• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

NotoColorEmoji.ttf Unicode 13.1 merged with old Android 10 Emojis [ROOT]

Search This thread

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
Hey guys,
I simply love the Emojis from Android 10 (Unicode 12.1) and didn't like the new look of the Android 11 (Unicode 13.1) Emojis at all.

See the changes here:
Android 10:

Android 11:

So what I did:
I used the current NotoColorEmoji.ttf (u13.1), extracted it with Python and fonttools and merged it with the latest Emojis from 2020, so that you have the old looking Emojis with all missing new ones.

Attached is the NotoColorEmoji.ttf

If you are a rooted Samsung user like me, you need to rename it to SamsungColorEmoji.ttf and place it in /system/fonts - change the rights to rw-r--r-- and restart.

If anyone wants to build a Magisk plugin, feel free to do so.

Enjoy mates!

Attachments

• NotoColorEmoji.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 922
Reactions: kendzhi

shaftenberg

Jul 31, 2010
Cologne
I made an error with some Glyphs yesterday, so I just uploaded this file new.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Simply exchange the .tff if you have used the old one from me.

SefaMert

Mar 22, 2018
What exactly did you do to change emojis? If you explain this, it will be very useful for me.

Anant69

Oct 18, 2021
Bro here the replaced emojis like 😒😏🌝🌚 are of android 9 bro please do it of android 10
Screenshot_20211018-205635_Google.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    I simply love the Emojis from Android 10 (Unicode 12.1) and didn't like the new look of the Android 11 (Unicode 13.1) Emojis at all.

See the changes here:
    Android 10:

Android 11:

So what I did:
    I used the current NotoColorEmoji.ttf (u13.1), extracted it with Python and fonttools and merged it with the latest Emojis from 2020, so that you have the old looking Emojis with all missing new ones.

Attached is the NotoColorEmoji.ttf

If you are a rooted Samsung user like me, you need to rename it to SamsungColorEmoji.ttf and place it in /system/fonts - change the rights to rw-r--r-- and restart.

If anyone wants to build a Magisk plugin, feel free to do so.

Enjoy mates!