• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Nougat] Resurection Remix 5.8.4 z3dual [UNOFFICIAL] [7.1.2] [Z3][Dual] [30/Aug/17]

Did you like the ROM ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Muhammad Ashraf

Jan 23, 2014
resurrection-remix-rom-banner.jpg

In the name of God the most gracious, the most merciful

What it is
Resurrection Remix is built from official RR sources devices trees and fresh caf 3.4 kernel port. This rom is pretty much stable and has tons of tweaks that let you take the full advantage of the device, the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Disclaimer
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Who can use it
It's only for Z3 DUAL users with UNLOCKED UPGRADED BOOTLOADER (Devices on 23.5.A.1.291 release)

How to install (the same like here):

First time install:
  1. Make sure your rom is on 23.5.A.1.291 (Marshmallow release)
  2. Power of the device and go into fastboot mode (plug usb + vol down key = blue led)
  3. Flash latest TWRP version | If you are a Dual user, flash zip below before installing Dual version. / Also, if you already have a working TWRP (kernel/adv kernel) you can use the flashable zips below instead.
  4. Shutdown the device
  5. Maintain volume down & power until you see twrp splash screen
  6. Wipe system, dalvik/cache and data
  7. Install rom zip (+ gapps if you need it)
  8. Reboot

Gapps: I prefer opengapps

TWRP Recovery for Z3dual:

you have to flash this before flashing the rom in order to be able to flash
it because it is specified for the recoveries of z3dual only

thanks to:
@nailyk @xkeita for building the recovery

Recovery download link: here
Original post : here
Old post : here

ROM download links are in the next post

For z3 single sim rom follow the link thanks to @aclegg2011

Issues:
  1. I advise to disable microphone permission for google app because it blocks microphone in calls for me
  2. Brightness has weird behaviour (sometimes perfect sometimes the screen is likely off when the brightness is zero, I advise disabling auto brihtness)
  3. Slow charging (maybe solved in the latest release)
  4. sometimes overheats
  5. Anything I forgot to mention, tell me at the comments

Don't forget to hit thanks button and donate if you want :)

IMPORTANT: I AM THE BUILDER OF THE ROM ONLY, ALL THE WORK WAS MAINLY MADE BY RR TEAM AND @nailyk @xkeita @tomascus
Sources:
mainfest file --> thanks to @nailyk
RR source

Credits:
@nailyk
@xkeita
@tomascus
RR team
Lineage OS team
Sony-Stock-CM team
sonyxperiadev team

Everyone I forgot to mention :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[Nougat] [z3dual] Resurection Remix 5.8.3, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
Muhammad Ashraf, nailyk , xkeita
Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
Based On: Resurrection Remix

Version Information

Created 2017-07-02
Last Updated 2017-08-30

Last edited:

Muhammad Ashraf

Jan 23, 2014
Reserved

Releases (All uploaded to mega):

1. 20170701 (First release)
2.20170703 (Second release)
3.20170708 (third release)
4. 20170829 (fourth release)

Z3 (single sim) --> due to the links removed of the z3's rr post
1. 20170830

Changelog:
1. initial release

2. the second release: removed magisk root (rootless rom) + built from official device tree ()

3. the third release: re-added magisk root

4. The fourth release apparently fixes the discharging while on charger problem but needs confirmation from others

Last edited:

amrmero202023

Feb 3, 2017
screen show me in black when i low the screen light whyyyyyyy ????????

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

and camera not fixed

Muhammad Ashraf

Jan 23, 2014
screen show me in black when i low the screen light whyyyyyyy ????????

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

and camera not fixed

for camera you have to restart the phone after the first camera open, then it will work perfectly (after installation, open camera, it'll show black screen, restart, open again, works :) )

for the brightness it is related to the rom maker (RR) i think

Paha155

Jul 16, 2016
The phone is heated very hot with active use. What causes the brightness to fall and it becomes hard to see what's on the screen, what can you do about it?
In general, the build is very good, no problems, thanks a lot for the work done, this is the best firmware of all that I've seen!
Will elitkernel on this firmware? And it's a pity that they removed magisk in the second release, in the first release of Android Pay works! Now have to do extra moves to install magisk ...

Last edited:

Muhammad Ashraf

Jan 23, 2014
The phone is heated very hot with active use. What causes the brightness to fall and it becomes hard to see what's on the screen, what can you do about it?
In general, the build is very good, no problems, thanks a lot for the work done, this is the best firmware of all that I've seen!
Will elitkernel on this firmware? And it's a pity that they removed magisk in the second release, in the first release of Android Pay works! Now have to do extra moves to install magisk ...

Actually there are currently 3 main issues that I see
1. Slow charging
2.Display brightness is weird, sometimes works correctly and sometimes it falls black when you lessen the brightness, so I don't advise to turn auto brightness on
3.Overheating sometimes, maybe the cause is the high processor usage when I see

Any other issues please let me know :)

I am the one who removed magisk I thought that supersu is better, next build will include magisk God willing :)

For elite kernel I haven't tested it, give a feedback ;)

ilqar.ehlimanov

Jan 20, 2017
The brightness is working well, overheating seems to have been solved too... Good work! Thanks!!View attachment 4207662

Enviado de meu Xperia Z3 Dual usando Tapatalk
hello my friend instagram whatsApp normal warming?
There were 55.58 cup in the past How much is the new update ? I'm using now slimm 3.8 The maximum heating is 49.52 and this is the best But why the new exiting the rom android 7.1.2 are warming up Even at normal speed 55 sometimes 60 or more If.You have a maximum of 52 cup It would be great

