• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Notification doesn't show for certain apps

Search This thread

slimy_salami

May 16, 2021
Recently purchased a mi 11 ultra, and I immediately noticed a few problems with it. Namely, the notifications seemed to be simply not working for some apps. Chinese apps like Wechat still work fine, but "western" apps such as discord and reddit simply do not show any notification at all. I tried some simple troubleshooting, and I enabled autostart, checked all the notifications in the settings, and even disabled miui battery saving options, but to no avail, still discord and reddit was silent. I'm trying my best to avoid a factory reset, so I would appreciate any help I can get. For reference, I am currently using miui 12.5.4, and a chinese rom of the system.

picitup

Jan 9, 2011
Deal
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi I had a similar problem, notably with Acalendar, my favourite calendar app. Furnishing the app with every permission, autostart and as much battery as it likes did not help.

In Acalendar, there is a notification test option. This did not work and I got an error message that the notification was blocked, but Acalendar did not know why which didn't help much.

In Acalendar, there's and option in setiings/notifications called Sticky Date. I read this was a fix for some Huwaei phones, turned it on and now notificatons work.

I'm not sure I understand why this works, but hope it helps a little.

Cheers

Steve

ps I'm on 12.5.4 China Stable too

slimy_salami

May 16, 2021
Hi I had a similar problem, notably with Acalendar, my favourite calendar app. Furnishing the app with every permission, autostart and as much battery as it likes did not help.

In Acalendar, there is a notification test option. This did not work and I got an error message that the notification was blocked, but Acalendar did not know why which didn't help much.

In Acalendar, there's and option in setiings/notifications called Sticky Date. I read this was a fix for some Huwaei phones, turned it on and now notificatons work.

I'm not sure I understand why this works, but hope it helps a little.

Cheers

Steve

ps I'm on 12.5.4 China Stable too
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't see an option for "sticky dates" for apps such as discord or reddit. On the topic of using chinese rom, do you have a solution for changing the app search bar to change search engines? it seems to only have tou tiao, baidu search and sogou as options by default, and I would be delighted to know if there's a way to change it.

Top Liked Posts