[Nougat] OmniROM [Unofficial] [7.1.2] [D6603/53/33] Z3 (Leo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
https%3A%2F%2Favatars2.githubusercontent.com%2Fu%2F5341305%3Fv%3D3%26s%3D200

Brought to you by @nailyk!

Notice: Thread missing information/ credits/ mentions/ stuff etc etc. Work in progress.

All credit for this ROM must go to Nailyk as the main developer of Omni for Leo devices. I am just a tester / thread maintainer for Leo (Z3).

Disclaimer:

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Who can use it?:

This ROM is only for Xperia Z3 users with UNLOCKED and (preferably) UPGRADED bootloaders!

How to install:

%= Only needed at first flash
% Update ROM to .291 with emma (or Flashtools)
% When install is done go into fastboot mode (plug usb + vol down key = blue led)
% Flash this TWRP (version 3.1.x)
Shutdown the device
Unplug the usb cable
Maintain volume down & power until you see twrp splash screen / wait for purple LED on boot and press volume up key
% Wipe system, cache and data
Install rom zip (+ % gapps if you need it)
Reboot
(After first boot if you have initial issues try a second reboot and see if it stops. If not, clean install)

Rolling back to stock:

- Flash stock rom with emma or flashtool
If you flash with flashtool remember to check wipe apps_log and userdata partitions to get a clean install

TWRP:

See Nailyk's TWRP build here for best compatibility (based on Omni sources):

TWRP 3.1.x-x

GAPPS:

Flash any 7.1.2 compatible Gapps package. I suggest OpenGapps.

Alternatively Microg and fdroid will serve you well as an alternative to Google Play Services.

Releases:

Latest:

2017-12-13: Android File Host Download

Mirror: releases.nailyk.fr/omnirom

Change Log: CVE Patches

TWRP 2017-11-21: Android File Host Download

Previous:

2017-12-02: Android File Host Download

Change Log: Fixed scripts for modem files at first boot. No issues with SIM detection, manual script running etc now.

2017-11-21: Android File Host Download

Change Log: Updated Security Patches to latest. No change to ROM.

2017-10-17: Android File Host Download

Change Log:
Code:
Lot of important changes here, 
- Device was renamed z3 instead of leo, 
- This release ""should"" support all leo variants. However, the script is on early stages: expect troubles. 

In case of problem with RIL process the following:
Reboot into recovery,
connect to shell then:
Code:
mount /system
ln -s /system/vendor/etc /vendor/etc
sh /system/etc/init.blobs.sh

This build is patched against wpasupplicant attack (krackattack)
Some improvements about external sdcard & charging.

2017-09-28: Android File Host Download

MD5 Sum: b431c2c720be4a4dfd365a8343ca8115462a3393

Root etc:

For root it is suggested that you see phhSuperUser here: phhSuperUser Thread

Flash options such as Magisk or SuperSU if you wish, but there is not guarantee of support. Magisk 14.0 was tested by myself and working at first release.

Contributors:
@nailyk,
@xkeita, @tomascus, @derf elot, @TheavenginTitan
@tomgus1, @gr8st, @mcgi5sr2, @doriandiaconu, @Robot76, @panzerox123
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: OmniROM

Version Information:

Last edited:

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Logs:

This post will describe how to take logs.
If you are using the ROM and want to make development faster/ easier please simply take a log and post it here in the thread for us to check out.
Take logs when you notice bugs etc and try to reproduce them when taking the log and give us some description of the problem.

First you will need ADB:

Set up any adb environment on you PC (showing windows here for eg.- Linux/ Mac differs):
- For windows a minimal installation will be enough to take logs and takes 15 seconds.
15 second ADB Installer

Then open the folder it is installed to so you see "adb.exe" (obviously different on Linux/Mac).
Open and CMD window in the folder with adb and you can connect your phone.

Enable USB Debugging on the phone!:

Go to Settings - About Phone - Build Number (tap this until Developer options unlocks)
Go to Developer Options and enable "USB Debugging".

Now take the actual logs running adb logcat:

- Back to the PC CMD window.
- When you run the command a window will pop up on the phone asking for access. Say yes.
- Run the command - " adb logcat > logcat.txt "
- This will give you a text file with the log to post to us.

If possible take a dmseg /kmsg:

This is most useful for bootloops etc
You may need root on the device to access these:

- " adb shell su -c dmesg > dmesg.log "

- " adb shell su -c "cat /proc/last_kmsg" > last_kmsg.log "

Last edited:
Reactions: nailyk

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Screenshots

Screenshots thanks to @Tux111. Find some of his comments and hit thanks for him!

Full showcase of screenshots here: MEGA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171002-195155.jpg
    Screenshot_20171002-195155.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 5,133
  • Screenshot_20171002-195206.png
    Screenshot_20171002-195206.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 5,119
  • Screenshot_20171002-195219.png
    Screenshot_20171002-195219.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 5,050
  • Screenshot_20171002-195231.png
    Screenshot_20171002-195231.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 4,675
Last edited:

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
I'm gonna get the info on the changes and features etc at some point later this week.
For now all I know is the build is beta but working very well. You all know Nailyk has a very high standard of work.

The current version I have installed is working as normal and since this morning (when I installed) I've seen no issues.

If you have some time it's worth checking out.

For features etc see the Omni ROM website

I'm gonna get the info on the changes and features etc at some point later this week.
For now all I know is the build is beta but working very well. You all know Nailyk has a very high standard of work.

The current version I have installed is working as normal and since this morning (when I installed) I've seen no issues.

If you have some time it's worth checking out.

For features etc see the Omni ROM website

Mobile Data don't work. Every time i try to set APN, it automatically disappear. No way to make SIM data work.
The rest of the ROM is kinda awesome, some little bugs but really nicely done. Ah, message app miss. Add it please.

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Mobile Data don't work. Every time i try to set APN, it automatically disappear. No way to make SIM data work.
The rest of the ROM is kinda awesome, some little bugs but really nicely done. Ah, message app miss. Add it please.
Please provide full rom log, dmesg & radio log.
What variant? This rom is not dual ready yet.

Reactions: tiliarou and Dobsgw
Please provide full rom log, dmesg & radio log.
What variant? This rom is not dual ready yet.
I figured out mobile data work. But there is a bug, inside APN configuration, that automatically delete the APN created if you modify a string inside and after save it.
This time i simply used default APN settings, without modifying anything a part APN "Name" and "APN" and it works.
Here there is the logcat of the bug (over 1 mb can't upload here).
https://mega.nz/#!YAUXUSaA!3w6IWURIGvsHU-Cm9IkFStOsmyj67Sxvt9tbqqD2mG8

Last edited:

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
I figured out mobile data work. But there is a bug, inside APN configuration, that automatically delete the APN created if you modify a string inside and after save it.
This time i simply used default APN settings, without modifying anything a part APN "Name" and "APN" and it works.
Here there is the logcat of the bug (over 1 mb can't uploader here).
https://mega.nz/#!YAUXUSaA!3w6IWURIGvsHU-Cm9IkFStOsmyj67Sxvt9tbqqD2mG8

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.
Hopefully not a big issue :)

Reactions: Tux111

leo31

Nov 30, 2012
Tokyo
my BL is unable to get unlocked. but im now on .291 rom and rooted and twrp installed. is there nothing i can do to taste the full working nougat?
what will happen if i flash it onto my device (in this case, the BL is still locked. bootloader unlock allowed : no )
thanks.

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
my BL is unable to get unlocked. but im now on .291 rom and rooted and twrp installed. is there nothing i can do to taste the full working nougat?
what will happen if i flash it onto my device (in this case, the BL is still locked. bootloader unlock allowed : no )
thanks.
You will have a brick.
Nothing you can do when unlock allowed:no.
The only thing is to contact sony, it is illegal (in some countries) to have an unlockable bootloader.

Reactions: Dobsgw

perobot

Dec 14, 2014
Guayaquil
The images and most of the files do not use the sd card and when you want to pass applications to the system it does not allow attachment screenshot. :(
You could also add the option to expand the desktop and resize the navigation bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the end

This is the end for this thread
    I saw some comments coming about stable/alpha/beta releases. This is not (totaly) my choice. OmniRom is not big enough to maintain more than one release at a time. Do not forget everyone is doing this on his spare time. So as oreo as been released, they mostly are working on it.
    We ported the device to oreo and it is working really well, so am going there now.

No idea if upgrade will work but I highly recommend to factory reset especially because encryption header cannot be upgraded.
    Also a lot of changes have been made by the contributors to make camera oreo compatible, and it will probably not survive an upgrade.

OmniRom Oreo is supposed to be an 'unified' rom. This mean the same zip/twrp apply for all z3 variants.

Hope you will enjoy it, as you have enjoyed Nougat, as we spent countless hours on it.

Many thanks to @Diewi , @rcstar6696 , @tomascus , @xkeita , @oshmoun , @maxwen , @derf elot , @klemm , @Dobsgw , @devil188 , @d3rive , @TheAvengingTITAN , @AdrianDC and everyone else I forgot, to make this possible. (They almost all have a donate button, feel free to send some beers for the efforts ;) )
    And also thanks to you for using it, supporting us, and contributions :)
    https%3A%2F%2Favatars2.githubusercontent.com%2Fu%2F5341305%3Fv%3D3%26s%3D200

Brought to you by @nailyk!

Notice: Thread missing information/ credits/ mentions/ stuff etc etc. Work in progress.

All credit for this ROM must go to Nailyk as the main developer of Omni for Leo devices. I am just a tester / thread maintainer for Leo (Z3).

Disclaimer:

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Who can use it?:

This ROM is only for Xperia Z3 users with UNLOCKED and (preferably) UPGRADED bootloaders!

How to install:

%= Only needed at first flash
    % Update ROM to .291 with emma (or Flashtools)
    % When install is done go into fastboot mode (plug usb + vol down key = blue led)
    % Flash this TWRP (version 3.1.x)
    Shutdown the device
    Unplug the usb cable
    Maintain volume down & power until you see twrp splash screen / wait for purple LED on boot and press volume up key
    % Wipe system, cache and data
    Install rom zip (+ % gapps if you need it)
    Reboot
    (After first boot if you have initial issues try a second reboot and see if it stops. If not, clean install)

Rolling back to stock:

- Flash stock rom with emma or flashtool
    If you flash with flashtool remember to check wipe apps_log and userdata partitions to get a clean install

TWRP:

See Nailyk's TWRP build here for best compatibility (based on Omni sources):

TWRP 3.1.x-x

GAPPS:

Flash any 7.1.2 compatible Gapps package. I suggest OpenGapps.

Alternatively Microg and fdroid will serve you well as an alternative to Google Play Services.

Releases:

Latest:

2017-12-13: Android File Host Download

Mirror: releases.nailyk.fr/omnirom

Change Log: CVE Patches

TWRP 2017-11-21: Android File Host Download

Previous:

2017-12-02: Android File Host Download

Change Log: Fixed scripts for modem files at first boot. No issues with SIM detection, manual script running etc now.

2017-11-21: Android File Host Download

Change Log: Updated Security Patches to latest. No change to ROM.

2017-10-17: Android File Host Download

Change Log:
    Code:
    Lot of important changes here, 
    - Device was renamed z3 instead of leo, 
    - This release ""should"" support all leo variants. However, the script is on early stages: expect troubles. 

In case of problem with RIL process the following:
    Reboot into recovery,
    connect to shell then:
    Code:
    mount /system
    ln -s /system/vendor/etc /vendor/etc
    sh /system/etc/init.blobs.sh

This build is patched against wpasupplicant attack (krackattack)
    Some improvements about external sdcard & charging.

2017-09-28: Android File Host Download

MD5 Sum: b431c2c720be4a4dfd365a8343ca8115462a3393

Root etc:

For root it is suggested that you see phhSuperUser here: phhSuperUser Thread

Flash options such as Magisk or SuperSU if you wish, but there is not guarantee of support. Magisk 14.0 was tested by myself and working at first release.

Contributors:
    @nailyk,
    @xkeita, @tomascus, @derf elot, @TheavenginTitan
    @tomgus1, @gr8st, @mcgi5sr2, @doriandiaconu, @Robot76, @panzerox123
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: OmniROM

Version Information:
    Oreo news

Some heads-up:

This week-end, @rcstar6696 @Diewi and @xkeita (yes himself!) worked hard on our device. As usual we need some more cleanups but Oreo start to look usable.
    Cannot take the screenshot with the rear camera as it is borken on that device but BT & camera are working, ril, wifi, display too.
    Also need to rework the dual/single script as it wont be supported on official OmniRom the way it is actually.
    Hi !
    As promised am not forgetting you @z3user @okij @mciesi @tiliarou @MichaBit @@Derfelot @@glowaaa @@davze @@Br4no !
    Maybe you already know but here is the new project am working on, it would not have been possible without your generosity.
    Goal was not to leave lineage team, but propose as many flavors as possible for our device :)

This rom is not dual compatible yet, but we are working on it. We are also working on O, hard project, but will not give up that fast ;)

Thanks again!
    Does it mean we get omni Oreo in a day or two ;)

That's very optimistic, but soon if things go right.
    Oreo is early stages and Nougat is the stable ROM really.
    Nailyk will get Oreo out as soon as it's ready.
    It's only in the last few days that it's really gotten anywhere near usable and there are A LOT of people working on it behind the scenes / other ROM branches etc

They do what Sony cannot for Z3