• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nougat Boot animation

Search This thread

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Pulled this from DP4. Not sure if this will be the official bootanimation they go with but for now that's all I got to go on. This is not a flashable zip. So you'll need to copy and paste with a root browser apk to the appropriate location.
For those of you who don't know its in::::
system/media
1.----just rename the one that's there by adding " .BBB" all that does is make it unrecognizable by the system so it doesn't use it but if something goes wrong or you just want to change back its there to rename back to the original name.
2.----copy and paste this zip file from wherever you downloaded it, to system/media
3.----change permissions to rw-r--r--
4.----click the thanks button here.
5.----click your buddies thanks button. No not his,,,,hers.
6.----reboot and stare in amazement. Or however you slow motion stare at something.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OabWtEBQcpaDE5ZnJDUFZpcjg/view?usp=drivesdk

Disclaimer: this is not my work. I pulled from DP4 and uploaded and sharing with the community. I'm not responsible for your actions. Enjoy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

asj0422

Jul 5, 2015
I'm running DP4 on my N6P as well, but when I boot it's just the regular MM boot animation - from where in DP4 did you get the file? Any ideas why I'm not seeing it on mine?
Thanks!

asj0422

Jul 5, 2015
This is a repeat of this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3384553

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I thought this looked a little fishy haha

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

It's not a boot animation, it's the new updating system animation to replace the old Android.

So basically if you're rooted you won't ever see it since you have to update via fastbooting factory images anyway.

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
alphaminimal.ddns.info
I thought this looked a little fishy haha

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

So basically if you're rooted you won't ever see it since you have to update via fastbooting factory images anyway.
Somewhat, yes. You can be rooted and still have stock recovery(why, I'll never know)

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
alphaminimal.ddns.info
Can't you still take an OTA if you hide root and flash stock recovery?

All it requires is stock recovery, other devices may need removal of root

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Really? That's awesome. This is my first Nexus so I wasn't aware of that.

You welcome :) Google doesn't mind this stuff, unless it fully. They allow bootloader unlock and a bit of root. Check their support.

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
Can anyone tell me why I can't change permissions of the bootanimation.zip? I've used other boot logos on other devices and know how to change permissions but it won't let me do it here. Thanks

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Feel embarrassed to ask but... How does one download this file on mobile? When I open the link it displays the file name, if I click the download icon it offers to open with Google Drive, and then immediately with ES Zip Explorer or FX.

jbisit420

Jul 4, 2016
Chrome

Feel embarrassed to ask but... How does one download this file on mobile? When I open the link it displays the file name, if I click the download icon it offers to open with Google Drive, and then immediately with ES Zip Explorer or FX.

When I tap the download link in chrome it asks if I want to open with drive or with chrome. I choose chrome and bam, it's in my download folder.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pulled this from DP4. Not sure if this will be the official bootanimation they go with but for now that's all I got to go on. This is not a flashable zip. So you'll need to copy and paste with a root browser apk to the appropriate location.
    For those of you who don't know its in::::
    system/media
    1.----just rename the one that's there by adding " .BBB" all that does is make it unrecognizable by the system so it doesn't use it but if something goes wrong or you just want to change back its there to rename back to the original name.
    2.----copy and paste this zip file from wherever you downloaded it, to system/media
    3.----change permissions to rw-r--r--
    4.----click the thanks button here.
    5.----click your buddies thanks button. No not his,,,,hers.
    6.----reboot and stare in amazement. Or however you slow motion stare at something.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OabWtEBQcpaDE5ZnJDUFZpcjg/view?usp=drivesdk

Disclaimer: this is not my work. I pulled from DP4 and uploaded and sharing with the community. I'm not responsible for your actions. Enjoy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
    @mattwheat someone made a video on the installation process using your guide: https://youtu.be/TSYa2C9aldc

Can't you still take an OTA if you hide root and flash stock recovery?

All it requires is stock recovery, other devices may need removal of root