Notification Light....

Search This thread

macklobell

Jan 16, 2009
Can't we get a representative from Sony to tell us what the deal is with the notification light. It's hard to believe that they downgraded the phone to a small little notification light on the upper left hand corner. Is there an additional notification light integrated into to upper middle speaker like the Z1C? This is a major selling point for me before ordering.:(

Reactions: premneo

tudork

Feb 4, 2009
Bucharest
And you should have seen Xperia ZR notification light, it's awesome! The mysterious stripe inserted in the bottom part which you cannot even see if it's not lit. It's the only thing I'm sorry about upgrading to the Xperia z3 compact.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Free mobile app

UserX10

May 10, 2010
Can't we get a representative from Sony to tell us what the deal is with the notification light. It's hard to believe that they downgraded the phone to a small little notification light on the upper left hand corner. Is there an additional notification light integrated into to upper middle speaker like the Z1C? This is a major selling point for me before ordering.:(

I can only assume that is is done to get a better speaker sound.
It is only a presumption.
Standard LED notification is OK - the notification in Xperia ZL/ZR is great but the notification in Z1C was the best and a great idea from sony. What a shame that they don´t use it in the Z3C.
But the speaker sound from Z3C compared to the Z1C is awesome! You will not be disappointed! If this is the reason why they have changed it, then I prefer the better sound instead of the notification LED.

kartoonz

Apr 28, 2012
Psynation
I can only assume that is is done to get a better speaker sound.
It is only a presumption.
Standard LED notification is OK - the notification in Xperia ZL/ZR is great but the notification in Z1C was the best and a great idea from sony. What a shame that they don´t use it in the Z3C.
But the speaker sound from Z3C compared to the Z1C is awesome! You will not be disappointed! If this is the reason why they have changed it, then I prefer the better sound instead of the notification LED.

+1, its not a deal breaker at all :p

macklobell

Jan 16, 2009
+1, its not a deal breaker at all :p

I talked to xperia tech support today and they said the Z3 has the light bar notification above the sony logo and the small round notification to the upper left of the phone for charging only. They said that the Z3 compact will be the same. This is Awesome!!!!!! Now what color to pick. The black or the red/orange? I am concerned the black will show too much fingerprints.:laugh:

kartoonz

Apr 28, 2012
Psynation
I talked to xperia tech support today and they said the Z3 has the light bar notification above the sony logo and the small round notification to the upper left of the phone for charging only. They said that the Z3 compact will be the same. This is Awesome!!!!!! Now what color to pick. The black or the red/orange? I am concerned the black will show too much fingerprints.:laugh:
really !!! Wow that's good news. Thx for confirming the news :) getting the black for sure. Looks sexy

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010

I watched several reviews and in none they showed the light bar notification. How can they have missed it? In any case, that's really good news!

Rzr92

Apr 5, 2013
That's strange i also had a word with with them and they told me it only has the small notification led on top left corner
Seems like sony is trolling us :silly:

sxtester

Sep 11, 2014
Would be too good to be true. However, above the Sony logo there's the earpiece and I find it hard to even spot enough space for an addl. light bar for notifications. Further, if it exists, why would they put the confirmed small LED anyways?

Really loved my U and the SP for the real notification bar. M and ZL are also still fine, yet not on par with the aforementioned. Hope Sony would include that feature again in later/future designs.

Last edited:

shahulvm

Nov 14, 2010

Nope, the tech support personnel was wrong. I had tested it and there is only one small round notification light on the left side. Even I ran the diagnostics tests to check for notification and only this light lit up with different colors.

Reactions: charliebigpot

skycamefalling

Dec 6, 2008
Austria
I have no problem with this because the notification from the Z1c wasn't good see. I agree that the position in the speaker made the notification light pretty but that doesn't help if I can't see if it is blinking or not.
Therefore I'm fine with a single LED like at the Xperia S and Acro S.

I miss the notification light from the Xperia ZL though...this one was awesome.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011

Since I have opened my Z1C phone because I hard bricked them, I must share my opinion... I had hard time fixing water prof since microphone part of plastic on Z1 Compact was b.s. and I was unable to secure waterprof on these side since it was not diht corectly, now I think led and microphone thing on Z3C is better for sure than Z1C since it diht better now! Allso I think led is looking better on Z3C, I giving 5 points to Sony for new led and microphone side :)

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013

I dont know why you needed a sony representative to tell you about the Led Notifcation when its visbile.

The Led is on the leftside of the phone.
Theres no light bar at all period.
Hardly a deal breaker, at least you got one.

You've been lied to every review that mentions it says its in the left corner, even though you can already see it is in the videos...:good:. As with the Z3...

"The LED notification light is in the far upper left corner. Not too bright when it does flash and it can be turned off." - Clove.

macklobell

Jan 16, 2009
I dont know why you needed a sony representative to tell you about the Led Notifcation when its visbile.

The Led is on the leftside of the phone.
Theres no light bar at all period.
Hardly a deal breaker, at least you got one.

You've been lied to every review that mentions it says its in the left corner, even though you can already see it is in the videos...:good:. As with the Z3...

"The LED notification light is in the far upper left corner. Not too bright when it does flash and it can be turned off." - Clove.

I'm not sure why you are so rude. I got some wrong information and there could have been a possibility of there being two lights based on the design of the prior models.

brocnical

Oct 9, 2011
Ulster
It would be awesome if in a future model they could use that translucent rim material to make the entire rim (on all 4 sides) one badass unmissable 360 degree notification light!

I also don't understand the reviewer who said "not too bright" as a good thing (unless during charging). For notification usages it can't be bright enough! I would go further as I also miss that old notification beep sound that old Motorola feature phones used to do if you missed a call (a short and sharp ping sound every 10 mins). Anyone know an app that adds that feature?

Last edited:

sublimnl

Dec 28, 2009

sublimnl

Dec 28, 2009
Will the z3c led be customizable? Is that confirmed that it will work with light flow?

Lightflow does more than just control the LED. I was just saying he could use it to get the feature he wanted (which doesn't require LED). I don't know if it will be able to control the LED though. We'll find out in a couple more days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's not bad. Is it confirmed to be multi colour/rgb?

Confirmed, as I had tested it.

Nope, the tech support personnel was wrong. I had tested it and there is only one small round notification light on the left side. Even I ran the diagnostics tests to check for notification and only this light lit up with different colors.
    Here is a review where you can see the notification led in action (2:15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCwz_ViYsbo
    Hi guys,

So, the only way to control the notification LED color is via a 3rd party app? (Light Flow or Light Manager)
    Sony didn't include anything, right? (at least I haven't been able to find anything)

I haven't seen a built in LED control either. Light flow works perfectly though.

Sent from my D5803