Now for CM7 !!! Hardware Keyboards | Sony Ericsson Keyboards v0.8

Search This thread

slade87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage ... the regular stuff. So read instructions and you'll be fine

(credits go to HerrKuk) for keyprint.xml info :)

IMPORTANT:
Goto anywhere you need to input text. push long on the input box until the windows input methods appears chose Standardinput and now it will work. If you don't want to use the standard input method and want to use android one also flash the your hardware keyboard from the bottom this will enable you to use both keyboard input methods!. reselect your language. Do the same for Bopomofo Chinese Input method(optional download)

CM7 SE Keyboard update!!!

Hotfix for Word selection in dropdown (when using touchkeyboard) HOTFIX

Instructions

• Download CM7 SE Keyboard
  • Download from CM6 your language
  • Download CM7 Hardware keyboard layout
  • Now install CM7 Keyboard
  • Install CM7 Hardware Keyboard
  • Install CM6 language
  • reboot

CM6 v3.3 and newer also for CM7 | Sony Ericsson original Keyboard

One Click on the thank you button would make my day!

CM6 3.0/3.1/3.2/3.2.1 Sony Ericsson original Keyboard

Black Theme
credits to nobodyatall

Download your Hardware Layout and then select your language.

AGAIN OPEN i.e. SMS push long on the text input box until a menu appears, select choose inputmethod, choose standardinput, afterwards chose your language AGAIN! even if already the right one is selected

CM7 Keyboard Layout if using Android Keyboard input Method

German

French
thanks KeitaroBaka

Swedish
thanks to owain94

Russian
thanks to owain94

Danish/Norwegian
thanks XabdullahX

Greece
thanks owain94

Hungarian
thanks Thedy01

Instructions
  • Place zip file on root of sdcard
  • Boot into xrecovery
  • goto flash custom zip
  • look for your zip file
  • click yes
  • reboot the phone

As for many of you having troubles with "shift" key not working. Touch the text input window and hold your finger on it until a menu appears, chose input methods, choose android keyboard and NOT the HTC one I don't know why but "shift" key will work again!

Last edited:

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
As I got a lot of requests regarding different hardware keyboards I'll like to start a thread in order I can build you guys custom keyboard layouts for your froyo or gigglebread roms. My goal is it to have all languages sooner or later updated and organized in this thread.

I need to the following from you guys so we can make the hardware keyboard work.

• your qwerty.kcm.bin and your qwerty.kl from your old Sony Ericsson Firmware (/system/usr/) i need the entire folder with keyboard-config, keyboard-chars etc..
  • List your buttons and which button should have which character on blue/sym button and if you need capital letters as well which key should appear on blue/sym and shift button press
  • List you special signs, like underscore, plus,minus, etc .. even if you need a key frequently which is not on the default keyboard layout from sony we can still place it on a different button suitable for you
  • and last but not least any special requests, like numbers or so in the wrong place.
  • If you want to have an exact copy of your hardware keyboard as it is on your device (like the blue letters and number) please post a picture

As for many of you having troubles with "shift" key not working. Touch the text input window and hold you finger on it until a menu appears, choose android keyboard and NOT the HTC one I don't know why but "shift" key will work again!

I'll place all the keyboards in the second post for you once they are finished.

Change Log
  • v0.9 Hotfix CM7 less buggy now. only bug besides scroll down on sym menu is white color of text and list when selecting input language
  • v0.8 finally CM7 compatible but a bit more buggy than under CM6
  • v0.7 updated Spanish and SE Chinese Input Method for bopomofo (Its a different one than SE Standard Input Method)
  • v0.6 updated CM7 keyboards.
  • v0.5 updated all available languages!
  • v0.4 fixed bug regarding touch screen keyboard
  • v0.3 another fix for crashing
  • v0.2 fixed bugs in Sony keyboard so no workaround needed except above instructions
  • v0.1 new Sony Ericsson Keyboard

Known Bugs:

Sony Erricsson
  • SYM Menu sometimes does not respond. (workaround chose input method android, choose inputmethod standardinput again)
  • [in SYM Menü "Enter" does not work!] fixed in CM7 - still persistant in black theme
  • Black Theme might cause a force close in touch keyboard when trying to get dropdown menu

Last edited:

PTGamer

Feb 20, 2011
hi, i just want the original x10 mini pro Portuguese From Portugal(PT-PT) thanks :)

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
well as i do not speak pourtuguese do you have the original qwety.kcm.bin or something like that? or button mapping? thanks! (its in the list in 1 thread what i need)
you know what would be best just post a picture of your hardware keyboard. and i'll make the files for you

Last edited:
Reactions: rofled

safrajs

Dec 9, 2010
slade 87.

Good stuff man.

its guys like you who makes XDA what it is.

keep up the good work

Divr

Oct 10, 2010
Good thread, . I have one suggestion thought, I suggest you move all the keyboard layout submitted to the first post with thanks to the finder/inventor. That way people will easily find what they need.

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
yes of course i'll give the credit to the people who found it. Once there is more keyboard i'll start using external links, so we can divide languages from each other and also make it easier to give credit.

syin16

Oct 9, 2010
Teluk Intan
how do you get the qwerty.kcm.bin and qwerty.kl files? do u need to use root explorer or what? im new at this, sorry

luz1fer

Sep 27, 2010
hey, is it possible to put in german keyboard the old function from the sym/aü button. so if u press this button u will open the window, with smilies and special symbols?

HanMedSverd

Feb 17, 2011
Fredrikstad
hey, is it possible to put in german keyboard the old function from the sym/aü button. so if u press this button u will open the window, with smilies and special symbols?

I wonder the same about my Norwegian phone...
When I click the Sym button, it happends the same as on the blue button ...

It should be smileys and stuff there like :) , :-( , :D , :p , :O etc...

Thanks!

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
slade87 you got permission to post my files from cm topics here

i will delete the links from my post and i will link to this posted i think this is more up to date them mine are :p

Reactions: x-peria-pro

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
as of now i don't think this is possible but we can map new letters to buttons so for example old german layout was:
sym button + o would make an "ö"
now i did the following blue/sym button + o makes "ö"
but not with touch input but with the hardware keyboard. so the most frequent letters we can reasign to a combo of blue/sym button and work with that.

owain thanks I'll update this thread day by day and slowly merge your existing keyboards into this thread. I will upload new version to mediafire as well and keep your old links if thats ok with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTGamer

luz1fer

Sep 27, 2010
the why im asking that is, in connectbot for example i must use > or < but i cant find these symbols on the keyboard, coz these were under the menu witch opend with sym/aö ;>

PTGamer

Feb 20, 2011
well as i do not speak pourtuguese do you have the original qwety.kcm.bin or something like that? or button mapping? thanks! (its in the list in 1 thread what i need)
you know what would be best just post a picture of your hardware keyboard. and i'll make the files for you

what you preffer?
the qwerty.kcm...? or the picture?

if you preffer the qwerty.kcm... please tell me how to get that for you...(im new in this android scene.. i preffer symbian s60 v5 modding)

i just need the keyboard becouz im my language(Portuguese from portugal) we have "Ç" and we use ´, `, ~ and ^ in some letters like "é"(is) in "Não"(this = no) and in "A" in some cases "à" or "á" and i need the < and > for my smiles :b

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
please check the first post and follow the instructions of the sonyerricon.zip (first link) you should have all your keys back.

Reactions: PTGamer

luz1fer

Sep 27, 2010
okay with the sonyericsson.zip i got the symbols back on sym/äo but it seems instable with the sms/mms programm of cm6 3.2.1 coz i get forced closes Oo

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
did you reselect the language?
i don't know if it helps you but use xrecovery and download one of the other posted keyboard layouts, install it and then try it again. after i did this i had no more force closes. but in rare occassions the symbol menu did not work (touch did not respond) but it didnt force close i could still write my text just couldn't select an icon (and could get the menu away with pushing sym button again).

luz1fer

Sep 27, 2010
uey, i tried it with the french one, at the beginning no sym/aö symbole table, but than i hold the finger on the input and switch from standartinput to Androidinput, closed and do it again but now back to Standart input and it works. strange things are goin on here ;>

thnx for ur help and work

slade87

Dec 3, 2010
Leipzig
i am glad it worked!

I updated the link on the first post. this should work now without luzifers work around.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage ... the regular stuff. So read instructions and you'll be fine

(credits go to HerrKuk) for keyprint.xml info :)

IMPORTANT:
    Goto anywhere you need to input text. push long on the input box until the windows input methods appears chose Standardinput and now it will work. If you don't want to use the standard input method and want to use android one also flash the your hardware keyboard from the bottom this will enable you to use both keyboard input methods!. reselect your language. Do the same for Bopomofo Chinese Input method(optional download)

CM7 SE Keyboard update!!!

Hotfix for Word selection in dropdown (when using touchkeyboard) HOTFIX

Instructions

• Install CM6 language
    • reboot

CM6 v3.3 and newer also for CM7 | Sony Ericsson original Keyboard

CM6 3.0/3.1/3.2/3.2.1 Sony Ericsson original Keyboard

Black Theme
    credits to nobodyatall

Download your Hardware Layout and then select your language.

AGAIN OPEN i.e. SMS push long on the text input box until a menu appears, select choose inputmethod, choose standardinput, afterwards chose your language AGAIN! even if already the right one is selected

CM7 Keyboard Layout if using Android Keyboard input Method

German

French
    thanks KeitaroBaka

Swedish
    thanks to owain94

Russian
    thanks to owain94

Danish/Norwegian
    thanks XabdullahX

Greece
    thanks owain94

Hungarian
    thanks Thedy01

Instructions
    • Place zip file on root of sdcard
    • Boot into xrecovery
    • goto flash custom zip
    • look for your zip file
    • click yes
    • reboot the phone

As for many of you having troubles with "shift" key not working. Touch the text input window and hold your finger on it until a menu appears, chose input methods, choose android keyboard and NOT the HTC one I don't know why but "shift" key will work again!
    As I got a lot of requests regarding different hardware keyboards I'll like to start a thread in order I can build you guys custom keyboard layouts for your froyo or gigglebread roms. My goal is it to have all languages sooner or later updated and organized in this thread.

I need to the following from you guys so we can make the hardware keyboard work.

• your qwerty.kcm.bin and your qwerty.kl from your old Sony Ericsson Firmware (/system/usr/) i need the entire folder with keyboard-config, keyboard-chars etc..
    • List your buttons and which button should have which character on blue/sym button and if you need capital letters as well which key should appear on blue/sym and shift button press
    • List you special signs, like underscore, plus,minus, etc .. even if you need a key frequently which is not on the default keyboard layout from sony we can still place it on a different button suitable for you
    • and last but not least any special requests, like numbers or so in the wrong place.
    • If you want to have an exact copy of your hardware keyboard as it is on your device (like the blue letters and number) please post a picture

As for many of you having troubles with "shift" key not working. Touch the text input window and hold you finger on it until a menu appears, choose android keyboard and NOT the HTC one I don't know why but "shift" key will work again!

I'll place all the keyboards in the second post for you once they are finished.

Change Log
    • v0.9 Hotfix CM7 less buggy now. only bug besides scroll down on sym menu is white color of text and list when selecting input language
    • v0.8 finally CM7 compatible but a bit more buggy than under CM6
    • v0.7 updated Spanish and SE Chinese Input Method for bopomofo (Its a different one than SE Standard Input Method)
    • v0.6 updated CM7 keyboards.
    • v0.5 updated all available languages!
    • v0.4 fixed bug regarding touch screen keyboard
    • v0.3 another fix for crashing
    • v0.2 fixed bugs in Sony keyboard so no workaround needed except above instructions
    • v0.1 new Sony Ericsson Keyboard

Known Bugs:

Sony Erricsson
    • SYM Menu sometimes does not respond. (workaround chose input method android, choose inputmethod standardinput again)
    • [in SYM Menü "Enter" does not work!] fixed in CM7 - still persistant in black theme
    • Black Theme might cause a force close in touch keyboard when trying to get dropdown menu
    its fairly easy:

• Install CM6 language
    • reboot
    du brauchst nur bei den CM3.3 links dir qwertz zu besorgen.
    Because of the new CWM recovery, the old type of update scripts do not work anymore, and i'm afraid that i'm not familiar with the new scripting language. but i have found a way to manually install the the keyboard language.

First of unzip the zip-file containing the kayboard configuration, move the "qwerty.kcm.bin" (for Android Keyboard input Method) and "keyprint.xml" (for SE Keyboard) to the root of the SD-card, and boot into recovery.
    Once in recovery go to "Mounts and Storage" and mount "/sdcard" and "/system".
    Then connect the phone to a PC and using terminal "adb shell" (assuming you have the android SDK setup)

Now simply type (without quotes): "cat /sdcard/keyprint.xml -> /system/usr/keyboard-config/keyprint.xml" (SE keboard) and "cat /sdcard/qwerty.kcm.bin -> /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin" (android keyboard)

The "cat" command might not terminate, and you might have to restart "adb shell" alternatively it might be possible to use butybox, but i haven't tried that.