Nova and second screen

Search This thread

pierro78

failure with Nova but Success with Zach "System UI tuner" ;)

I tried to use this method on my "new" h918 to use the second screen as status bar but wasn't successful (I kind of remember that I successfully used it on my old h910 with failing loudspeaker though ...)

But there are several "immersive" options in Zacharee "System UI tuner" app (from the playstore) that allows to do it ;)

Lebatman

May 20, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Iv had this for a little while and its alright. added the notification pull down button to my nav bar / thumb contols.
(Nova launcher, pixel n icons, dpi@460, System ui tuner to keep 2nd screen in immersive mode)(android wear icons is because im debugging my watch, normally icons mid+ show)

Note: double tap to lock the on the status bar does not work on the home screen anymore

IMG_20171127_020614.jpg

Thanks for sharing.. I too use a lower dpi (I use a rather excessive 360, which I wouldn't recommend to most people).

Btw, quite a nice and minimalistic homescreen setup. One question though, why do you choose Chrome? (over say Firefox/Vivaldi/Brave/Bromite)

Reactions: pierro78

mrtomaso

May 9, 2008
Thanks for sharing.. I too use a lower dpi (I use a rather excessive 360, which I wouldn't recommend to most people).

Btw, quite a nice and minimalistic homescreen setup. One question though, why do you choose Chrome? (over say Firefox/Vivaldi/Brave/Bromite)

Saved passwords and cross history with my laptop. Plus chrome has just worked for me.

Reactions: pierro78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Just wanted to share a small trickery with everyone. Nova launcher can hide your statusbar on desktop, so if you go now to the second screen options click more and then "show time while content is shown" you are going to have a full screen desktop thanks to nova and the second screen to act as your statusbar (kind of). It not a full fledged statusbar since it only represents time wifi ,cell signal and battery but it works also gives you notifications etc..

:good:
    please PM me. I don't want to clog thread unrelated to topic if that's OK?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

in short, I researched Flashable Fonts for LG v10, and found the iPhone font which looks phenomenal.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    The problem is that with this launcher you lose like 80% of functions that you had on stock UI. If you clear home default and switch back and forth between launchers a few times you will see the second screen become more or less a status bar
    Weird. I went to Nova on day one and haven't looked back. I still have all the functionality of the second screen, including recent apps. Perhaps you experienced a bug in Nova?

What they are describing, is the very feature this thread was made to discuss. If you enable "hide status bar" in Nova, it replaces the secondary screen shortcuts, with the battery / signal / notification icons.
    Ah, I got it. Yeah, that's definitely a thing. That said, it still renders the assertion I originally replied to, "The problem is that with this launcher you lose like 80% of functions that you had on stock UI," as false.

Yep. Nova works very well in place of stock. Just keep the 'hide the status bar on homescreen' option disabled - and you can use the second display just as you would on the stock LG Home launcher.