NTFS Support

Search This thread

archosfan

Dec 3, 2010
Hi,
I really miss the missing NTFS support. My 2,5" 500GB portable hard drive would be perfect for the A500, but some files are over 4GB (MKVs for example)
Please make a Custom Rom, that supports this.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: jhonnyx1000

dc13

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
Boise, ID
Simple answer it cant be done as NTFS is MS closed source. the the movies smaller if u need it. thats what i did with my 1TB drive.

Reactions: pixiejoe

hellcat82

May 11, 2010
Melbourne
NTFS Mount

NTFS Mount

I've manage to pack all the needed files into an apk so you no longer need to mess around with adding files to system/xbin and writing up scripts.

Please see the market for the latest version (Now called drive mount)

https://market.android.com/details?id=au.dach.drivemount

As above there could be some problems with the Tiamat rom and I'll look into it as I get further information.

Root is still needed

Instructions
  1. Install APK
  2. Connect HDD
  3. Launch app
  4. Select device
  5. Click Mount

Any hassles let me know.

Version 1.3 has the ability to mount NTFS microsd cards by turning off device filtering. It also has the ability to mount multiple formats.

Attachments

• NTFSMount.apk
    198.6 KB · Views: 7,074
  • NTFSMount1_1.apk
    204.8 KB · Views: 2,880
  • NTFSMount1_2.apk
    204.8 KB · Views: 6,735
  • NTFSMount1_3.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 11,779
Last edited:

kla93

Jul 31, 2008
Paris
It perfectly works, i was able to connect external ntfs hdd.
Well done and thank you.
Cheers,
Kla93

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

thesilverhawk

Mar 23, 2011
any program to play 1080p mkv without converting. I know it wont support 1080 due to smaller screen resolution but that's what I have.

pilot73

Jul 17, 2008
Fréjus
files in the good folder ie system/xbin

But ....

device0.jpg

I do something wrong :confused:

bodysoda

Dec 3, 2010
auckland
after installing I can see drive as sda1 - however when i try to mount .. i get error mount failed:

Does this mean that i need to root my device ?

pilot73

Jul 17, 2008
Fréjus
Sorry my question not clear:

about USB dongle (memory stick) ntfs

yes just working, the second one, good

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NTFS Mount

NTFS Mount

I've manage to pack all the needed files into an apk so you no longer need to mess around with adding files to system/xbin and writing up scripts.

Please see the market for the latest version (Now called drive mount)

https://market.android.com/details?id=au.dach.drivemount

As above there could be some problems with the Tiamat rom and I'll look into it as I get further information.

Root is still needed

Instructions
    1. Install APK
    2. Connect HDD
    3. Launch app
    4. Select device
    5. Click Mount

Any hassles let me know.

Version 1.3 has the ability to mount NTFS microsd cards by turning off device filtering. It also has the ability to mount multiple formats.
    Do you take feature requests? With a usb hub, it actually recognizes additional usb drives (sda1, sdb1, etc.) Would it be difficult to allow custom mount points for NTFS drives. Perhaps mount sda1 as /mnt/sda1 and sdb1 as /mnt/sdb1, etc. That leaves usb_storage open for a FAT32 drive. Then we would be able to copy files from one drive to another..

Thanks

I originally wanted to add multiple mount points, but time got the best of me so I packaged what I had. When I get a few minutes spare I'll have a go at implementing what you have suggested.
    Hi,
    I really miss the missing NTFS support. My 2,5" 500GB portable hard drive would be perfect for the A500, but some files are over 4GB (MKVs for example)
    Please make a Custom Rom, that supports this.
    Thanks in advance!
    Simple answer it cant be done as NTFS is MS closed source. the the movies smaller if u need it. thats what i did with my 1TB drive.
    Some USB self powered drives will work fine. Some will not. Just depends on how much power the drive requires. This is also the case on many laptops and why some drives come with a Y connector so you can attach two USB ports to provide power