Last edited:
Reactions: Muhammad Ashraf

lrcrlu7

Dec 9, 2014
Cuiabá
hello my friend instagram whatsApp normal warming?
There were 55.58 cup in the past How much is the new update ? I'm using now slimm 3.8 The maximum heating is 49.52 and this is the best But why the new exiting the rom android 7.1.2 are warming up Even at normal speed 55 sometimes 60 or more If you have a maximum of 52 cup It would be great

The maximum temperature I got browsing on facebook, whatsapp and instagram was approximately 34 to 36 °C;
-There was overheating in the camera and in playing games, nothing out of the ordinary ranged from 37 to 40,5 ºC moderate use of the camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    resurrection-remix-rom-banner.jpg

In the name of God the most gracious, the most merciful

What it is
    Resurrection Remix is built from official RR sources devices trees and fresh caf 3.4 kernel port. This rom is pretty much stable and has tons of tweaks that let you take the full advantage of the device, the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Who can use it
    It's only for Z3 DUAL users with UNLOCKED UPGRADED BOOTLOADER (Devices on 23.5.A.1.291 release)

How to install (the same like here):

First time install:
    1. Make sure your rom is on 23.5.A.1.291 (Marshmallow release)
    2. Power of the device and go into fastboot mode (plug usb + vol down key = blue led)
    3. Flash latest TWRP version | If you are a Dual user, flash zip below before installing Dual version. / Also, if you already have a working TWRP (kernel/adv kernel) you can use the flashable zips below instead.
    4. Shutdown the device
    5. Maintain volume down & power until you see twrp splash screen
    6. Wipe system, dalvik/cache and data
    7. Install rom zip (+ gapps if you need it)
    8. Reboot

Gapps: I prefer opengapps

TWRP Recovery for Z3dual:

you have to flash this before flashing the rom in order to be able to flash
    it because it is specified for the recoveries of z3dual only

thanks to:
    @nailyk @xkeita for building the recovery

Recovery download link: here
    Original post : here
    Old post : here

ROM download links are in the next post

For z3 single sim rom follow the link thanks to @aclegg2011

Issues:
    1. I advise to disable microphone permission for google app because it blocks microphone in calls for me
    2. Brightness has weird behaviour (sometimes perfect sometimes the screen is likely off when the brightness is zero, I advise disabling auto brihtness)
    3. Slow charging (maybe solved in the latest release)
    4. sometimes overheats
    5. Anything I forgot to mention, tell me at the comments

Don't forget to hit thanks button and donate if you want :)

IMPORTANT: I AM THE BUILDER OF THE ROM ONLY, ALL THE WORK WAS MAINLY MADE BY RR TEAM AND @nailyk @xkeita @tomascus
    Sources:
    mainfest file --> thanks to @nailyk
    RR source

Credits:
    @nailyk
    @xkeita
    @tomascus
    RR team
    Lineage OS team
    Sony-Stock-CM team
    sonyxperiadev team

Everyone I forgot to mention :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Nougat] [z3dual] Resurection Remix 5.8.3, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
    Muhammad Ashraf, nailyk , xkeita
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: Resurrection Remix

Version Information

Created 2017-07-02
    Last Updated 2017-08-30
    Reserved

Releases (All uploaded to mega):

1. 20170701 (First release)
    2.20170703 (Second release)
    3.20170708 (third release)
    4. 20170829 (fourth release)

Z3 (single sim) --> due to the links removed of the z3's rr post
    1. 20170830

Changelog:
    1. initial release

2. the second release: removed magisk root (rootless rom) + built from official device tree ()

3. the third release: re-added magisk root

4. The fourth release apparently fixes the discharging while on charger problem but needs confirmation from others
    Reuploaded build for Z3 single SIM on AFH.COM - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120758916. Thanks @Muhammad Ashraf for building this ROM
    My apologies for all of you, I couldn't build any update in the previous period due to the very weak, expensive internet in my region I have moved to, and also the University is taking most of my time, so please escuse me that I maybe will not be able to build another during the month, thanks for understanding :)
    My apologies

Take your time Muhammad, just remember that there are a lot of people here that simply love this ROM (like me), hope you will be free soon!;)

thanks alot for these nice words :)

Battery lost quickly when i installed rom but i used Forcedoze battery stand until one day and 6-7 hours screen on
    Thanks for your effort

Great!!, thanks for sharing this info :)

I installed the ROM after wiping. But it stucked at the boot animation. I tried to do the same things several times but no change. Anyone had the same problem before? Or anyone have an idea about it? Btw its Z3 single sim.

first boot usually takes about 15 minutes specially after installing GAPPS

Slow charging issue is still present, and LTE signal is very weak (105), can you please give an approximate date of when are you going to update this rom?

How to disable not used simcard - in my case number 2 without removing from slot ?

z3dual

i don't know how to install it in my phone.. can you share ?
    thanks a lot

Is this version more stable than 5.8.5? I'm on purex and my device needs some fresh air

Hello, anybody else having troubles with gapps? The rom works great, but when I flash gapps it starts crashing all the time.

I am so sorry to all of you waiting a new release or asking about the rom, I had a trouble that my phone has been stolen about month ago :(, and I am sorry that I won't be able to test or build new version until the phone is back, if I couldn't get the phone back, so, I am sorry that I won't be able to do anything, accept my apologies :rolleyes: