Now you can not change CSC code with firmware + SIM-card

Search This thread

ru_dimka

Aug 28, 2017
I could easily change the CSC code on my Note9: just installed OXM firmware + factory reset with needed code SIM-card (Thailand for example). But this method does not work anymore. How to change a CSC code on S10?

Reactions: Idkwtf and Maikel S

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
At least on S8(without the sim card), I would flash a firmware of my choice and and then entered bootloader one time and restarted the phone. I don't know if the procedure has changed with S9 or higher model

Kalex-2007

Mar 9, 2019
Any news on this issue? Trying to change the region from CAC to SER, with Russian SIM in roaming, and get CAU CSC.

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
That's not true. I've changed mine from H3G to BTU.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309-102208_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190309-102208_Settings.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 15,423
  • Screenshot_20190309-102405.jpg
    Screenshot_20190309-102405.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 15,430
Last edited:
Reactions: Rumzie

cdyna

Aug 27, 2009

I suppose you flashed a whole new firmware? I did the same. It was branded as DBT but now I have BTU, same as you. I.e., I seem to have the same multi-CSC. I cannot set it to DBT, though. I think this is what the OP asked.

goldenboy2013

Mar 9, 2019
For me I also flashed with ZTO fw which seems multi and i can´t start the phone with brazil CSC. I´ve tried everything. If someone can help would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Hi
Please how is it works? I´ve tried everything and I can´t change my CSC after flashing it with ZTO fw which suppose to be multi. I appreciate your help
Thanks

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
For me I also flashed with ZTO fw which seems multi and i can´t start the phone with brazil CSC. I´ve tried everything. If someone can help would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Hi
Please how is it works? I´ve tried everything and I can´t change my CSC after flashing it with ZTO fw which suppose to be multi. I appreciate your help
Thanks

Flash the phone with the firmware for your region with the SIM card in the device using the wipe CSC package, i.e. the one that doesn't start with "HOME" in it's name, and then when the phone restarts it should detect the SIM card region and load a CSC for that country.

inferno2

Feb 29, 2008
Hello i'm French user with S10 FTM CSC (from Orange), I flash the multi CSC rom with sim and not sim and the result is the same BTU (English) CSC not XEF(french)! I tried lot of method with factory reset betwin two flash! i Don't understand

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
Hello i'm French user with S10 FTM CSC (from Orange), I flash the multi CSC rom with sim and not sim and the result is the same BTU (English) CSC not XEF(french)! I tried lot of method with factory reset betwin two flash! i Don't understand

This is indeed strange as BTU is British CSC. Did you use the CSC package that wipes the phone?

inferno2

Feb 29, 2008
This is indeed strange as BTU is British CSC. Did you use the CSC package that wipes the phone?

Yes i use the CSC that wipes the phone, not the HOME_CSC.
When i do the same operation with my old S8 after restarting say me that discover new operating and force me to wipe again my phone and give XEF CSC. On S10 not all

goldenboy2013

Mar 9, 2019
Hi
Thanks. I did that already downloaded the fw from Sammobile (ZTO) Brazil and did this process but it starts in spanish with the same codes from carrier. It's not working...

Spyritus

Jun 12, 2014
I also get BTU CSC after flashing. I wouldn't mind it if only I could enable caller id and spam protection, but the option is greyed out.
I still have volte working on my french carrier with BTU CSC.

Is the caller id and spam protection feature available for you ?

goldenboy2013

Mar 9, 2019
I also get BTU CSC after flashing. I wouldn't mind it if only I could enable caller id and spam protection, but the option is greyed out.
I still have volte working on my french carrier with BTU CSC.

Is the caller id and spam protection feature available for you ?

No doens´t work. My main issue is that Samsung Pay also doesn´t work because of CSC......it´s a mess!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After some help and tips from Luke301 and Orlandson I also was able to make it work.

1. Buy 3 credits (can't buy 2) form this seller that Luke301 recommended to me for 6,60 usd total: animeman65
    (2. If you don't know how to flash official samsung firmware (which will not trigger KNOX), check: XDA: How to update the firmware on any Samsung phone)
    3. Flash official samsung OXM firmware I downloaded with Frija (not sure if necessary but in the Samkey application it says you need to do this first). You can also use sammobile but downloading takes very long (6 hours).
    4. Enable developer options on your phone: Settings > About phone > Software Information > Tap "build number" 8 times or until you see a pop-up message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".
    5. Turn on usb debugging on your phone: Settings > Developer options > USB debugging > Allow USB Debugging > Tap "OK"
    6. Install and open the Samkey application on your computer > Connect your phone to your computer with a usb cable > Login witch the credentials you received from the ebay seller.
    7. Insert the CNC code you want into the "Change CSC (Buyer)" field > Click the "Change CSC" button > Confirm that you want to spend 2 credits.
    8. Let the application do it's work after which it will reboot and then you're good to go.

rLlCTwwk0jMVGKmBqe0Qmh2rVs_ZVk8FDXC6FCz91GGu3EjrMUoclkgc1bGVjOszLMbJD3sQvDxQARVtC8_howMRrCi83mCKw4-dNXS8Z4NYLZ1oU-LmV2uA7WMV-vI29Nk5khqETpA=w2400

Ps. If I do a factory reset will the csc will stay?

I just did a factory reset and can confirm the that the CNC you changed it to will stay. No need to do it again :)
    Looks like after upgrade to Android 11 / One Ui 3.0 code *#*#27262826#*#* in Google Phone stopped work. Here i collected alternative methods for accessing PreConfig (CSC Change) Menu, may be one of them will be applicable in your case:

Samsung Dialer (standart system dialer):
    • *#243203855#
    • *#272*IMEI#
    • *#24320#
    • *#243203855#
    • *#272*IMEI#
    • *#272*62826#
    • *#170582*IMEI#
    • *#272837883#
    • *#487634751964#
    Google Phone:
    • *#*#83052020100812173552301071192687#*#*
    • *#*#27262826#*#*
    • *#*#22623277326634424320#*#*
    • *#*#272837883#*#*
    • *#*#3472867046185743#*#*
    Wow! It was so easy. Just changed from BTU to XEO in 5 minutes with SamKey.

All I had to do was:
    - buy 2 credits from ebay (around $5)
    - download samkey
    - enter the login details
    - disable fingerprints or lock pattern (disable lockscreen completely)
    - make sure that you have right connection with the phone by Read Info ADB
    - write your desired CSC on the field and click Change CSC
    - phone will reboot two times itself and operation will be completed!

My data and configuration were not tocuhed at all! All good

This is how proper log looks like:
    Code:
    Loading ADB module..OK
    Starting ADB module...OK
    Searching for SAMSUNG ADB device...OK
    Checking device authorization...OK
    Reading ADB device information...
    ADB Serial Number : xxx
    Model Name : SM-G973F
    BL version : G973FXXU3ASH6
    AP version : G973FXXU3ASH6
    CP version : G973FXXU3ASH3,G973FXXU3ASH3
    CSC version : G973FOXM3ASH3
    Android version : 9
    Sales code : BTU
    Serial Number : xxx
    SIM State : LOADED,ABSENT
    Debug Level : MID/LOW [0x4f4c]
    Setting DEBUG level to HIGH...OK
    Waiting for Reboot...OK
    Warranty VOID : 0
    SIM operator : N/A
    USB Settings : MTP,ADB
    IMEI : xxx
    Sending data to SERVER...OK
    Waiting for SERVER response...OK
    Change CSC in progress...OK
    Operation successful.

Hi
    Thanks

Flash the phone with the firmware for your region with the SIM card in the device using the wipe CSC package, i.e. the one that doesn't start with "HOME" in it's name, and then when the phone restarts it should detect the SIM card region and load a CSC for that country.
    The CSC will change depending on what SIM card you have in the device when you flash. ?

I think you need root if you want to manually change CSC.