Note FE - International firmware (N935F) available to download

Search This thread

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
It seems like dual sim version is now available in colors silver and gold in Saudi Arabia. They all claim it's dual sim, so should be the N935F, right?

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
It seems like dual sim version is now available in colors silver and gold in Saudi Arabia. They all claim it's dual sim, so should be the N935F, right?

The box label on mine reads SM-935-F-D/S.
On the phone itself, it reads SM-N935F/DS.

I'd try to get some sort of confirmation of the exact model number from the seller before ordering/buying.

(FWIW, The XDA Labs app makes no distinction between the single & dual SIM versions.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sent from my Samsung SM-N935F using XDA Labs

Last edited:

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
Sites are:
silver (dual sim):
https://www.dillony.com/en/samsung-galaxy-note-fe-fan-edition-dual-sim-64-gb-black-34262.html
https://saudi.souq.com/sa-en/samsun...gb-4gb-ram-4g-lte-silver-titanium-28157086/i/
gold (not sure about dual sim, but it says "newly arrived", so I don't think it's the sold-out Korean model?):
https://www.alhaddadshop.com/سامسونج-جالكسي-نوت-إف-إي-64-جيجا-بايت-اصدار-للمعجبين-بفئه-النوت-أزرق
Edit: Just talked with customer service of Al-Haddad, and they told me all models are dual sim. I really wanted my next phone to be golden. Unfortunately, Saudi prices are little bit too expensive.

One more question: does the Note FE ship with the S-Pen? Or do you need to buy one? Will the one from Note 4 fit in the opening?

Last edited:
Reactions: Paninno12

Paninno12

Jan 29, 2012
One more question: does the Note FE ship with the S-Pen? Or do you need to buy one? Will the one from Note 4 fit in the opening?

Note FE definitely ships with the S-PEN. As for the one from Note 4, not sure if it's compatible but it won't fit in the opening.

dhkkim

Jun 23, 2009
Just let you know that S/K/L version has different mainboard. Cuz Korean versions have DMB (Digital TV tuner) chipset. So firmware is slightly different.

pjkiener

Jun 2, 2013
Cebu
Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I've got a N935F Note FE running firmware XXU1AQI5. I don't think it's got the local Philippine firmware as I can't check for updates. Also, in my settings it says KT Twophone Service and T-Roaming, which I have no idea what those are. I checked phone info and it says Device Type Gracerlte. Product Name Gracerltexx. Country of Origin: Made in Vietnam.
Now my question is, would I be able to flash the stock Philippine ROM from Sammobile onto this without rooting and all that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I've got a N935F Note FE running firmware XXU1AQI5. I don't think it's got the local Philippine firmware as I can't check for updates. Also, in my settings it says KT Twophone Service and T-Roaming, which I have no idea what those are. I checked phone info and it says Device Type Gracerlte. Product Name Gracerltexx. Country of Origin: Made in Vietnam.
Now my question is, would I be able to flash the stock Philippine ROM from Sammobile onto this without rooting and all that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Check download mode for the real model number.

Your phone might actually be an SM-N935K (South Korean KT variant).

pjkiener

Jun 2, 2013
Cebu
Check download mode for the real model number.

Your phone might actually be an SM-N935K (South Korean KT variant).

Thanks for info but I checked in download mode and phone is in deed a N935F. KNox hasn't been tripped or anything.

So, can I actually install philippines firmware for this phone without bricking it?

pjkiener

Jun 2, 2013
Cebu
Yeah you should be able to.

Here's the link for the Philippines firmware:

https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=19F93568024411E8ACA1FA163EE8F90B

Right on, thanks! Downloaded it awhile ago. So I've also unzipped odin. I also checked and OEM unlock is enabled. Anything else I need to do before doing so?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Ah rats... totally forgot Odin only works on PC. Gonna research how to run Odin on Mac first.

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Right on, thanks! Downloaded it awhile ago. So I've also unzipped odin. I also checked and OEM unlock is enabled. Anything else I need to do before doing so?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Ah rats... totally forgot Odin only works on PC. Gonna research how to run Odin on Mac first.
You should disable the OEM Unlock toggle. It's not required when flashing stock firmwares.

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks again, but apparently I can't run the latest Heimdall on the latest OSX. Damn. Do you have any other solutions to work it on a Mac?
Other than borrowing a Windows PC from a friend or setting up a Windows VM, I don't know anyone who's had any luck with getting Odin to work with Mac OS.

Heimdall hasn't been updated in ages, so even that doesn't work with Windows or OSX.

pjkiener

Jun 2, 2013
Cebu
Other than borrowing a Windows PC from a friend or setting up a Windows VM, I don't know anyone who's had any luck with getting Odin to work with Mac OS.

Heimdall hasn't been updated in ages, so even that doesn't work with Windows or OSX.

Damn, outta luck, I guess. Hopefully the update gets to the Philippines and shows up on Smart Switch. Thanks for all the assistance, much appreciated!

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Damn, outta luck, I guess. Hopefully the update gets to the Philippines and shows up on Smart Switch. Thanks for all the assistance, much appreciated!
Ah, forgot about that.

Not sure if it'll show on Smart Switch, cause the device seems to be modified (cause it shows KT in settings), but try it out. Smart Switch usually does flash the entire stock firmware so if it does prompt an update, go for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the problem with using this Korean ROM? What is different from the expected international? Will it not be possible to change to an international version with a Korean version? I mean stock without root.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N910F przy użyciu Tapatalka
    You can't cause odin won't allow you. It's not the same model number. You will get an error at beginning with bootloader error. So it's impossible to install the N935F stock firmware on the Korean N935S, K, L. The only way it's with custom rom [emoji6]

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Hi KOLIOSIS,

Do you have any carrier logo when booting up the phone? also any carrier app pre installed?

@Paninno12

Just wanna clarify,by no means is the Note FE F/DS without it's share of bloat:
    While there aren't any carrier apps to be found or boot animation,since it is a SIM-Free/Unlocked phone,Samsung saw fit to include not only their full suite of apps,but,quite a few from Microsoft & a couple from Yahoo.
    Not the worst thing in the world,but,as with some of Samsung's apps you can't uninstall 'em,less root.
    I highly recommend BK Disabler to DISABLE,not uninstall the apps you deem as bloatware/unwanted.

BK Disabler::
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler&hl=en

The app is very user friendly & gives guidance/recommendations on what's safe to disable.
    Thanks!

Also, do you know if the s-view cover for the Note FE is available? I'm not sure the one on ebay are definitely compatible for the Note FE.
    As for functionality, nothing exists. The Original Note 7 S-View case, while it will fit, provides protection only, none of the software features.
    If you see sale listings for OEM Note FE cases, the description is disgenuous, it's actually a Note 7 case.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N935F using XDA Labs
    Any idea on how to get the F model of the phone?
    Here's a blue F/DS version on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Ga...304830?hash=item2131f8b9be:g:irAAAOSwsFpaITmQ

I bought a black one from the same seller,great phone,no issues,the seller is quick to ship.

Not sure if you can import direct from Samsung,but,here's the Malaysian site:
    http://www.samsung.com/my/smartphones/galaxy-note-fan-edition-n935/SM-N935FZKDXME/
    i tried to flash the N935F firmware to my N935S and it failed.
    i have attached screenshots of ODIN and my phone screen below

ODINFE.JPG

20170927_212215.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone