• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Notifications on AoD

Search This thread

sbeee

Oct 2, 2021
Hi,

my AoD shows no Notifications. In Settings > Home screen, Lock screen & AoD > AoD i can't find any button to enable that.

Any idea where can i set this?

sbeee

Oct 2, 2021
You're right..i'm using the chinese version. never thought that this is a "global feature". 😅

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
if you're using the chinese version it doesn't really show up. only in the global version.
I dont think its true. On AOD I have only notification icons - nothing else. And I have global version.

If I go to notification settings for specific app I can choose only: notification drawe, status bar, lock screen, badge.

Can u share screenshot from your settings?

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
you mean..no date, no battery usage??

i'm totally confused...is there a (global or per app) AoD notification setting or not??
I assumed that battery and date/time are obvious.

In my case I have:
- battery
- date/time or some fancy shape
- notification ICONS. There is NO notification TEXT like u can see on the lock screen.

I dont think that there is any difference in this matter between global and CN version...but I will let others with CN/Global version confirm.it.

sbeee

Oct 2, 2021
I dont think that there is any difference in this matter between global and CN version...but I will let others with CN/Global version confirm.it.
I've no notification icons and I don't know where I can activate that feature.

Btw...no matter which AoD Design I choose, in the preview I see notification icons. But only there, not when AoD is active.

Anyway...the AoD seems a little bit buggy. At some point during the night the AoD goes off (yes, the AoD is configured to stay always on). When I wake up and take the phone from the wireless charger the AoD came back. Strange behavior.

Last edited:

sbeee

Oct 2, 2021
yes...both enabled and i see notifications on lock screen/statusbar (from telgram, whatsapp etc.).

sbeee

Oct 2, 2021
ok, today i received an old school sms and what should i say...there was a notification icon in the AoD.

so i think the problem exists somewhere in the app/notification settings. the problem is that the messages app has much less setting options than Telegram or WhatsApp etc..

please...can you post a screenshot of your working notification settings of telegram or whatsapp?

brunolongo

Jun 26, 2021
ok, today i received an old school sms and what should i say...there was a notification icon in the AoD.

so i think the problem exists somewhere in the app/notification settings. the problem is that the messages app has much less setting options than Telegram or WhatsApp etc..

please...can you post a screenshot of your working notification settings of telegram or whatsapp?
gsmarena_021.jpg

in global versions AoD notifications are like this. In the Chinese versions, like mine, it doesn't appear. Only the notifications from native apps like sms, dialer..😔😔😔

Reactions: sbeee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

my AoD shows no Notifications. In Settings > Home screen, Lock screen & AoD > AoD i can't find any button to enable that.

Any idea where can i set this?
    if you're using the chinese version it doesn't really show up. only in the global version.

gsmarena_021.jpg

in global versions AoD notifications are like this. In the Chinese versions, like mine, it doesn't appear. Only the notifications from native apps like sms, dialer..😔😔😔