now, let's talk about porting Windows Phone 7.5 to Galaxy Ace(not just eyecandy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

junpeikawada

Oct 1, 2011
Manila
I am encouraging our devs to develop a WP7 rom for our beloved Galaxy Ace, because our Ace can hold WP7, judging the specifications given by Nokia's new Lumia 610, which sports same tech specs with Ace.

refer here:
HTML:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Nokia-Lumia-610_id6931

some of us would love to have WP7 on our galaxy ace, can we do that?

(I am no programmer, but at least, can I start an initiative?)

evil_penguin

Oct 29, 2011
Not possible !
It's closed source :cool:

First of all why do you want wp7 ,android is much better .

Arjoma

Jan 18, 2011
Not possible. Even if someone would manage to overcome all the driver problems because of the different hardware, there is one important difference: the screen resolution. The only resolution supported by WP7.5 is WVGA (800*480)- will change with WP8, but who would invest such an extreme amount of work and time for the Ace then - and the Ace just has HVGA (320*480).

the-cybersapien

Jan 22, 2012
XDA- 24/7
www.cybersapien.xyz
I am encouraging our devs to develop a WP7 rom for our beloved Galaxy Ace, because our Ace can hold WP7, judging the specifications given by Nokia's new Lumia 610, which sports same tech specs with Ace.

refer here:
HTML:

Why would you need WP7 on Android?? Android has got more features than any other OS around. Also WP7 is closed source.

Livewings

Mar 31, 2009
Singapore

refer here:
HTML:

Let me explain it to you very clearly.

Galaxy Ace has an 800MHz ARM11 MSM7225 processor which sucks so bad.
Lumia 610 has a 800MHz Cortex A8 MSM7230 processor which is quantum leaps better than the Ace.

Secondly, Galaxy Ace has a pathetic resolution of 320x480 while all WP75 phones currently has 480x800.

Thirdly, don't expect it to end up like HD2 because HD7 & HD2 has the exact same hardware that's why it was easier to port.

WP7 is closed source so it's nearly impossible to port WP7 unless there is a similar hardware to Ace running WP7.

So, I hope you understand the gravity of your request is simply impossible to achieve. :rolleyes:

parkentosh

Feb 18, 2012
Tartu
I think there is no point to such a port but the other way around would be very nice. I would love to own a nokia with android ;)

joeryru

Feb 29, 2012
Cilacap
why porting wp7???android much better than wp7. I do not want to go to jail for using porting wp7 rom T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts