Question Notification on outer screen with AOD off

Search This thread

ghebb_ns

Aug 28, 2008
Not sure if this is possible, but thought I would ask. I have AOD off (save battery) but would love to have just the yellow notification dot appear when I have an email or text. Anyway to make that happen?
Thanks

Reactions: D4rk4 and MastNi
Not sure if this is possible, but thought I would ask. I have AOD off (save battery) but would love to have just the yellow notification dot appear when I have an email or text. Anyway to make that happen?
Thanks

Settings -> Cover screen -> Turn on screen for notifications

Last edited:
Reactions: phatmanxxl

D4rk4

Dec 25, 2008
I was literally just thinking this! I also have AoD off to save battery. Would love to have a pixel(s) that flash around the screen randomly if/when you have a notification.

D4rk4

Dec 25, 2008
There are a few apps in the playstore that do this but for regular phones. Will try a couple and see if they can be used on the cover screen

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I was literally just thinking this! I also have AoD off to save battery. Would love to have a pixel(s) that flash around the screen randomly if/when you have a notification.
Tap on AOD should use very little battery in standby. On my N10+ it's around .5%@hr with internet/phone enabled.
Quiet time is healthy for you... being available 24/7 is no blessing at all. After I go to bed I rarely look at the phone.

Audible/tactile notifications may be an option in standby too.
There's Edge lighting but that was always less than reliable even with the display on🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-174232_Battery Tracker.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-174232_Battery Tracker.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: D4rk4
There are a few apps in the playstore that do this but for regular phones. Will try a couple and see if they can be used on the cover screen

As long as none of them target a specific display, it should be possible.

Might be worth taking a look at the fold or previous flip to see if they had a solution. Basically any phone that has a cover screen

Reactions: D4rk4

Fiili

Dec 26, 2012
It is almost one year, since my first Flip 5G, I am trying to find a solution to have a permanent dot notification on outer screen, no party.
Now with Flip 3, same story.
I do not understand why a developer isn't willing to create an app for that.
I would pay and others would do, as me...

Fiili

Dec 26, 2012
I wrote "permanent", meaning that the dot is continuously blinking even with screen off in case of a notification.

senergy

Oct 26, 2006
In the oneui4 release notes it says it can turn the AOD ON when there is a notification. Im hoping that does what it sounds like because I miss this as well.

d0x360

Mar 11, 2009
The app aodnotify works on the Z Flip3, at least enough to be useful.

Basically you set it up so always on display is off unless a notification is received. Then set it so the screen will turn on and stay on for however long you want. That will make the exterior screen turn on (assuming the phone is closed) for the time you set. I set mine to 2 min and it hasn't had any real effect on battery life. If the phone is open then it can still do edge lighting, blinking dot etc on the main display.

If it wasn't for aodnotify I'd never know when I have a notification unless I stared at the phone all day but with the screen staying on for 2 min I usually notice because I'll catch it in my peripheral vision or when I glance at it.

Recently someone posted code to control the exterior display. It's located here..

I'm hoping @Jawomo (dev of aodnotify) will use it to add support for the z Flip3 and future versions of this phone so we can get edge lighting on the exterior screen.

Top Liked Posts