Nougat Battery Life

Search This thread

Spydyr

Apr 25, 2010
Okay, I have seen a lot of people having issues with their battery life. This is a couple things that I have discovered and this has been checked with 2 other A7's.

First is wipe your Cache Partition. If you haven't done this. Please do as it helps drastically.

Second, some say it take 2-5 charging cycles to straighten out. As I charge my phone every night because I use mine phone a lot. 2-5 charging cycles is not it. I prefer 2-5 days of use and charging. This is for any device I have ever had. This also includes the tank of all phones, the Nokia 5160.

Third is Dolby. Yes it is nice. 4 Day test -20% battery over 7 hours of use average. This is why I don't use it unless I am in the car plugged into the car charger or wall charger. This is only true when using Dolby. Battery drain from stock music app with Dolby off to Poweramp (what I use) appear to be the same me.

Forth is SYNC. I don't know how many people use it but I saw between 10%-25% battery drop over 16 hours with it on. The reason for the swing is Cell Data vs WiFi. Wifi uses more because it updates more. The update frequency seems to be every 15 mins on WiFi vs ever hour on Cell Data. This battery drop was not seen by me in MM. I grabbed one of my other phones that is on Nougat and it has the same issue. So that is not a phone issues. That is a Nougat issues.

Fifth, now this one caught me a little weird. The power saver that everyone hates it seems like. Turn your power saver to Performance. Run it like that for 2-6 hours. If yours worked like mine. You will see no change in battery life during this time. Then switch it back to Smart power-save. And now watch your battery life increase. This one I cannot confirm on MM. But my battery increased by 25% by doing this.

Sixth and this one is important, Clear All Apps. Yes they load slower when you clear them out. But apps like Snapchat, Facebook, basically any social media, camera, are going to eat battery. This is known by many but often forgotten. I forget to clear all still. See if it helps you.

Seven, ZTE Locker, It is fun to play with but will drain fast the moment you get on WiFi. It will look for all the lockscreen wallpapers.

Now these are what I found out with the way that I use my A7. I know everyone uses their phone differently. What I call "All Day Battery Life" is 6 am to 10 pm. During this stretch of time I could be using my phone up to 13 hours of that. Very few phones can last on a single charge the way I use my phone. A7 is one that beats out the rest. My battery life went from 13% at 10pm to 39% at 10 pm. And it continues to get better everyday. Also this my be a joke but it worked for a Moto G4 and at OP3T. If you have a day where your battery just seems to fall fast. I mean like you are not going to get 6 hours out of it. Find a 5v 2 amp charger and plug in for like 10 mins. Battery fall goes away. It cannot be the factory quick charger either. I hope this little bit helps some of you guys out.

Last edited:

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
Thanks for this info!

Just an observation I've noticed since having this phone for almost 6 months.

When I use my older Samsung charger (slow charge), my battery seems to die off quicker. If I charge with the stock charger, the battery seems to last longer.

Spydyr

Apr 25, 2010
Right now I have not noticed it dying off faster. But I will keep an eye out for it. So far I have not had any fast drain battery days with mine A7 yet. I use the term "yet" because it is going to happen. I have not own a phone that has never had it. Just glad I can help.

lfsbtfl

Jun 26, 2012
Karlsruhe
Thanks for this info!

When I use my older Samsung charger (slow charge), my battery seems to die off quicker. If I charge with the stock charger, the battery seems to last longer.
I'm experiencing the same. Not sure if it's a fact or just feels like this.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using XDA Labs

Spydyr

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for this info!

I saw this drain you are talking on my Nokia, Blu, and Samsung 1 amp chargers. I have not seen it yet on my Asus or Samsung 2 amp chargers. It is really noticable on the Blu charger. I am going to put my chargers on a test rig this weekend and see if the amp draw to the phone is causing a voltage drop in the charger and cause them to not charge right.

