Question Notification light

Search This thread

this.guy.lol

May 14, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I don't know if it's on here or not but I came from a Samsung phone and so anytime a notification will go off it would flash a green light does the OnePlus 9 pro have that same feature or some type of light that could flash when a notification is on the device? Perhaps maybe there's some type of a magisk module that can utilize the camera ring around it to flash when there's a notification 🤷‍♂️ if it helps I am on a custom ROM. So I'm not sure if stock has it. Thanks.

Reactions: galaxys

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy S10
On recent OnePlus phones, you'll find a function called Horizon Light (it basically lights the screen's borders when a notification is received), that is used for similar purposes, but there isn't a notification LED in the hardware.

I'm not sure if it is a function that is still in your custom ROM, but it is a stock ROM function.

Reactions: galaxys

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy S10
Geez, how I miss the LED notification lights that older phones had.
Especially the ones that were multi-color so you could assign a different color for different notification types.
Technically, it wouldn't be impossible to recreate it with an app dedicated to modify the always on display features.

As AMOLED screens are basically tiny LEDs side by side, we could imagine a way to light or pulse specific ones to remplace the "missing" one. But it would be a trade-off, as those selected LEDs would be functioning and aging surely more quickly than the others. 🤔

Last edited:

Buslova

There are a few apps out there that will use the AOD to create the appearance of a notification light or even continually flash the Horizon light bars and other custom lighting options however all 3 I've tried were glitchy and obviously drained the battery since it's using AOD to accomplish the notification light. Maybe if you're already used to AOD battery drain it wouldn't be so noticeable but I don't use AOD normally so the difference was very noticeable to me.

Reactions: Jaxom84

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy S10
There are a few apps out there that will use the AOD to create the appearance of a notification light or even continually flash the Horizon light bars and other custom lighting options however all 3 I've tried were glitchy and obviously drained the battery since it's using AOD to accomplish the notification light. Maybe if you're already used to AOD battery drain it wouldn't be so noticeable but I don't use AOD normally so the difference was very noticeable to me.
Yes, it's also a thing to consider, but I don't think the memory and power usage for only a black screen and a color dot would be that energy consuming. Did you notice a change that big when you gave a try to those apps? 😮

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Geez, how I miss the LED notification lights that older phones had.
    Especially the ones that were multi-color so you could assign a different color for different notification types.
    So I don't know if it's on here or not but I came from a Samsung phone and so anytime a notification will go off it would flash a green light does the OnePlus 9 pro have that same feature or some type of light that could flash when a notification is on the device? Perhaps maybe there's some type of a magisk module that can utilize the camera ring around it to flash when there's a notification 🤷‍♂️ if it helps I am on a custom ROM. So I'm not sure if stock has it. Thanks.
    On recent OnePlus phones, you'll find a function called Horizon Light (it basically lights the screen's borders when a notification is received), that is used for similar purposes, but there isn't a notification LED in the hardware.

I'm not sure if it is a function that is still in your custom ROM, but it is a stock ROM function.
    Yeh, only aware of built-in horizon light 🚨, but it doesn't flash long enough to catch it....