• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

November security update

Search This thread

iluvatrix

Aug 23, 2012
Received this in Singapore.
Very hesitant to restart now in view of the Oct update that boot looped my phone causing me to factory reset.
Anyone else received this and successfully updated?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-140307.png
    Screenshot_20201124-140307.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 499

danannnn

Sep 13, 2019
Anyone who couldn't update from September to October can report if it's possible to go from September straight to November, and if it works without bootloop or resetting data?
Thanks.

iluvatrix

Aug 23, 2012
Anyone who couldn't update from September to October can report if it's possible to go from September straight to November, and if it works without bootloop or resetting data?
Thanks.
Yes, my wife's phone. I had boot looped on October's update and reseted. My wife decided to skip Oct. Now she has received the Nov update and tried to update and got the boot loop. She has unlocked bootloader and critical partition. Restarted 7 or 8 times and managed to boot back to Sept. She is stuck now.

danannnn

Sep 13, 2019
Yes, my wife's phone. I had boot looped on October's update and reseted. My wife decided to skip Oct. Now she has received the Nov update and tried to update and got the boot loop. She has unlocked bootloader and critical partition. Restarted 7 or 8 times and managed to boot back to Sept. She is stuck now.
/shrugs
Thanks for the heads-up.

Same here. Looks like everyone has to get boot looped either on Oct or Nov update.
If only my phone would boot with >October version at all, wiping or not.
Not even EDL flashing made it boot into October. I'll give November a try on the weekend, but I'm not hopeful.

ki69

Jun 19, 2014
/shrugs
Thanks for the heads-up.

If only my phone would boot with >October version at all, wiping or not.
Not even EDL flashing made it boot into October. I'll give November a try on the weekend, but I'm not hopeful.

I will wait for your update. Also because i´m in the same boot.

I am with september update. In October update i get boot loop a manage to get the phone working witout reset, after 7-8 restarts.

Now i want to know if i get again bootloop if i try to get November Update. I have bootloader unloack because of gcam, but don´t have root.

danannnn

Sep 13, 2019
I will wait for your update. Also because i´m in the same boot.

I am with september update. In October update i get boot loop a manage to get the phone working witout reset, after 7-8 restarts.

Now i want to know if i get again bootloop if i try to get November Update. I have bootloader unloack because of gcam, but don´t have root.

I just tried September -> November and no dice.
Got the "Try again / Reset" screen. After choosing Try Again 6 or 7 times it switched back to other slot and booted into September after one more Try Again.
At least it looks like it'll work when I choose to reset, which is better than I had before, but I didn't want to do it now.

Im fully stock, not even gcam mod, but keep bootloader unlocked due to how this phone is prone to bootlooping between updates.

Fyensta

Jan 27, 2016
Received this in Singapore.
Very hesitant to restart now in view of the Oct update that boot looped my phone causing me to factory reset.
Anyone else received this and successfully updated?
Thanks.

Noooo the dreaded bootloop is back?! :mad:
I thought they fixed the bootloop (caused by wrong update being offered) a long time ago! I am on November update and haven't had any issues for the past 9 months...

ki69

Jun 19, 2014
I think the problem is really in bootloader unlock. Maybe october update had a relock of bootloader ant that why we get bootloop.

AcostaJA

I updated to november no boot loop this time, my phone has bootloader unlocked but still stock, with October it had the boot loop and I chose to full reset, I'm disappointed too, waiting a pixel 4a to replace it first and last xiaomi for me.

Wifi had become very unstable since October update. Battery last 1-2 h less, it had an issue with the charging port so I bought a Chinese replacement which only is useful for charging not for data, as soon I get a new original one (very expensive) I'll switch this to lineageOS and keep for experiments

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
I bought a Chinese replacement which only is useful for charging not for data, as soon I get a new original one (very expensive)

Simeone had stolen my orignal data cable so I too bought a cheaper data cable as I was traveling and later come to know it wasn't working for data. Later bought Portronics Konnect L cable from Amazon.in around ₹109 or $1.50 and it's fast and has data transfer capabilities.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usb transfer not working even fastboot , default recovery showing no command, this bug ruins my mi a2 not able to transfer anything