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
We should not have these issues these days. My Sony Z3 has no issues doing 1.5 days without using battery saver. My Windows 640xl will go 2 days no problem. I don't understand why manufactures can't figure out battery life. I love the Axon7 but its the thirstiest phone I have ever owned.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try.

Spydyr

Apr 25, 2010
We should not have these issues these days. My Sony Z3 has no issues doing 1.5 days without using battery saver. My Windows 640xl will go 2 days no problem. I don't understand why manufactures can't figure out battery life. I love the Axon7 but its the thirstiest phone I have ever owned.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try.

I can't speak for Sony as the last one I owned was the Experia Play. I had the Lumia 640 XL though. I never got over 20 hours on a single charge. Battery Life is also tied to how a user uses the phone. My father gets 3 days on his OP3T. He also doesn't use it as much as I do. When I only use my Axon for calls and sms. I get 6 days on a charge. But for me that is not real world life. As a thirsty phone, I just don't see it with mine. The other two guys here that have one as well. They get 2 and 3 days on a charge. I know some people are having battery issues. Some are having charging issues with slow chargers. I saw it happen with a few of my slow chargers as well. I hope that my suggestions work out for you. I have been looking at other things to try to see if they help. That is the beauty of having two more Axon's in the area. Right now I have a non-battery annoying issue that I am trying to work through.

I am also updating the OP for another that I found. ZTE Locker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, I have seen a lot of people having issues with their battery life. This is a couple things that I have discovered and this has been checked with 2 other A7's.

First is wipe your Cache Partition. If you haven't done this. Please do as it helps drastically.

Second, some say it take 2-5 charging cycles to straighten out. As I charge my phone every night because I use mine phone a lot. 2-5 charging cycles is not it. I prefer 2-5 days of use and charging. This is for any device I have ever had. This also includes the tank of all phones, the Nokia 5160.

Third is Dolby. Yes it is nice. 4 Day test -20% battery over 7 hours of use average. This is why I don't use it unless I am in the car plugged into the car charger or wall charger. This is only true when using Dolby. Battery drain from stock music app with Dolby off to Poweramp (what I use) appear to be the same me.

Forth is SYNC. I don't know how many people use it but I saw between 10%-25% battery drop over 16 hours with it on. The reason for the swing is Cell Data vs WiFi. Wifi uses more because it updates more. The update frequency seems to be every 15 mins on WiFi vs ever hour on Cell Data. This battery drop was not seen by me in MM. I grabbed one of my other phones that is on Nougat and it has the same issue. So that is not a phone issues. That is a Nougat issues.

Fifth, now this one caught me a little weird. The power saver that everyone hates it seems like. Turn your power saver to Performance. Run it like that for 2-6 hours. If yours worked like mine. You will see no change in battery life during this time. Then switch it back to Smart power-save. And now watch your battery life increase. This one I cannot confirm on MM. But my battery increased by 25% by doing this.

Sixth and this one is important, Clear All Apps. Yes they load slower when you clear them out. But apps like Snapchat, Facebook, basically any social media, camera, are going to eat battery. This is known by many but often forgotten. I forget to clear all still. See if it helps you.

Seven, ZTE Locker, It is fun to play with but will drain fast the moment you get on WiFi. It will look for all the lockscreen wallpapers.

Now these are what I found out with the way that I use my A7. I know everyone uses their phone differently. What I call "All Day Battery Life" is 6 am to 10 pm. During this stretch of time I could be using my phone up to 13 hours of that. Very few phones can last on a single charge the way I use my phone. A7 is one that beats out the rest. My battery life went from 13% at 10pm to 39% at 10 pm. And it continues to get better everyday. Also this my be a joke but it worked for a Moto G4 and at OP3T. If you have a day where your battery just seems to fall fast. I mean like you are not going to get 6 hours out of it. Find a 5v 2 amp charger and plug in for like 10 mins. Battery fall goes away. It cannot be the factory quick charger either. I hope this little bit helps some of you guys out.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone