• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

Search This thread
Jan 30, 2015
We have much better architecture and technologies compared to others, and feel confident to come out as #1 Android emulator. We have a new OpenGL forwarding technology, called LeapGL, and a virtual fiber between android vm and the host machine, which results in ultra high performance. The benchmark scores we got from our vm is very close to native execution speed.

We have github account here, will release some source code.

https://github.com/leapdroid

You should have linked this thread for me, instead of just giving an external link to an emulator most people have never heard of yet.

ALSO... fair warning to anyone looking to download this current version.
It has no option on where to install it, it'll force itself into Program Files.
It make a ton of obscure registry entries that imo aren't needed.
Once installed it's very difficult to move to another directory and still keep working.
APK button does not install current APKs.
Driver and software is signed by unknown/not yet trusted developer.
It calls home directly when you uninstall it and sends who knows what, didn't have a network analyzer running when it did.
It does boot faster than any other emulator I've tried... but to the effect of it being user friendly and practically functional and following proper programming etiquette.... it's a fail.. currently.

Who knows.. maybe they're get their stuff together and fix all these basic issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: huisinro

OneDream

Aug 13, 2010
Is there a way to get the right, left arrow keys + home, end etc keys working like they do on the host within the emulator? One of the things that I like about the Memu emulator for example is that it can be used like a computer with key combinations like CTRL+C and CTRL+V being available.

Another thing that's worth mentioning is that when I try to copy a password from host to the LeapDroid VM, I'm unable to login, no matter which app it is. Supposedly, the password/username combination isn't correct. Why is that?

Last edited:

OneDream

Aug 13, 2010
One more thing that I've noticed is that I'm unable to change the screen orientation from landscape to portrait. I've tried several ways and several apps to get it done to no avail. Has anyone been able to do what I've been trying to achieve?

huisinro

You should have linked this thread for me, instead of just giving an external link to an emulator most people have never heard of yet.

ALSO... fair warning to anyone looking to download this current version.
It has no option on where to install it, it'll force itself into Program Files.
It make a ton of obscure registry entries that imo aren't needed.
Once installed it's very difficult to move to another directory and still keep working.
APK button does not install current APKs.
Driver and software is signed by unknown/not yet trusted developer.
It calls home directly when you uninstall it and sends who knows what, didn't have a network analyzer running when it did.
It does boot faster than any other emulator I've tried... but to the effect of it being user friendly and practically functional and following proper programming etiquette.... it's a fail.. currently.

Who knows.. maybe they're get their stuff together and fix all these basic issues.
Thanks for testing Leapdroid.

About registry keys, we don't add any more entries than VirtualBox. All other vbox based emulators have the same entries, it is just that they don't even know how to build vbox, so they use a very old unmodified vbox, thus their registry keys aye created vbox, and same to drivers, since they use original vbox drivers, so no need to resign. We modified vbox, s we have to use our company signature to sign.

In short, we do NOT add additional keys than vbox.

Believe or not, no one knows better on android emulators than I do. We will kill all other emulators over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: I900-Nutzer

Ealireza

Nov 29, 2010
a problem killed me .
if i resize window ... leapdroid crash .
for some game navigate button hidden in bottom ... and need to swipe up

if you swipe up suddenly you click on window border and resize it.
please fix it

wilson409

Feb 13, 2016
help

Help! I got a white screen when i started the pokemon go app, and i have no idea what is going on.
i.imgur.com/yteQdBc.png

other emulator worked fine except leapdroid, Thanks

Last edited:

Xariann

May 1, 2016
The emulator is excellent and I dropped Bluestacks in favour of this.

A couple of things:

1) A game (Warhammer 40K: Freeblade) won't download as it says it's not compatible with my device
2) Is this going to run Marshmallow

huisinro

thank you very much, waiting new version to play pokemon ^^

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Sorry i have more question :(, after install leapdroid i see on desktop 2 shortcut : Leapdroid VM1, and Leapdroid VM2 , its different ?
GPS support is now ready with version 1.3, static and dynamic GPS support.

You can now play Pokemon go

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2015
Thanks for testing Leapdroid.

About registry keys, we don't add any more entries than VirtualBox. All other vbox based emulators have the same entries, it is just that they don't even know how to build vbox, so they use a very old unmodified vbox, thus their registry keys aye created vbox, and same to drivers, since they use original vbox drivers, so no need to resign. We modified vbox, s we have to use our company signature to sign.

In short, we do NOT add additional keys than vbox.

Believe or not, no one knows better on android emulators than I do. We will kill all other emulators over time.

Well alright, double checking can see registry entries are similar. And ok on the driver.. but at the VERY least... make a custom install directory option on the installer.

Instructions how to move install folder for now would be nice, I've changed all registry key entries and used safe mode to boot without the hidden process or service running (couldn't find it attached to the driver but I know it's somewhere in memory) that keeps the vm driver active, even doing all that, your emu wont boot once location changed. So maybe you have internal or backup settings somewhere keeping it from being moved? Using personal folders for image storage also IMO is not a wise practice... most C drives now are SSD or in my case m.2 SSD for OS only, and most VM images and programs are loaded onto WD blacks. As to keep the OS drive more clean and less read/writes. While the major read/writes happen on traditional hard drives. Hence.. drives me nuts that I don't even have a VM console gui to boot up for your emu that allows me to change image locations. Or is there and I just missed it?

