Question Nova launcher Problems and floating windows and other bugs

Search This thread

moriwaky

Oct 20, 2016
Hi I have a new poco F3 8/256gb and it comes with Miui 12.0.2 but I have problems with nova launcher, the buttons recent app doesn´t work and only shows a blanck screen without any of the app. I tried with Apex launcher with the same resul. Then the icon for floating windows only apears on the control center icon and not on recent app, so the usability is very poor. Another problem I have is the bar of gesture on the botton of the screen sometime disapears and sometimes not. I search on the net and a tried, developer option miui optimitation with no positive results, hope Xiaomi release a new update soon.

moriwaky

Oct 20, 2016
thanks to @stevejc for his answer I update the poco launcher and my nova works perfect but I still have no floating window options in a recent panel. anyone can help me with this?

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Full gestures don't seem to work for me if I use custom launcher only traditional Dock navigation bar works. Even if you still insist using full gestures restart brings back old navigation. However I tried this app it seems to make full gestures work? Restart old navigation does still return but we can continue use full gestures. Can anyone confirm? If it works more than just me I might buy it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-153552.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-153552.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 61

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Pls ignore the app I recommended. When it works it works but it can suddenly stop working. I am going back to poco launcher until there is a fix or someone recommend a working gesture app.

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
I got a reply frm an xda developer. He develop gesture app for earlier androids. He said he can't help us. So I am guessing other gestures might not fully work either? 🙁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-071643.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-071643.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 48

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Guys more of you need to submit feedback / bugs complain I get the feeling xiaomi will not fix the full gesture with custom launcher issue. This their respond despite telling them oneplus has no issue with nova on android 11. I got a oneplus 7t pro.

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_114930.jpg
    IMG_20210419_114930.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 43

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Hi I'm using microsoft launcher and the app my gesture and it'working.

You can turn off or not the nav bar with setup gesture on miui setup page.
You have any issue of it suddenly stop working? I did. Its same with all others I tried they can suddenly stop working if I don't have 3 dot at bottom it be an issue. Mygesture suddenly stop working according to app accessibility stop responding I need to restart. Turning accessibility on off for it didn't work only restart did.

stevejc

Sep 29, 2013
You need to avoid stop the app in recent apps screen (first icon).
Also I give the app the Start automatically authorization and no battery optimisation.

I have the same problem if I kill the app but with the previous settings it's OK.

I can hide the nav bar, only after reboot they come again.
To hide them add gesture in Miui settings

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
You need to avoid stop the app in recent apps screen (first icon).
Also I give the app the Start automatically authorization and no battery optimisation.

I have the same problem if I kill the app but with the previous settings it's OK.

I can hide the nav bar, only after reboot they come again.
To hide them add gesture in Miui settings
I didn't do anything I left my phone on table went for nap or after using pc couple hours it will not respond when check it says accessibility disable I need restart phone.

EduardoRdz

Jul 6, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
greetings to all.
I have managed to use nova launcher with gestures combining it with the FNG app to hide the navigation bar ... it is not the definitive solution but at the moment it is working for me, I hope this info is useful

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a problem with poco launcher that broke recent apps if you install another launcher.
    See here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...12-2-2-4-eu-version-android-11.4215795/page-2

I have installed the new version and it's ok now for me with Microsoft launcher
    Hi I have a new poco F3 8/256gb and it comes with Miui 12.0.2 but I have problems with nova launcher, the buttons recent app doesn´t work and only shows a blanck screen without any of the app. I tried with Apex launcher with the same resul. Then the icon for floating windows only apears on the control center icon and not on recent app, so the usability is very poor. Another problem I have is the bar of gesture on the botton of the screen sometime disapears and sometimes not. I search on the net and a tried, developer option miui optimitation with no positive results, hope Xiaomi release a new update soon.
    The only working tip is to use the quick settings button for each app.
    I don't have also the icon in recent panel too.