Search This thread

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Status on Ntt Docomo Note SC-02E

Q&A

Q:How can I unlock the SC-02E?
A:Through Docomo around 3500 yen or The free unlock works!!!! (Tested by octa_amide ) Thanks Look below in Useful links

Q:Where can I find original SC-02E firmware if I need to return the handset for service?
A:In my signature Xda share drive :Stock Docomo 4.1.1 JB

Q: What is the current version firmware?
A:SC-02E Japan- 2013 November- 4.1.1- SC02EOMAMK1- SC02EDCMAMK1 Root still works!!

Q:Will I lose NFC TYPE payment example edy, Felicia,suica?
A:Yes and No: Yes you will lose if you stay on a custom recovery like CWM.No if you place your stock recovery back to the original.

Q: Does 1 seg digital mobile TV work?
A:Yes on stock docomo or Rob's Detoxed Rom(links coming soon)

Q:Is there a ROOT ?
A:Yes ROOTED
Root Kit Files

Q:Can i install CWMR or TWRP ?
A: Yes if you flash using odin or download TWPR from the website TWRP will work I tested it

Q:Will the CF Yellow triangle reset work?
A: Yes! Use just for Resetting binary count only !! Reset binary count Kit

Q: Can you do a wireless charge mod on this phone ?
A: "No" there is no easy way I could think of Look at these pictures I took when I took apart my device.

Q:Can I silent the Camera Shutter sounds?
A:Yes look here warning this may be illegal in some countries

Q Will the multi hack mod work?
A:Yes Tested by Robobob1221 Link here

Robobob1221 :Useful Link
Credit to g.lewarne for the ramdisk scripts/setup from his note2core kernel Robobob1221 for the zimage swap and Vipsavior walking on the darkside 55+counts trial and error HaHa .
Mskips Note 2 Tool kit,ChainFire's Triangle app & SuperSU.99, and the people that been with us from the start.

Last edited:

xen2

Apr 21, 2012
Thanks for the progress report.
I've just got it yesterday as well, and can't wait for a way to root it properly!
I will probably do some tests in the next days as well.

Well I dove in and installed CWMR and backed my stock rom by using this method below.

This method is for OSX mac, but there is a odin version also

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-on-mac-osx/

So i achieved CWMR and backed up my rom than I tried the root but its a no go. SU is installed but i receive a message "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSu cannot install it"

Now i don't know if this same method is needed below for the note 2 as it was needed for the Docomo S3 version
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1895737

If you read on the bottom of the post It states that the orginal recovery needs to be installed in order to use

beware this will raise your binary count
CWM recovery installed instead of the stock_recovery, then many of the SC-06D's functions will not work. The stock_recovery MUST be flashed/installed everytime before booting into Android

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Still no luck,but getting there

Well I been looking all day for a root or progress of a root in japanese forums ,but i still had no luck .I restored my phone back to the stock binary and now i am able to receive updates via OTA and use NFC payments.While i was doing that i went and did a little digging and looked at busy box on my phone and it said it was rooted .I also looked up the message in SU "There is no SU binary installed " From looking at a few threads it seems that a little fix or patch is needed so hopefully it will not be long before we get a root.I also sent Chainfire a post for a CF-Auto root support.I know the man is busy ,but hopefully he will come through we just need to be patient. If you would like the stock JB 4.1.1 (1.57 GB)File its is being upload now in my shared xda drive below .I extracted the modem and recovery also .We might need this later for rom flashing .:cowboy:

Reactions: davefromcamp

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
Reactions: qit46

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Tried ,but no dice counter on 9 flashes lol

Yes i did the same way as in the video but i think japanese SGS 3+ phones do not auto recovery .It is very similar to the JP Gs3 awaiting chain fire to respond or tweak the CF auto root.

octa_amide

Dec 16, 2010
Nice to hear from fellowuser of note 2 in japan.
Me too, trying hard to root but no luck.
Only manage to odin an insecure boot into my phone. Made it myself based on information from the net.
So far no problem yet.
Asking expert for help now.
Let's keep each other updated.

Sent from my SC-02E using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
$Donation$ in exchange Root Docomo note 2 SC-02E

Well after long hours of trying different ways to get the root I was unsuccessful.So I am going to sweeten the deal with the first person to root a NTT Docomo SC-02E Note 2 a donation of $50 via Paypal from me for your hard work.If you need the boot.img ,NAND back up or stock Rom please let me know .I have gone as far as clockwork mod recovery installed on the device and installed SU but super user cannot find the binary.

Hope someone can answer the call because i am itching like a drug attic trapped in a cube with no doors.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyer1

octa_amide

Dec 16, 2010
Well after long hours of trying different ways to get the root I was unsuccessful.So I am going to sweeten the deal with the first person to root a NTT Docomo SC-02E Note 2 a donation of $25 via Paypal from me for your hard work and for a added bonus I will throw another $25 on top if its done in the next 3 days from this post so $50 total.If you need the boot.img ,NAND back up or stock Rom please let me know .I have gone as far as clockwork mod recovery installed on the device and installed SU but super user cannot find the binary.

Hope someone can answer the call because i am itching like a drug attic trapped in a cube with no doors.

Hi VipSavior,

I had already send the stock ROM to one of the experts for help to pre-root it.
Just got them back.
2GB file just finished downloading.
Took me one whole day to download. (in office)
Will updated you when I am free to Flash.(maybe tonight)
Just wait for a while.........

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
I sent chain fire it he had a quick turn around in 2 days but the cf auto root did not work .It looked like it was missing the recovery .I also sent mskip a post ,but i have not got a reply yet.

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
No go for me either. Using Odin 3.07 and CF-Auto-Root-sc02e-sc02e.zip.
(Odin says Pass, but SU doesn't show up in apps.)

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-sc02e-sc02e.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

Last edited:

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
The best way to make a NAND back up is CWM you can get CWM by Flashing it in Odin.It will work trust me i did it plenty of times this week .Follow the directions it should take 5 sec to flash leave auto reboot checked .Use this file on there site International Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100

CWM install directions

vipsavior

Dec 25, 2008
Lost
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
I am thinking of 1 more option flash the Rom with a custom one I know some stuff might not work like edy payment camera, gps and the 4G signal may be not as strong as the original. I am still looking on which rom to use. It's a risk but I will give it more thought.
I saw in the Japanese forms they are flashing using 7015 but some functions are lost. I hope CM mod comes to the note 2 soon.

Sent from my SC-02E using xda app-developers app

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
vipsavior, I noticed that your recovery is 8,388,608 bytes in size. The recovery from the original firmware (which Chainfire got from SamFirmware) is 6,273,280 bytes in size.

I hate to sound like a total noob, but could they be different? Are you sure that your recovery is stock from your device?

I'm hoping that it's just a question of getting the correct recovery.img to Chainfire.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Status on Ntt Docomo Note SC-02E

Q&A

Q:How can I unlock the SC-02E?
    A:Through Docomo around 3500 yen or The free unlock works!!!! (Tested by octa_amide ) Thanks Look below in Useful links

Q:Where can I find original SC-02E firmware if I need to return the handset for service?
    A:In my signature Xda share drive :Stock Docomo 4.1.1 JB

Q: What is the current version firmware?
    A:SC-02E Japan- 2013 November- 4.1.1- SC02EOMAMK1- SC02EDCMAMK1 Root still works!!

Q:Will I lose NFC TYPE payment example edy, Felicia,suica?
    A:Yes and No: Yes you will lose if you stay on a custom recovery like CWM.No if you place your stock recovery back to the original.

Q: Does 1 seg digital mobile TV work?
    A:Yes on stock docomo or Rob's Detoxed Rom(links coming soon)

Q:Is there a ROOT ?
    A:Yes ROOTED
    Root Kit Files

Q:Can i install CWMR or TWRP ?
    A: Yes if you flash using odin or download TWPR from the website TWRP will work I tested it

Q:Will the CF Yellow triangle reset work?
    A: Yes! Use just for Resetting binary count only !! Reset binary count Kit

Q: Can you do a wireless charge mod on this phone ?
    A: "No" there is no easy way I could think of Look at these pictures I took when I took apart my device.

Q:Can I silent the Camera Shutter sounds?
    A:Yes look here warning this may be illegal in some countries

Q Will the multi hack mod work?
    A:Yes Tested by Robobob1221 Link here

Robobob1221 :Useful Link
    Credit to g.lewarne for the ramdisk scripts/setup from his note2core kernel Robobob1221 for the zimage swap and Vipsavior walking on the darkside 55+counts trial and error HaHa .
    Mskips Note 2 Tool kit,ChainFire's Triangle app & SuperSU.99, and the people that been with us from the start.
    Root Process.

vipsaviour posted the process here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35727179&postcount=79

I guess to go over the process again in a little more detail. Currently this will result in a status modified:

For now do not connect your phone to the PC until your told to by the toolkit. Also just leave your phone turned on.
    1. Download mskip's Galaxy Note2 Toolkit from HERE. This contains all the necessary tools needed to achieve root.

2. Download the boot.tar created by vip from HERE. Remember to choose the ODIN FLASHABLE download

3. Run the toolkit.exe and install it on your pc

4.Once installed run the toolkit, and follow the instructions.
    You will need to update first if you have the donate version, otherwise enter no.

5. You will then be presented with the device model/build screen. Enter 11 which is highlighted red in the image below (press 'show content'). Next press enter

6. On the next screen you want to do two things. First, in the image below in red is to install the Samsung USB drivers. Enter option 1 and follow all the on screen instructions to install the drivers and get your device recognized. Once they are installed, you should connect your device and it should be recognised and you'll see the device number like in the image below.

7. On this screen again the second step, in blue, option 2 is to select to root your phone. See image above.

8.On the root option page you will want to select option 2 to flash insecure boot.img, and flash superuser and busybox. See image below

9. Choose you choice of superuser. I personally went with SuperSU by chainfire this time around (option 2)

10. On the next page enter yes, and then the process is automated by the toolkit. Follow the instructions except where it tell you to select the 'boot-insecure-alij-N7105.tar'. Instead you are going to select the boot.tar you downloaded in step 2. After that follow the on screen instructions.

Odin will flash the boot.tar and reboot your phone. Once fully booted and you close odin the toolkit will recognise your device and flash su and busybox on it and reboot again and then your Note 2 should be fully rooted, with su and busybox binary, and everythign else working flash, vibrate etc.

I hope this helps. If anything is a little unclear please tell me and I'll try to elaborate.
    Enjoy your root people!:laugh:
    You've been busy, you and Rob. I'll do my small contribution and add them to my community links page, after work, along with any videos you care to post.
    I offered 2 Galaxy Note 2 cases, for anyone who got the SC-02E rooted, so please decide among yourselves who wants them or should have them, give me a delivery address and I'll post them out. They've been opened and tried (for like 3 minutes) but both cases are in new condition, although one box is roughened up.

Props for your work and community support. :good:
    Share and share alike

Are you gonna share?

Sent from my Xoom using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Of course i will .I will make a video for everyone . I am tired and need sleep I have to get up for work in 4 hrs. Sorry for the wait .I just wanted to update you on the good news.:good: