Nougat 7.0 will not available only G4 KOREAN VERSION

Search This thread

fhssasss

Jan 17, 2014
I live in south korea.
and I am using LG G4 KOREAN VERSION(F500L)
I have a bad news for korean version G4 user.

Korean version will not update official Nougat 7.0.
LG Customer service said to me, "We decided , We will not service nougat 7.0 sorry and 6.0 is stablized OS for G4 "

So, The korean G4 will not update nougat 7.0
It's very sad news and this news made me very angry :(

Cheer up all korean version G4 users!
And Please unlock F500's bootloader
... T_T
+LG V10 KOREAN VERSION will not service Nougat to same reason

Last edited:

digitall1982

Oct 29, 2008
I live in south korea.
and I am using LG G4 KOREAN VERSION(F500L)
I have a bad news for korean version G4 user.

Korean version will not update official Nougat 7.0.
LG Customer service said to me, "We decided , We will not service nougat 7.0 sorry and 6.0 is stablized OS for G4 "

So, The korean G4 will not update nougat 7.0
It's very sad news and this news made me very angry :(

Cheer up all korean version G4 users!
And Please unlock F500's bootloader
... T_T
+LG V10 KOREAN VERSION will not service Nougat to same reason
can you ask them is there will be update to 7.0 for H815?

kingtm

Jul 17, 2011
If korean version not get Nougat, we sure that international not getting too.

Изпратено от моят SM-G935F с помощта на Tapatalk

Reactions: Peshyy

heroutm

Mar 27, 2015
I think the same. Many low-end/mid devices from LG already got Nougat (LG Stylo 2 for example).

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Many people won't buy next phone from LG and sales will be lower because of that. In spite of many problems and terrible software updates G4 was not so bad. They want to sell new phones and have earnings but none of us will buy another LG phone after this. LG G4 had many hardware problems and they did another mistake with update policy.

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Wtf LG **** you. I'll wait till April and I will go for something else. I bought this because of further updates and guess what. It won't receive any...

Sent from my LG G4 using XDA Labs

CygnusBlack

Feb 20, 2011
They should at least unlock the bootloader on 81X models so that we can move on with custom roms.
I really enjoy the phone (815P) but it'll be the last one from LG for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: rakshikashyap

F-L-Y-E-R

Jan 15, 2011
London
I'm not sure if it's the final/legit information or just speculations but if that's true then I feel sorry for people who bought this phone and paid full flagship price for it... At least I bought it in 2016 and paid half price but one more time it proves that we shouldn't ever buy a new Android phone as soon as it gets released because of stupid update policy, never ever!!! Only in this way we can make them hear us and keep buying last years phones so their sales go down and maybe, maybe they will hear us, otherwise it will stay like this forever. I realized it long time ago, 3-4 years that OEMs don't give a **** about customers, all they care is marketing and sales, that's all I can say to you. Lets hope for the best but from what it looks like it's very unlikely as I personally received 2 updates in last year which only had new security patch...

baileyjr

Aug 21, 2012
Cardiff
Yes it pretty bad... Can't even supply updates for 2 years from Launch, which is a lot of peoples upgrade period.

I'm due an upgrade in May, but I can see me waiting for the next iteration of the Oneplus and jumping ship to that.

heroutm

Mar 27, 2015
hey, let's be positive.. maybe LG is too busy with their upcoming G6 until they forgot that G4 is actually existed..

I highly doubt about it. If they release G6, they will focus on G6, G5 and V20. There is even lower chance getting Android 7 N for G4 after G6 release.

G3 got Android 6.0 Marshmallow before G5 was released.

Reactions: Peshyy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why I every time find out when I buy any new phone that there is any problem with upgrading, HW issues or whatever else? :/
    Do you have any proof or source for that? Because I can say that LG Korean support has told me that G4 will receive Nougat??
    I'm not sure if it's the final/legit information or just speculations but if that's true then I feel sorry for people who bought this phone and paid full flagship price for it... At least I bought it in 2016 and paid half price but one more time it proves that we shouldn't ever buy a new Android phone as soon as it gets released because of stupid update policy, never ever!!! Only in this way we can make them hear us and keep buying last years phones so their sales go down and maybe, maybe they will hear us, otherwise it will stay like this forever. I realized it long time ago, 3-4 years that OEMs don't give a **** about customers, all they care is marketing and sales, that's all I can say to you. Lets hope for the best but from what it looks like it's very unlikely as I personally received 2 updates in last year which only had new security patch...
    댓글이 없네요 ㅠㅠㅠ 버려진 f500
    Read forum rules!
    English only pls! Thanks!
    You can always manualy flash newer KDZ via LG UP. I don't care if branded phone got update or not, that always depends on carriers. I was talking about internation version of phones. Every carrier delays updates a lot. Everytime.. There shouldn't be branded phones, it slows everything down. Look at Apple Inc. If they release update, everyone gets it in a few days. I just hope that someday will Google make carriers independent security updates for all Android phones.

Korean G5 got update on 8th November 2016. Thats more than 3 months delay for US market.
    That's why Apple still has customers. Their phones are pretty average. Nothing special I would say but software and OEM support is top notch and android OEMs should learn from Apple. Look at Android tablets anyway. Most of them don't have any support or OEM interest. It completely sucks and makes me think of getting iPad instead of next crappy Android tablet with no support

Sent from my LG G4 using XDA Labs