Last edited:

huisinro

gscope

Jul 24, 2016
this emulator is awesome ive tried alot of emulators but this one is the best ever great job
is it possible to customize WASD-keys and can you set left ctrl as a key pls would be awesome :)

Krimsonmyst

Oct 21, 2011
Brisbane
When I install and open it, it just sits on the 'Leapdroid' screen with the logo flashing.
Left it for a good 10-15 minutes and nothing happens. None of the home/power buttons work, and it doesn't respond when I tell it to install an APK.

Srn4J

OneDream

Aug 13, 2010
One more thing that I've noticed is that I'm unable to change the screen orientation from landscape to portrait. I've tried several ways and several apps to get it done to no avail. Has anyone been able to do what I've been trying to achieve?

Is there a way to get the right, left arrow keys + home, end etc keys working like they do on the host within the emulator? One of the things that I like about the Memu emulator for example is that it can be used like a computer with key combinations like CTRL+C and CTRL+V being available.

Another thing that's worth mentioning is that when I try to copy a password from host to the LeapDroid VM, I'm unable to login, no matter which app it is. Supposedly, the password/username combination isn't correct. Why is that?

Any comments by the creator(s) of this emulator on what I have posted above?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Nov-04-16, 4.4.4, v1.8.0] LeapDroid - Fastest Android Emulator & Game Player for PC

logo60.png
    #1 Android Emulator by Android Authority
    http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/
    Leapdroid Game Player is the Fastest Android Emulator and Virtual Machine in the world
    I am one of the first few guys that released Android vm back in 2010, and now funded by VC, we have put together a very strong team to further develop and improve the vm into a robust product, called LeapDroid, our first version has just released: http://www.leapdroid.com
    With LeapDroid, you can play Android games or any other Android Apps on Windows PC, in a very fast way using our unique LeapGL and Virt Fiber I/O technologies. It is highly compatible with a lot of games, and we will support GLES v3 soon.

Updated on Nov-04-2016:
    We (the whole team) are joining Google, and LeapDroid development is discontinued. Thanks for all of you that have been using our Leapdroid emulator
    !

Updated on Sep-26-2016, version 1.8.0.0 released:
    (1) Improve APK installation, path with spaces is now supported
    (2) Fix Little Big City 2
    (3) Bug Fixes

GitHub tracking issues:
    https://github.com/leapdroid-team/leapdroid/issues/

Media Coverages:

http://www.androidauthority.com/leapdroid-review-703665/
    http://androidcommunity.com/leapdro...astest-android-emulator-for-your-pc-20160711/

Features:
    (1) Android 4.4.4 image
    (2) x86 and ARM apps support
    (3) GLES 1.1 and GLES 2.0 support
    (4) Windows Direct X engine, in addition to host OpenGL
    (4) Host IME support
    (5) Key mapping
    (6) text copy and paste between android and host
    (7) Drag and drop apk installation
    (8) GPS support & seamless Pokemon Go support
    (9) Rooted out of the box, and adb remount support
    and many more

Upcoming Features:
    (1) Copy/Paste files between android and Windows host
    (2) Camera
    (3) Non VT performance improvement
    (5) OBS Streaming
    (5) GLES v3 support
    (6) Android 6 Marshmallow

Performances (Leapdroid simply beats all competitors, period!):
    Comparison.png

A quick update on Pokemon GO 0.37, we made some progress, but will take more time. Stay tuned!
    We just released a new version, 1.2.0, please download from our website, and re-install it (you will have to uninstall the existing version first).

Changes:
    (1) Add APK drag and drop install
    (2) Add support for custom resolutions using -w -h options
    (3) Fixed Antutu crashes on some PCs
    (4) Fixed Keyboard input bugs, e.g., Backspace, Capital letters, that may cause unable to login to google play
    (5) Add support for fullscreen mode
    (6) Display resizeable handles
    (7) Add more languages to Android
    (8) Fix a bug that causes no mouse input
    (9) Fix a bug that causes black screens on 32-bit PC
    (10) Other bug fixes in installer, etc.
    Updated on Aug-05-2016, version 1.4.0.0 released:
    (1) Multi-language support for keyboard
    (2) Pokemon Go compatibility fix
    (3) Heroes of Incredible Tales(HIT) fix
    (4) Pick a game and we will install it for you, go to our website and see tabs[Apps]
    (5) other bug fixes

Now Leapdroid is the only emulator that is compatible with the latest 0.31 Pokemon Go version, and you can install the app genuinely from the Google Play store.
    Updated on Aug-24-2016, version 1.5.0.0 released:
    (1) Pokemon Go: Auto-walk and different speed
    (2) Pokemon Go: Auto-catch pokemon
    (3) Allow user to customize the installation folder
    (4) other bug fixes