[Note10+][ROM][R] NobodyROM v2.5-1 FUBD by NobodyDEV Team [Exynos ONLY][07/03/2021]

centaur31

May 9, 2012
Meerut
Installed 2.1 NoBody ROM successfully on SM-N975F/DS.
Received several updates from Magisk and applied them.
After latest update from Magisk, phone rebooted and I am stuck at Boot Screen.
Can't get into TWRP but I can get into Download mode. Please advise.
(I don't want to go back to ODIN and start over).... ***never mind-finally got into TWRP using buttons - what a pain!*** tried to reboot to system and still hung up at boot screen. Doing a TWRP restore from backup now...this worked! ...but I should not have had to restore after a Magisk update. Specifically Magisk 21202.
Hi,
From the time I have been using the note 10+ I know we are not supposed to update magisk itself, we can update the manager application but not magisk itself as it will throw something off and will not boot.

Isn't that the same on nobody rom??

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
Hi,
From the time I have been using the note 10+ I know we are not supposed to update magisk itself, we can update the manager application but not magisk itself as it will throw something off and will not boot.

Isn't that the same on nobody rom??
Yes it isn't possible

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
Installed 2.1 NoBody ROM successfully on SM-N975F/DS.
Received several updates from Magisk and applied them.
After latest update from Magisk, phone rebooted and I am stuck at Boot Screen.
Can't get into TWRP but I can get into Download mode. Please advise.
(I don't want to go back to ODIN and start over).... ***never mind-finally got into TWRP using buttons - what a pain!*** tried to reboot to system and still hung up at boot screen. Doing a TWRP restore from backup now...this worked! ...but I should not have had to restore after a Magisk update. Specifically Magisk 21202.
It never was possible to update magisk yourself. Only the kernel dev can do this. It always was like that.

S10/N10 devices have no ramdisk in the kernel that magisk could patch

mr_flm

Dec 3, 2011
Hi all,

I'm following the instructions:

Instructions from Android 11 Stock

- flash twrp.tar with Odin ( download folder )
- reboot to twrp with Power & Vol+ buttons
- clean flash "NobodyROM v2.2"
- reboot to System

During flashing I see this part:

"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/by-name/system at system_root: invalid argument. After restart I get boot loop but I'm not surprised.

Any idea? Thanks !

Last edited:

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
I'm following your instructions:

Instructions from Android 11 Stock

- flash twrp.tar with Odin ( download folder )
- reboot to twrp with Power & Vol+ buttons
- clean flash "NobodyROM v2.2"
- reboot to System

script succeeded, result ok but after restart I get only boot loop.... I don't know what else to do. (N976B). The only thing in red which I see after flash on the last row is "failed to mount /system_root"
Am I missing something? Thanks !
The twrp.tar is for N975F. Maybe thats why. I didnt change it when we added support for N976B. I will build you twrp.tar for N976B

mr_flm

Dec 3, 2011
Thank you mate for your fast replay.

That's right, I'm using the n975 twrp.
the error which i see during flashing is "mount: failed to mount /dev/block/by-name/system at system_root: invalid argument. After restart I get boot loop.

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
Thank you mate for your fast replay.

That's right, I'm using the n975 twrp.
the error which i see during flashing is "mount: failed to mount /dev/block/by-name/system at system_root: invalid argument. After restart I get boot loop.
Uploaded twrp-n976b.tar to n976b/mods folder

Try to clean flash ROM again, save the aroma log and share it

mr_flm

Dec 3, 2011
Thank you very much my friend! Tried again and nothing changed, it happens the same "mount: failed to mount /dev/block/by-name/system at system_root: invalid argument. I tried to save the log but I can't find in internal or sd card.

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
Thank you very much my friend! Tried again and nothing changed, it happens the same "mount: failed to mount /dev/block/by-name/system at system_root: invalid argument. I tried to save the log but I can't find in internal or sd card.
The saved aroma log is in ROM zip directory

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
Found it. What do you think.. I'm very confused. Flash and running in stock mode no problem.
Ok, try to unmount system manually before you flash ROM zip

But I see it isn't possible to support N976B without any good tester

Last edited:

i-m

Oct 25, 2010
Barcelona
I just clean flashed the latest ver everything working fine and smooth data usage also :). Thx for quick fix. Although I'm having problem installing youtube vanced as root file it just stuck on be patient window for a very long time after a while official youtube app appears but the vanced window still stuck on the same msg and the app is stock youtube not the vanced. Than i try non root version it installed instantly but the root version is not letting me install. How can i solve it.

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
I just clean flashed the latest ver everything working fine and smooth data usage also :). Thx for quick fix. Although I'm having problem installing youtube vanced as root file it just stuck on be patient window for a very long time after a while official youtube app appears but the vanced window still stuck on the same msg and the app is stock youtube not the vanced. Than i try non root version it installed instantly but the root version is not letting me install. How can i solve it.
I'm glad to here that.

It seems Vanced Devs changed a lot. I can't download root version on their homepage anymore, only Vanced Manager, but the installed YouTube Vanced is linked to Playstore version.

Reactions: i-m

i-m

Oct 25, 2010
Barcelona
@simonk206 bro how can i downgrade magisk manager? Coz the new ver causing the problem of vanced installation. This response i got from vanced telegram chanel.
"Please use Non-Root variant of vanced if any user is facing an issue with Vanced manager not installing YouTube Vanced/music root variant and getting official yt installed instead. It happens due to new magisk 21.3 update which caused this bug to broke root installer. So please either roll back to Magisk 21.2 or lower or use Non-Root until magisk dev fixes this."

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
@simonk206 bro how can i downgrade magisk manager? Coz the new ver causing the problem of vanced installation. This response i got from vanced telegram chanel.
"Please use Non-Root variant of vanced if any user is facing an issue with Vanced manager not installing YouTube Vanced/music root variant and getting official yt installed instead. It happens due to new magisk 21.3 update which caused this bug to broke root installer. So please either roll back to Magisk 21.2 or lower or use Non-Root until magisk dev fixes this."
You can't downgrade magisk

simonk206

Dec 3, 2016
They have to report it to topjohnwu and if its caused by magisk, he will fix it for sure. You will be one of the first to get the fix because I have Magisk Canary in the kernel.

You can try it with v1.4 Kernel update (released today with new updated Magisk ), but I dont think fix is included.

But using an old Magisk isn't a good solution.

And I don't see the point to use root vanced, if no root version with micro g is working fine. Use the apps of my screenshot above until topjohnwu fixes it. The vanced app I'm using won't be updated via the playstore

Reactions: BrauliX and i-m