Question notification light/led feature.

Search This thread

ovi2901

Aug 9, 2014
dhaka
which is the best way/app to active notification light freture?
i've seen videos on AOE and Notifybuddy apps. but are they safe to use?? and how much power they consume on regular use?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 50

reg1stration

Oct 27, 2012
I have same question. Surprised, that phone has no support of Always on Display like it was on my previous samsung. AOE require rights to read your messages, that is not inspire confidence

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
I have same question. Surprised, that phone has no support of Always on Display like it was on my previous samsung. AOE require rights to read your messages, that is not inspire confidence
It has AoD support.
Though it's not as feature rich as I would like.
AOE needs to read messages so that it can see that there are messages.
I think that android ( at least miui ) blocks apps from seeing that there are messages even if they have permission to see notifications.

reg1stration

Oct 27, 2012
It has AoD support.
Though it's not as feature rich as I would like.
AOE needs to read messages so that it can see that there are messages.
I think that android ( at least miui ) blocks apps from seeing that there are messages even if they have permission to see notifications.
Try to install apps with "backup & restore sms" and they want permission to read your messages. They all unencrypted allowed to app now. Similar permission need stock SMS messenger

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
No, only 10 seconds can't be called an AoD.
They should call it a 10 second on display or something like that. Everything except Always On because it isn't always on.

It's also totally useless because instead of a single tap to view the "AoD" you might as well doubletap and view your lockscreen.
Isn't there an option to have it permanently on?

Apple740

Jul 30, 2012
Welp, I guess not.
Be sure that you are on the latest update as well, just in case
The issue seems to be there for years, Note 9 and 10 were also restricted for 10 seconds.
I guess Xiaomi wants you to buy the Pro model which has true AoD.

I send them an email and their response is that they don't offer full AoD because it drains the battery. They want you to enjoy full battery life they said. 😀

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
The issue seems to be there for years, Note 9 and 10 were also restricted for 10 seconds.
I guess Xiaomi wants you to buy the Pro model which has true AoD.

I send them an email and their response is that they don't offer full AoD because it drains the battery. They want you to enjoy full battery life they said. 😀
Well, that's dumb.
The XiaomiEU ROM has it, if you want

Top Liked Posts