• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Nova Launcher Lag

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-210710_Battery Tracker.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-210710_Battery Tracker.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 13
Galaxy Battery Tracker. It use almost no battery instead of 2-3%.
To be fair, my nova is currently at 0.9% battery usage.
Something to remember is that the built in UI should always show less power draw because the rest of the system is integrated around it, so some of the battery use for it will also be android system. As well as widgets power draw will show up for any third party launcher.

I'm not doubting you by any means as different people have different use cases and will experience different power consumption based on that, I'm just going off knowing that Samsung's launchers have always been known in the past to be fairly bulky.
That and I love nova prime. I think it was the first app I actually ever bought lol

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Something to remember is that the built in UI should always show less power draw because the rest of the system is integrated around it, so some of the battery use for it will also be android system. As well as widgets power draw will show up for any third party launcher.

I'm not doubting you by any means as different people have different use cases and will experience different power consumption based on that, I'm just going off knowing that Samsung's launchers have always been known in the past to be fairly bulky.
That and I love nova prime. I think it was the first app I actually ever bought lol
I can't comment on the newer Samsung launchers. I guess just keep an eye on Nova.
It's the only one I would try as a boot loop may be your reward for trying others... as I learned.

I have 2 10+'s now because of Samsung's and Android's recent blunders.
They will be my workhorses for the next 2-4 years. The latest new 10+ is running on Android 10 which doesn't seem to utilize scoped storage on any of my apps unlike 11 would. It runs well.
I haven't run it that long so I'm just learning it's power usage profile. It seems similar to my Pie variant at 7-12%@hr SOT.

The Samsung launcher on my S4+ was slow and a power hog. The newer launcher on the 10+ is snappy fast, efficient and rock solid stable. A exponential improvement, to be fair Samsung did an excellent job. Hopefully they didn't regress.

You are however missing out on all the Samsung customization.
Other brands need all the help they can get, not Samsung. Samsung's are the most customizable stock Androids on the planet once you learn to work within their framework.

Pick a theme (the default high contrast themes work well) which also controls the phone, keyboard, messenger etc appearance then pick a icon pack, then pick a wallpaper for the screens.
Add the Good Lock family of apps and One Handed Operation plus.
Add other 3rd party apps like Digi Clock widget and Double Tap.
Once you learn how to do it and what you like, setup doesn't take long. SmartSwitch can restore most of the settings... maybe🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed / Work Around!!! After going back to Nova version 6.2.9 it is much better now!!! Not noticing any delay.

The back up I had from version 7 was not compatible so I had to set up some stuff manually. But I have not had any of the same delays as before.

Tried OneUI and Niagara, but I've been using Nova since 2015, and I don't want to switch. Happy to stay at version 6.2 until Nova gets a current version compatible with the fold.

Hope that helps others.
    I'm a bit doubtful we have the same setup. Are you guys using full gesture with nova? I mean side + bottom from Samsung.
    You don't get any delays "blink" when returning to home screen and quickly start another app anymore?
    I don't use Android/Sammy gestures. I'm getting old and am still rocking the nav bar 😁. I do use swipe gestures in Nova.

I had the delay and it was a deal killer. I would have stayed with Apex or Niagara but decided to give Nova 6.2 a try based on others reports. As mentioned that works for me and I get zero lag days now for. days
    Galaxy Battery Tracker. It use almost no battery instead of 2-3%.

Anyone else using Nova Launcher (7) and have lag when opening the fold to full screen? I have turned off all animations, but that just causes it to be blank during the home screen draw lag.

I've tried switching to OneUI, BUT I can't get myself to give up all the customization of Nova and go with stock However, the waiting for Nova to draw the home screen when opening the fold is a pain. 😔

Thanks
    I have noticed it as well
    I have Nova and notice zero lag. I hope you figure it out.
    i removed Nova launcher for the FOld3. had it more like 10 years. Oh well. Also NOva can't custom front screen and inside screen. have to be the same (didn't like it)
    Nova fcking itself by not supporting the foldables. They were ahead of the times years ago, now just f'n everyone that stood behind them so many years.