• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Notification shade sometimes blurs background, sometimes is a solid colour - what does this depend on?

Search This thread

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
I've been noticing this for some time now. Sometimes the background of my notification shade is the screen behind it, blurred, but at times, heck, most of the time, it's just a solid colour.

And I simply can't see what exactly makes this change. I've been trying to determine what exactly makes it switch between these modes, to no avail. Why can't it stay in just the blurred mode?

Reactions: Texan1

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Yeah, there's been a few folks in some threads here who've noticed the same thing, including me - and we've all wondered what flipped its bit to do it.
So I did some further testing. Apparently locking the screen manually will take the blur away. After running for a few minutes, blur comes back. Swiping the shade completely down, and setting the screen brightness does bring it back.

To me it seems like a massive bug that Google still hasn't fixed...

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Alekos

I have a feeling it was supposed to be blurry (which is so much cooler) but something went wrong. and I also think either in the December update or 12L it'll be blurry.

they're all about the see through blur with that new setting in dev option to change window-level blurs. but I guess we shall see. pretty significant bug.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like the blurr wish it stayed like that
    I've been noticing this for some time now. Sometimes the background of my notification shade is the screen behind it, blurred, but at times, heck, most of the time, it's just a solid colour.

And I simply can't see what exactly makes this change. I've been trying to determine what exactly makes it switch between these modes, to no avail. Why can't it stay in just the blurred mode?
    Yeah, there's been a few folks in some threads here who've noticed the same thing, including me - and we've all wondered what flipped its bit to do it.
    So I did some further testing. Apparently locking the screen manually will take the blur away. After running for a few minutes, blur comes back. Swiping the shade completely down, and setting the screen brightness does bring it back.

To me it seems like a massive bug that Google still hasn't fixed...
    I have a feeling it was supposed to be blurry (which is so much cooler) but something went wrong. and I also think either in the December update or 12L it'll be blurry.

they're all about the see through blur with that new setting in dev option to change window-level blurs. but I guess we shall see. pretty significant bug.