Noverca HTC Rom - Vodafone Magic - TESTING

Search This thread

nk02

Aug 22, 2008
hi. it's just a port of daldroid's rom

OK, I tried to prepare a working rom for you. No patches respect to my original mod for the "other Magics" except for APN list.
changed the kernel and wifi driver for your device, but I'm not able to test it.
So, please, flash this only if you are used to flash firmware and prepared to have a non working system.
I REPEAT. I made this ROM without testing if bootable or working on vodafone and likes Magics. Be prepared to reflash a previous working rom you already flashed and tested.

WARNING !!! WARNING !!!! Please read all the post before trying to flash
FLASH THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT'S UNTESTED

1) Download the file daldroid-untested-vodamagic-signed.zip
2) rename it to update.zip
3) copy to the sdcard
4) start in recovery mode, WIPE and try to update.

Let me know if it works for you.
SUGGESTION: If you can resist to the temptation, allow for somebody else to post if it works or not! ;-)

------ EDIT ----
WARNING THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR VODAFONE AND COMPATIBLE MAGICs. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO FLASH IT ON TIM, ORIGINAL HTC AND MORE IN GENERAL EVERY DEVICE YOU TESTED WITH MY DALDROID ROM RELEASED IN THE OTHER THREAD

WAIT for the download link. Uploading right now
--------------
only english: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61EQ1YCS
es_pirulo multilanguage http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2OJDFD31
nk02 multilanguage beta2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFHDQFL5 <- with market fix
nk02 multilanguage beta3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OM7CE9R <- market fix + superuser + busybox

--------------

Last edited:

es_pirulo

Jul 18, 2008
Tested and big bugs for me:

1.- cannot create or sync contacts (manually, google contacts or exchange contacts)
2.- cannot finish google account wizard. It says something about "open your keyboard" and cannot continue.

Anyone have the same problems??

daldroid

May 28, 2009

1.- cannot create or sync contacts (manually, google contacts or exchange contacts)
2.- cannot finish google account wizard. It says something about "open your keyboard" and cannot continue.

Sorry, I'm not able to test this version of the rom because it doesn't run on my TIM magic. Maybe something related to boot.img working for vodafone, maybe something related to fixups.
The original was only an almost vanilla mod of the original rom kindly dumped by joost39. (added adb shell root and disabled rom secure)

Sorry for asking, but did you wipe your existing data and cache partitions when switching from your former rom?

If bugs are confirmed I could try to generate an image as similar to the original as I can (I'll have to change the kernel and wifi, however, but the problems you are reporting don't appear related to HW support in the kernel).

If you didn't wipe, try a wipe of the data and let us know.

Bye
daldroid

es_pirulo

Jul 18, 2008
Sorry, I'm not able to test this version of the rom because it doesn't run on my TIM magic. Maybe something related to boot.img working for vodafone, maybe something related to fixups.
The original was only an almost vanilla mod of the original rom kindly dumped by joost39. (added adb shell root and disabled rom secure)

Sorry for asking, but did you wipe your existing data and cache partitions when switching from your former rom?

If bugs are confirmed I could try to generate an image as similar to the original as I can (I'll have to change the kernel and wifi, however, but the problems you are reporting don't appear related to HW support in the kernel).

If you didn't wipe, try a wipe of the data and let us know.

Bye
daldroid

I've made the process of "apply updates" two times (both of them wiping first).

I'll try to format the sd card and start the process again.

I think it's something related with the HTC Dialer.

Last edited:

elecim

Jun 2, 2009

I have the same proplems, I hope that nk02 will fix this

daldroid

May 28, 2009
OK, I tried to prepare a working rom for you. No patches respect to my original mod for the "other Magics" except for APN list.
changed the kernel and wifi driver for your device, but I'm not able to test it.
So, please, flash this only if you are used to flash firmware and prepared to have a non working system.
I REPEAT. I made this ROM without testing if bootable or working on vodafone and likes Magics. Be prepared to reflash a previous working rom you already flashed and tested.

3) copy to the sdcard

SUGGESTION: If you can resist to the temptation, allow for somebody else to post if it works or not! ;-)

------ EDIT ----
WARNING THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR VODAFONE AND COMPATIBLE MAGICs. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO FLASH IT ON TIM, ORIGINAL HTC AND MORE IN GENERAL EVERY DEVICE YOU TESTED WITH MY DALDROID ROM RELEASED IN THE OTHER THREAD

--------------
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61EQ1YCS
--------------

Last edited:

es_pirulo

Jul 18, 2008

3) copy to the sdcard

------ EDIT ----

--------------
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61EQ1YCS
--------------

I'm going to work now. I'll try it this afternoon.

daldroid

May 28, 2009
I have installed it.

All seems to work ok!!!

But it's only in english.

In order to debug the problem with contacts ppl reported, I made the image as much like to the original as possible.
I suppose you can clear conf settings in menu->settings->applications
or just copy system/customize/CID/default.xml from the update.zip

adb remount
adb push ....

reboot and verify if all the languages are unlocked.
Or wait for the next rom image ;-)

nk02

Aug 22, 2008
In order to debug the problem with contacts ppl reported, I made the image as much like to the original as possible.
I suppose you can clear conf settings in menu->settings->applications
or just copy system/customize/CID/default.xml from the update.zip

adb remount
adb push ....

reboot and verify if all the languages are unlocked.
Or wait for the next rom image ;-)

i'm uploading a multilanguage version for you :D

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
tweaksyourandroid.weebly.com
thank you for all. I have to follow these steps to flash with this rom right?
1. Copy to sd card as "update.zip"
2. Reboot into recovery mode (HOME+POWER)
3. Wipe (option that has [ALT+W] beside it)
4. Apply update (option with [ALT+S] beside it)
5. Reboot (HOME+BACK)

enjoy.

Last edited:

nk02

Aug 22, 2008
thank you for all. I have to follow these steps to flash with this rom right?
1. Copy to sd card as "update.zip"
2. Reboot into recovery mode (HOME+POWER)
3. Wipe (option that has [ALT+W] beside it)
4. Apply update (option with [ALT+S] beside it)
5. Reboot (HOME+BACK)

enjoy.
right! (with the testkey recovery :) )

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone