Nougat issues.

Search This thread

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
So as far as the update goes I really do like it. However I am having a couple issues. Wifi calling will no longer connect for starters. Also when I open messaging and then open a conversation there's like a 2 sec pause before the conversation actually opens. Anyone else having these issues? I'm wondering if I should just do a hard reset and start from scratch. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my LGLS992 using XDA Free mobile app

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
No wifi calling for me after enabled for a few minutes from a fresh reboot. Get a can't connect wifi calling to the network message, but if I reboot It works right after for a few again.

Reactions: t4d73

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
I have neither issue, and I use WiFi calling on many different networks, you should call Sprint and have then reset your WiFi calling. On the messaging, try a different app, such as Textra. I notice a lil more battery drain, but that will prolly change after 7 soaks in for a few days.

sent from my LG G5

geeksmurf

Nov 9, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Are you guys with WiFi calling issues using any ad blocking software. As that seems to be likely what is causing my issues with WiFi calling. Adguard disabled it will work all day just fine.

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Are you guys with WiFi calling issues using any ad blocking software. As that seems to be likely what is causing my issues with WiFi calling. Adguard disabled it will work all day just fine.

Wow thanks. I use adguard and once I disabled it it worked right away. I did enable it again right after so we'll see if it holds.

geeksmurf

Nov 9, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Wow thanks. I use adguard and once I disabled it it worked right away. I did enable it again right after so we'll see if it holds.

It likely will not, or doesn't for me. I'd go without it for a while and make sure WiFi calling is fine. (make a few calls and such) then later fill a report from within the app feedback. They will likely get back to you asking to change the logging level to everything and reproduce the problem. so maybe do that from the start. The more reports the better chance it gets fixed.

domoarigato

Jan 23, 2010
So as far as the update goes I really do like it. However I am having a couple issues. Wifi calling will no longer connect for starters. Also when I open messaging and then open a conversation there's like a 2 sec pause before the conversation actually opens. Anyone else having these issues? I'm wondering if I should just do a hard reset and start from scratch. Thanks for any help.

Have you found a solution to the delayed opening of conversations? Mine is doing the same thing, I've done a hard reset and it does it still :(

uzzy34

Dec 8, 2016
NEED URGENT HELP

I updted my LG G5 sprint to Nougat and since then the LG IMS stopped error has been popping every sec....
is anyone having this issue and how to fix it

BigBigL

Jun 14, 2017
LG G5 Text Message Issues since Adroid 7.0 Nougat Update

The problem with not receiving text messages reliably on an LG phone running Android 7.0 Nougat is related to the text messaging app that LG created and loaded onto our phones as the default messaging app. I reported this issue to LG about a month ago after extensive testing and I've confirmed that many 3rd party messaging apps will work reliably. For instance and app like Textra will work reliably and offers much more functionality than the built in LG app.

I even went as far as to provided my testing details then send my phone in for warranty repair so that LG could have a closer look and work towards a resolution but all LG did was factory reset my phone and said that the phone worked fine. When I got it back I tested again and the issue remained. I firmly believe LG has no idea how to resolve this software issue and is ignoring it at this point and basically screwing their customers over. Luckily the solution is to ditch the LG messaging app and use any 3rd party messaging app instead.....but I would encourage anyone having this issue to hold LG to task and report it to them as this issue is a direct result of a poorly written application they created.

This is my first LG and it will be my last....never again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im def not having either of those issues...7.0 so far for me is flawless

Sent from my LGLS992 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    No wifi calling for me after enabled for a few minutes from a fresh reboot. Get a can't connect wifi calling to the network message, but if I reboot It works right after for a few again.
    I have neither issue, and I use WiFi calling on many different networks, you should call Sprint and have then reset your WiFi calling. On the messaging, try a different app, such as Textra. I notice a lil more battery drain, but that will prolly change after 7 soaks in for a few days.

sent from my LG G5
    WiFi Calling is now working when using Adguard when using build 2.8.71