• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Now you can not change CSC code with firmware + SIM-card

Search This thread

pluto78

Feb 6, 2021
I don't know how Samkey works, but if he connected with an external server to operate the CSC variation, who would prevent him from stealing the information of his mobile phone and more? I have some doubts.

osssinator

Jan 2, 2012
Sofia
Guys, help me please.
| really need the call recording future and I am currently using it on Huawei device. My girlfriend gave me a present A415F.
As it is EU spec device. In this case can I change the CSC to THL? I already purchased 3 credits from Samkey.
I only need the call recording.
Thanks in advance,

nib2

Mar 18, 2021
Hello there everyone,

I've read a lot of the previous comments, but I still don't have clarity. The phone is Note 10 lite, csc is PLS, my aim is to unbrand the phone with unbranded csc from my region. I have previously used Samkey to that end with success on other Samsung phone. Now I've run Samkey on my Note 10 lite with android 11 and it went through the moves, and I even though it worked, it used up 1 credit too, but the csc remained unchanged.

So the question is if I downgrade to Android 10 with Odin now and use up another Samkey credit what are the odds that the process would work this time?

Last edited:

ChoSmile

Feb 9, 2011
Sofia
Hello there everyone,

I've read a lot of the previous comments, but I still don't have clarity. The phone is Note 10 lite, csc is PLS, my aim is to unbrand the phone with unbranded csc from my region. I have previously used Samkey to that end with success on other Samsung phone. Now I've run Samkey on my Note 10 lite with android 11 and it went through the moves, and I even though it worked, it used up 1 credit too, but the csc remained unchanged.

So the question is if I downgrade to Android 10 with Odin now and use up another Samkey credit what are the odds that the process would work this time?
Flash first with whole desired CSC with Odin 4 files, on CSC select HOME_CSC_.... then use SamKey to cahnge CSC.

nib2

Mar 18, 2021
Flash first with whole desired CSC with Odin 4 files, on CSC select HOME_CSC_.... then use SamKey to cahnge CSC.

Thank you so much. It seems that the CDC is successfully and permanently changed to the unbranded one.

I downgraded to Android 10 using Odin and unbranded fw with the same bootloader version and your advice above. What surprised me was that afterwards there was some kind of error and the phone forced me to reset to factory settings, but that's not very important. Also this time Samkey wasn't cooperative at all. After choosing 'change cdc' it started and identified the phone as unbranded but got some kind of timeout just at the beginning with six times spelling out RETRY and afterwards it gave up. The good part is that this time it didn't consume any credit.

Then when I went into software update in the phone settings it gave me two updates one after the other. First it upgraded me to the oldest Android 11 firmware, but to my delight it remained unbranded. Then it didn't offer me the firmware update that became available in the meantime. Instead, when I went into settings>software update the second time I was offered the latest April 2021 update with OneUI 3.1. Also unbranded.

To sum up I went from CDC PLS/PLS,PLS/PLS to my desired XEO/XEO,XEO/PLS without Samkey, only using Odin. I'm not sure if the downgrade to Android 10 I performed was necessary part of the process or not, but the important thing for me is that the CDC change apparently is permanent and phone updates itself over the air without any problem.

Thank you for your advice. :)

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
I just tried flashing TMB U firmware on my U1.
I used HOME_CSC from TMB firmware to not lose the data, flashed successfully, but failed to boot, took me to the menu where I can Factory Data Reset.
So, I flashed U1 firmware again with HOME_CSC from U1 firmware, XAA, I was able to boot again then.
Now it says TMB/TMB/XAA on software info after reflashing U1 firmware. :\
Anyway to have the full TMB firmware without losing the data?

Hank87

Apr 14, 2012
Rome
I have s21 ultra international G998B-DS and I'm in the uk, if i change csc to Thailand which I believe is THL to enable call recording, would it affect the bands compatibility, carrier aggregation, volte or anything else?

ChoSmile

Feb 9, 2011
Sofia
I have s21 ultra international G998B-DS and I'm in the uk, if i change csc to Thailand which I believe is THL to enable call recording, would it affect the bands compatibility, carrier aggregation, volte or anything else?
No. 5G, VoNR, 4G VoLTE, aggregation ... works fine on THL and XXV.

THL will stop Samsung Pay in the end of 2021.
Better XXV (Vietnam) if you use Samsung Pay and call recording.

jpp604

Feb 8, 2018
I don't know, but i am not willing to try it.

What i understood from DeckerSU and Malaccio is that if you use a Android 11 firmware you cannot change the CSC at this moment, eventhough it is not clear if it changes what CSC you already have, hence my point above.

JP

Answering myself: I have upgraded to Android 11 OneUI 3.1 and my CSC did not change and i stil have call recording.

JP

aningro

Sep 20, 2016
Italia
Looks like after upgrade to Android 11 / One Ui 3.0 code *#*#27262826#*#* in Google Phone stopped work. Here i collected alternative methods for accessing PreConfig (CSC Change) Menu, may be one of them will be applicable in your case:

Samsung Dialer (standart system dialer):
  • *#243203855#
  • *#272*IMEI#
  • *#24320#
  • *#243203855#
  • *#272*IMEI#
  • *#272*62826#
  • *#170582*IMEI#
  • *#272837883#
  • *#487634751964#
Google Phone:
  • *#*#83052020100812173552301071192687#*#*
  • *#*#27262826#*#*
  • *#*#22623277326634424320#*#*
  • *#*#272837883#*#*
  • *#*#3472867046185743#*#*
I changed CSC on my Samsung S20 5G using Samkey after installing multi firmware (wiht ODIN) with CSC ITV (Original CSC OMN) ..... everything should be ok because
Software version of the telephone operator SAOMC_SM-G981B_OXM_ITV ........ before it was OXM_OMN
and ITV / ITV, ITV / EUX / OMN before OMN / OMN, OMN / EUX / OMN
however, the codes listed above no longer work, when I was OMN if I typed * # 272 * 62826 # only the Vodafone CSC appeared now none of the codes shows the "Preconfig" you can help me. Thank you

klobber12.2

Dec 30, 2014
Just want to note that I just successfully switched the CSC of a Galaxy S8 Active (SM-G892U) from Sprint (SPR) to T-Mobile (TMB) with Chimera. Expensive, but functional. Also fairly impressed with the software, they can also perform FRP lock reset, carrier unlocking, and all sorts of other nifty hacks & treats.

