【Nougat!!!】Successfully flashed Twrp and rooted my VIE-AL10 in

Search This thread

VannicLY

Sep 9, 2016
?Nougat!!!?Successfully flashed Twrp and rooted my VIE-AL10 in

Hello everyone !
I'm a normal user of P9plus(AL10) and using the EMUI5.0 (Android 7.0)
Firstly I am looking forward to getting matchable TWRP here but failed , so I turned to other forums and get up the nerve to use TWRP for the Honor 8 . Yes,it works ! and then,i rooted my AL-10 !:D

Here is the thread

https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/how-to/twrp-nougat-edition-t3504140

I didn't patch boot because I was afraid that would made my phone goes bad .As a result,my root is not complete.

By the way ,the new TWRP 3.0.3 for Honor 8 by the same person doesn't work on our P9plus ,I have tried it:crying:

I hope that there would have official/unofficial TWRP correctly for P9plus!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: jvelasco

ndiri

Apr 14, 2015
how do we flash??? i couldnt see any post on how to flash them, rather just what to download and no instructions

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Give us your side of the process, how you managed to get it working, and what is working and what is not please

Steve2016

Jun 12, 2016
how do we flash??? i couldnt see any post on how to flash them, rather just what to download and no instructions

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Give us your side of the process, how you managed to get it working, and what is working and what is not please

I just flashed it in fastboot

VannicLY

Sep 9, 2016

Unblock the bootloader as we do in EMUI 4.X , then flash TWRP with adb or other tools , there are so many guides in XDA or other websites.Then we could boot into recovery and flash superuser to root our device.
All we do it as before , except the different recovery.i mg .

The unpleasant place is that the recovery can not mount /data , and we should mount /sdcard ourselves. The new update seems to repair this but we ,p9plus couldn't use it. :crying:

As I said before ,the root is not complete,sometimes I can't do chages to system files.

zhuanyi

Jan 19, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Good stuff! I see Titanium works and Greenify works under the root mode, Secure Settings is able to install the system module as well.

Just so that everyone is clear, the TWRP flash is here: https://mega.nz/#!foR2DTRa!XjXjOVl4ykYzm3iyBknwFkxugj9z8zxch3mU1O7F7GE, data and system partitions can't be mounted properly on this version of TWRP but at least you can boot into it.

And you have to use the phh's SuperSu: https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/wip-selinux-capable-superuser-t3216394, the regular Supersu doesn't work (lead to device reboot).

ndiri

Apr 14, 2015
Is anyone able to flash anything using the twrp though? This is the only thing that would seem to help me.

L

LastStandingDroid

Could u send me your stock recovery I can fix a fast unofficial port for N

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I can build a source build twrp later just need to fix some stuff

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Deviatorz

Oct 29, 2010
This is for P9 plus based on your 3.0.2

https://mega.nz/#!zhwgmR6C!lbJwglj7-e8pvxfvMuH32zIofzOFSyD5hpW8Qy-NRbw

Test it and share result

I tried to do a backup and I can't mount anything. I can check off /system in mount option but not /data. But once I do a backup with twrp it everything can't be mount (system, data, cache, etc)

do you still need the recovery image? i am not too sure how to adb pull from my device.... can't seem to find the file directory? any direction would be nice and ill copy it for you.... thanks

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

I tried to do a backup and I can't mount anything. I can check off /system in mount option but not /data. But once I do a backup with twrp it everything can't be mount (system, data, cache, etc)

do you still need the recovery image? i am not too sure how to adb pull from my device.... can't seem to find the file directory? any direction would be nice and ill copy it for you.... thanks
Hmm that's strange have u tried honor 8 version? What works and what doesn't?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ?Nougat!!!?Successfully flashed Twrp and rooted my VIE-AL10 in

Hello everyone !
    I'm a normal user of P9plus(AL10) and using the EMUI5.0 (Android 7.0)
    Firstly I am looking forward to getting matchable TWRP here but failed , so I turned to other forums and get up the nerve to use TWRP for the Honor 8 . Yes,it works ! and then,i rooted my AL-10 !:D

Here is the thread

https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/how-to/twrp-nougat-edition-t3504140

I didn't patch boot because I was afraid that would made my phone goes bad .As a result,my root is not complete.

By the way ,the new TWRP 3.0.3 for Honor 8 by the same person doesn't work on our P9plus ,I have tried it:crying:

I hope that there would have official/unofficial TWRP correctly for P9plus!:)
    Kangvip - thats the custom rom is )
    sure i do - i use only custom and only kang...
    native thread - on chinese couse.... - but its easy.... )))

356 rom for p9+ only - twrp flahing version

new twrp for Kang's N roms - use that twrp only! - old twrp can't see and can't mount of new N roms areas...

356-377 rom for P9/P9+ - thats latest rom i told about.... P9/P9+ combined... - u need unlocked boot and USB debug.mode enabled only - just click on the run.bat - over the 10 minutes u'll have the origin N5.0 rom with virgin /data + supersu + ksettings....
    (run.bat script making replacement boot.img to the encrypted and flash only /system over fastboot) - cust settings for p9 or p9+ or for any many other variouses - remain untouched on the native /data....
    partition....
    -im try and ext4 and f2fs... - both working good - but in any case... and how many links and other custom data (what chinesebros. hide in allover encrypted /userdata and other cuts of ROM // ) - im try to find and understand what needed for full working the ROM after flashing.....
    - almost! - but not.... - in any ends some ^%$#%^&^ glucks and bugs is *^#$^%# happends \
    - at now im tired and do as Kang always advise - flash ROM without any touch of /DATA... - it works! - but TWRP cant even save self settings.... - its sucks /
    &^#^%#*&%