Nougat testing starts for S7 Edge !!

Search This thread

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara
You could now find Galaxy S7 edge running Android 7.0 on Geekbench listings.
Get the list of such URLs here, and the screenshot.

Would Samsung be able to release the Nougat update before the end of this month?
Even if not, next month is a sure Nougat release month for our S7.

swiftfury

Apr 21, 2014
You could now find Galaxy S7 edge running Android 7.0 on Geekbench listings.
Get the list of such URLs here, and the screenshot.

Would Samsung be able to release the Nougat update before the end of this month?
Even if not, next month is a sure Nougat release month for our S7.
Eh, I wouldn't gold my breath for it, I wouldn't be surprised if it releases at the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

F

Faspaiso

Eh, I wouldn't gold my breath for it, I wouldn't be surprised if it releases at the end of the year.

No OEM have EVER released it less than 3 months before Nexus and Samsung is not known for being faster either. When did we get Marsmallow on last years flagships? Q1/Q2.. March, right?

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara

No OEM have EVER released it less than 3 months before Nexus and Samsung is not known for being faster either. When did we get Marsmallow on last years flagships? Q1/Q2.. March, right?

I really believe we could see way faster update this time around.
As the log article lays it out, some Samsung employee said the Note 7 Nougat update would come 2-3 months after its launch, and given that Galaxy S7 ad S7 Edge would get it before the Note 7, it should be due in October. And seeing them devices at Geekbench, I feel very positive.
This year, even a company like Huawei has a Nougat firmware leak for its P9, even before the Nougat OTA rolled out for Nexus devices. Google has definitely shared the Nougat code with major OEMs earlier than usual, I think.
HTC too has upped with game, promising updates for OneA9, OneM9 and HTC 10, before the end of this -- the special thing about the announcement being 'all carriers included' in the 31st December timeline.
So, I'm hoping Samsung is able enough!

What do you say?

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
I know Google has lately been both publicly and privately "shaming" and aggressively encouraging OEMs and carriers to speed up their update process. This relationship started with more timely security updates and from what I've read is translating over to faster system updates.

I believe unlocked versions will see 7.0 by mid October, and carrier versions by mid November.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I know Google has lately been both publicly and privately "shaming" and aggressively encouraging OEMs and carriers to speed up their update process. This relationship started with more timely security updates and from what I've read is translating over to faster system updates.

I believe unlocked versions will see 7.0 by mid October, and carrier versions by mid November.

My vote is on April after the 8's release.

Reactions: hotrodwinston

aegeuss

Jan 20, 2008
Ankara
Both the phones and android os have matured a lot these days; S7 edge with marshmallow on it is already near perfect; I myself don't get excited for the updates as often in the old days; have not even rooted this phone and Rom flashing is not something I'm doing a lot; so I prefer to wait for a polished nougat Rom instead of a rushed one.

Edit: For about ten years I've changed my phone every year as a power user, now for the first time I've been using this device for about five months and am quite happy about it; I'm not planning to change it until the end of twenty four months period if something with a big development does not come.

SM-G935F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last edited:
Reactions: ibrahimqureshae

ibrahimqureshae

Aug 31, 2016
Islamabad
Both the phones and android os have matured a lot these days; S7 edge with marshmallow on it is already near perfect; I myself don't get excited for the updates as often in the old days; have not even rooted this phone and Rom flashing is not something I'm doing a lot; so I prefer to wait for a polished nougat Rom instead of a rushed one.

Edit: For about ten years I've changed my phone every year as a power user, now for the first time I've been using this device for about five months and am quite happy about it; I'm not planning to change it until the end of twenty four months period if something with a big development does not come.

+1. Same story. It is perfect from every aspect from the previous flagships. No major flaws and nothing unusual about it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

madphone

Apr 21, 2011

LG put Lollipop and Marshmallow just days/ a few weeks after nexus on G3 and G4 last year/the year before. So it's possible but samsung won't do it cause they don't need to hurry. See what it did to the note 7 rushing it on the market just to be there a few weeks before apple...

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
Even if we get Nougat before the end of the year, it wouldn't surprise me if Samsung gave us 7.0 instead of the more timely 7.1 update.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My vote is on April after the 8's release.

Good hope it fixes the stupid android os drain. In back on the og firmware of my s7 edge APB5 as it gives best performance and battery life. Samsung better not f up android 7.0

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I hope they'll use the new Grace UI...!
    If Nougat fixes battery drain and battery life improves with new doze on movement plus new grace and aod improvements we could be near a perfect phone. Can't wait for the update, I hope we get 7.1 and not 7.0.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone