custom rom will trip knox efuse

zak809

Dec 11, 2012
First you need to switch on "oem unlock" in developer menu. Then you need to make a custom rom. It will never work with stock rom

alright, i did switch on OEM unlock and tried again with stock N935F ROM but didnt work just like you said. :)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

thanks for warning me, i wont try with a custom rom. My knox is still intact.
p.s im hoping to get my CSC changed to a BTU one aswell. Hopefully the DEVs will work something out soon

zibias01

Nov 23, 2016
It should be in Odin to change the PIT on the one from ROM 935F. Without this ROM can not be changed.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N910F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:

Hi-TechUp

Apr 26, 2015
2nd N935F ROM from Arabia

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/SM-N935F/KSA/download/N935FXXU1AQI5/190183/

Did anyone noticed this:

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.12.7
Extract Odin ZIP file
Open Odin v3.12.7
Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked?
Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Last edited:

paul2834

Feb 25, 2012
Nice, another region has popped up! Are we aware of regions of Samsung Pay where we can load US cards for other F model Samsung flagships?

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
As mentioned by a user above, stock ROM for KSA (Saudi Arabia) has appeared as well. Things are looking good and hopefully a launch for the International Note FE should be around the corner.

Firmware is basically the same XXU1AQI5, but obviously with the OJV CSC since KSA is part of the OJV Multi-CSC.
Both firmwares have the 19th Sept build date, with August 1st security patch and the Blueborne fixes included in the firmware.

@home

Feb 16, 2009
2nd N935F ROM from Arabia

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/SM-N935F/KSA/download/N935FXXU1AQI5/190183/

Did anyone noticed this:

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
Download Odin v3.12.7
Extract Odin ZIP file
Open Odin v3.12.7
Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked?
Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

So can we flash this on our S & K Note FE? Just like a stock Rom? Don't want to messing with custom roms.

zibias01

Nov 23, 2016
No you can't!

What is the problem with using this Korean ROM? What is different from the expected international? Will it not be possible to change to an international version with a Korean version? I mean stock without root.

Last edited:

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
What is the problem with using this Korean ROM? What is different from the expected international? Will it not be possible to change to an international version with a Korean version? I mean stock without root.

You can't cause odin won't allow you. It's not the same model number. You will get an error at beginning with bootloader error. So it's impossible to install the N935F stock firmware on the Korean N935S, K, L. The only way it's with custom rom [emoji6]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can't cause odin won't allow you. It's not the same model number. You will get an error at beginning with bootloader error. So it's impossible to install the N935F stock firmware on the Korean N935S, K, L. The only way it's with custom rom [emoji6]

Hi KOLIOSIS,

Do you have any carrier logo when booting up the phone? also any carrier app pre installed?

@Paninno12

Just wanna clarify,by no means is the Note FE F/DS without it's share of bloat:
    While there aren't any carrier apps to be found or boot animation,since it is a SIM-Free/Unlocked phone,Samsung saw fit to include not only their full suite of apps,but,quite a few from Microsoft & a couple from Yahoo.
    Not the worst thing in the world,but,as with some of Samsung's apps you can't uninstall 'em,less root.
    I highly recommend BK Disabler to DISABLE,not uninstall the apps you deem as bloatware/unwanted.

BK Disabler::
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler&hl=en

The app is very user friendly & gives guidance/recommendations on what's safe to disable.
    Thanks!

Also, do you know if the s-view cover for the Note FE is available? I'm not sure the one on ebay are definitely compatible for the Note FE.
    As for functionality, nothing exists. The Original Note 7 S-View case, while it will fit, provides protection only, none of the software features.
    If you see sale listings for OEM Note FE cases, the description is disgenuous, it's actually a Note 7 case.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N935F using XDA Labs
    Any idea on how to get the F model of the phone?
    Here's a blue F/DS version on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Ga...304830?hash=item2131f8b9be:g:irAAAOSwsFpaITmQ

I bought a black one from the same seller,great phone,no issues,the seller is quick to ship.

Not sure if you can import direct from Samsung,but,here's the Malaysian site:
    http://www.samsung.com/my/smartphones/galaxy-note-fan-edition-n935/SM-N935FZKDXME/
    i tried to flash the N935F firmware to my N935S and it failed.
    i have attached screenshots of ODIN and my phone screen below

ODINFE.JPG

20170927_212215.jpg