Notification LED confirmed

g33k3r

Apr 28, 2011
ok it actually seems to work quite well after a bit of experimenting in the adb shell.

You'll need root but with that try the following:

Choose root mode
run every command as root and
direct mode
Make sure "su"/superuser has access granted for all requests

Then go into lightflow, notification settings and you should have a
"mixer" option. Enable that and you should then see options to set the
red, green and blue leds and also an option to set their brightness.

The brightness is has a 255 max value (0 being off) - (255 max brightness) and it should work.

The led won't flash but you can mix them together to get different colors. Technically you don't need to use the mixer but there's more control with it from what I remember.
The option to run every command as root is grayed out. Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Qbancelli

Feb 1, 2012
NYC
Read and follow the instructions again.
I did, and got it to work.
No flashing, and only 3 colors though ��

Last edited:

litrekid

Sep 5, 2010
OK anyone know why I would be getting an granted su permission for interactive shell constantly for lightflow?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
While this is nice, it's pretty limiting in features. Seeing as how it doesn't respond to brightness levels, we really only have 7 options (8 if you count all off being one) for color choices. I'll stick to ambient display.

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
Yes I am rooted.

And do you have "Root mode" checked?
It's a couple lines up from the "run every command as root" box

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

OK anyone know why I would be getting an granted su permission for interactive shell constantly for lightflow?

Same question here.

litrekid

Sep 5, 2010
Well for now u can go into su and click on light flow and disable the notification to stop the message from popping up.

yojlik

Aug 29, 2010
I see the options on my install of the paid Light Flow app but on my wife's Nexus 6 with Light Flow Lite I'm not sure I'm finding the same options. Like I can't seem to choose root mode, run every command as root, and direct mode all at the same time. My wife isn't opposed to buying the paid version if it's sure to work on her Nexus 6 but I'd sure like to know it will before buying it.

Does Light Flow Lite have the ability to configure the options in such a way that works? I couldn't get the LED to illuminate at all.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
I see the options on my install of the paid Light Flow app but on my wife's Nexus 6 with Light Flow Lite I'm not sure I'm finding the same options. Like I can't seem to choose root mode, run every command as root, and direct mode all at the same time. My wife isn't opposed to buying the paid version if it's sure to work on her Nexus 6 but I'd sure like to know it will before buying it.

Does Light Flow Lite have the ability to configure the options in such a way that works? I couldn't get the LED to illuminate at all.
Lite hasn't been updated since like march, pretty unlikely it will work