General Nothing quietly changes Nothing Phone (1) specifications after release

Search This thread

Nyssa1104

Jul 9, 2010
Saint Denis
At launch, Nothing advertised the Nothing Phone (1) as being capable of reaching 1,200 nits when viewing HDR content. Considering the smartphone's price, this would have been an impressive feature, if it were true. Instead, Nothing has subsequently changed its advertising, following the publication of numerous reviews quoting this incorrect peak brightness value.

However, under no circumstances did the Nothing Phone (1) achieve its advertised 1,200 nits. Subsequently, Nothing has altered the specifications of the Phone (1) on its website, reducing its peak brightness value to 700 nits. Thankfully, Web Archive holds snapshots of Nothing's website with the original display specifications of the Phone (1). Incidentally, Nothing has not publicly commented on the matter, nor are we aware that it has informed early adopters of the device's actual peak brightness.

Full Story > https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nothi...-1-specifications-after-release.639863.0.html

Reactions: galaxys

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5
I still feel robbed they kept my £20 deposit after cancelling order even though I knew they would.
But thinking now that's some really slimy bs tactic..
I managed to get a refund to my surprised. i initiate the refund via paypal since my payment was through paypal.

1660200233677.png

Reactions: badaas

babastutz

Dec 27, 2010
It's getting to be a lot.

Is there some happy customers with this one ? I am waiting because of indeterminate delays of my order and I am getting anxious 😅

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At launch, Nothing advertised the Nothing Phone (1) as being capable of reaching 1,200 nits when viewing HDR content. Considering the smartphone's price, this would have been an impressive feature, if it were true. Instead, Nothing has subsequently changed its advertising, following the publication of numerous reviews quoting this incorrect peak brightness value.

However, under no circumstances did the Nothing Phone (1) achieve its advertised 1,200 nits. Subsequently, Nothing has altered the specifications of the Phone (1) on its website, reducing its peak brightness value to 700 nits. Thankfully, Web Archive holds snapshots of Nothing's website with the original display specifications of the Phone (1). Incidentally, Nothing has not publicly commented on the matter, nor are we aware that it has informed early adopters of the device's actual peak brightness.

Full Story > https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nothi...-1-specifications-after-release.639863.0.html
    I still feel robbed they kept my £20 deposit after cancelling order even though I knew they would.
    But thinking now that's some really slimy bs tactic..
    I managed to get a refund to my surprised. i initiate the refund via paypal since my payment was through paypal.

1660200233677.png