Phone2080

Sep 4, 2021
Hello, help needed….
My Samsung s10 exynos phone is from Australia and was rooted when I bought it. I got it online. I used frija and odin to install latest stock firmware. All done and good but network is not registered. I live in Oman. Base firmware shown in mobile is BTU and Active firmware reads as TEL. I installed firmware with MID and INS CSC but both does not help. The CSC stills reads as TEL/ TEL, TEL/ TEL……
Did I do something wrong ? I want my phone back to stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After some help and tips from Luke301 and Orlandson I also was able to make it work.

1. Buy 3 credits (can't buy 2) form this seller that Luke301 recommended to me for 6,60 usd total: animeman65
    (2. If you don't know how to flash official samsung firmware (which will not trigger KNOX), check: XDA: How to update the firmware on any Samsung phone)
    3. Flash official samsung OXM firmware I downloaded with Frija (not sure if necessary but in the Samkey application it says you need to do this first). You can also use sammobile but downloading takes very long (6 hours).
    4. Enable developer options on your phone: Settings > About phone > Software Information > Tap "build number" 8 times or until you see a pop-up message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".
    5. Turn on usb debugging on your phone: Settings > Developer options > USB debugging > Allow USB Debugging > Tap "OK"
    6. Install and open the Samkey application on your computer > Connect your phone to your computer with a usb cable > Login witch the credentials you received from the ebay seller.
    7. Insert the CNC code you want into the "Change CSC (Buyer)" field > Click the "Change CSC" button > Confirm that you want to spend 2 credits.
    8. Let the application do it's work after which it will reboot and then you're good to go.

rLlCTwwk0jMVGKmBqe0Qmh2rVs_ZVk8FDXC6FCz91GGu3EjrMUoclkgc1bGVjOszLMbJD3sQvDxQARVtC8_howMRrCi83mCKw4-dNXS8Z4NYLZ1oU-LmV2uA7WMV-vI29Nk5khqETpA=w2400

Ps. If I do a factory reset will the csc will stay?

I just did a factory reset and can confirm the that the CNC you changed it to will stay. No need to do it again :)
    Looks like after upgrade to Android 11 / One Ui 3.0 code *#*#27262826#*#* in Google Phone stopped work. Here i collected alternative methods for accessing PreConfig (CSC Change) Menu, may be one of them will be applicable in your case:

Samsung Dialer (standart system dialer):
    • *#243203855#
    • *#272*IMEI#
    • *#24320#
    • *#243203855#
    • *#272*IMEI#
    • *#272*62826#
    • *#170582*IMEI#
    • *#272837883#
    • *#487634751964#
    Google Phone:
    • *#*#83052020100812173552301071192687#*#*
    • *#*#27262826#*#*
    • *#*#22623277326634424320#*#*
    • *#*#272837883#*#*
    • *#*#3472867046185743#*#*
    Wow! It was so easy. Just changed from BTU to XEO in 5 minutes with SamKey.

All I had to do was:
    - buy 2 credits from ebay (around $5)
    - download samkey
    - enter the login details
    - disable fingerprints or lock pattern (disable lockscreen completely)
    - make sure that you have right connection with the phone by Read Info ADB
    - write your desired CSC on the field and click Change CSC
    - phone will reboot two times itself and operation will be completed!

My data and configuration were not tocuhed at all! All good

This is how proper log looks like:
    Code:
    Loading ADB module..OK
    Starting ADB module...OK
    Searching for SAMSUNG ADB device...OK
    Checking device authorization...OK
    Reading ADB device information...
    ADB Serial Number : xxx
    Model Name : SM-G973F
    BL version : G973FXXU3ASH6
    AP version : G973FXXU3ASH6
    CP version : G973FXXU3ASH3,G973FXXU3ASH3
    CSC version : G973FOXM3ASH3
    Android version : 9
    Sales code : BTU
    Serial Number : xxx
    SIM State : LOADED,ABSENT
    Debug Level : MID/LOW [0x4f4c]
    Setting DEBUG level to HIGH...OK
    Waiting for Reboot...OK
    Warranty VOID : 0
    SIM operator : N/A
    USB Settings : MTP,ADB
    IMEI : xxx
    Sending data to SERVER...OK
    Waiting for SERVER response...OK
    Change CSC in progress...OK
    Operation successful.
    The CSC will change depending on what SIM card you have in the device when you flash. ?

I think you need root if you want to manually change CSC.
    For me I also flashed with ZTO fw which seems multi and i can´t start the phone with brazil CSC. I´ve tried everything. If someone can help would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Hi
    Please how is it works? I´ve tried everything and I can´t change my CSC after flashing it with ZTO fw which suppose to be multi. I appreciate your help
    Thanks

Flash the phone with the firmware for your region with the SIM card in the device using the wipe CSC package, i.e. the one that doesn't start with "HOME" in it's name, and then when the phone restarts it should detect the SIM card region and load a CSC for that country.