riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai
Nubia final-5 [ 02-04-2020 ]
I hope FP will work in this.
Anybody installing this please report soon
For FP I am waiting.

Ok I will install it right away and report back as soon as possible

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Nubia final-5 [ 02-04-2020 ]
I hope FP will work in this.
Anybody installing this please report soon
For FP I am waiting.

Sonu !! Thank you so much for your effortless hardwork; and I confirm that the FP feature now works as expected :D

This ROM is super smooth and performance is great, also the sound is fantastic -- Its LOUD at the same time the Music and Videos are a pleasure to listen to without any distortion and the audio is crystal clear even from the Speaker Phone.

Will go deeper into the features and report back if I find anything missing or needs attention.

luigge

Things missing in the ROM. Multiwindow does not work, edge gestures are not present and screen display preferences does not work.
also there is no setting to change screen on time.
PS this was on 2 updates ago

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

tried installing the update, gave me an error. "This package is for "A7010a48" devices; this is a "k5fpr". which is the same.
(nubia os version 5)

Last edited:

luigge

I had to remove this line in updater script "This package is for "A7010a48" devices; this is a "k5fpr" to "fix" also I changed device model throug build.prop as when I installed it said, setup your nx7something device. so would match.

luigge

Last edited:

riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai
another thing. I found this https://developer.sony.com/file/download/open-source-archive-for-36-1-a-1-90/ apparently this is source from xperia xa ultra which have same soc helio p10 6755. this phone got android 7 update. have volte and nfc. maybe you could try something?
and here source from xperia xa/xa dual https://developer.sony.com/file/download/open-source-archive-for-33-3-a-1-115-and-33-3-b-1-15/

Similar but not same SoC
K4 Note has MT6753
While Sony has MT6755

Not quiet sure whether the two ROMs can ported and give a stable one for our A7010a48
Besides Sony ROMs maybe great for graphics and sound but are very buggy when it comes to battery performance.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Another Update on this ROM:

Today started to use the Nubia ROM extensively with Heavy to Extremely heavy usage.

1. Used the phone for Google Meet / Duo calls (call lasted for 30-45 mins) no lag and no heating (though the phone was not obviously cold as a cucumber), it was moderately warm.

2. Was playing Music Videos (YouTube Music, Hungama Music and Amazon Music) since morning 9:30 am till now. Intervals of Music OFF were during company conference calls.

3. WhatsApp calls as well as chatting

4. Browsing websites and using some finance apps -- bought food online for self and the cat.

All this worked the battery down from 97% to 43% which is remarkable comparing to other ROMs in the market.

Tonight I am to hook up the phone to my BT music system and also do some video streaming; lets see how that performs --

riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai
Ok guys so this ROM is completely Stable now, last night the party went on till 3:00 am and we blasted the BT speaker connected to my Lenovo K4 Note. the battery lasted from 100% to 28% and all the time we were connected to YouTube Music app playing all sorts of music.
Again, this morning I spent some time uploading photos and videos to Google Photos app and the battery still went upto 1% before a complete drain shut down.

sonu779230

Nov 8, 2017
Ok guys so this ROM is completely Stable now, last night the party went on till 3:00 am and we blasted the BT speaker connected to my Lenovo K4 Note. the battery lasted from 100% to 28% and all the time we were connected to YouTube Music app playing all sorts of music.
Again, this morning I spent some time uploading photos and videos to Google Photos app and the battery still went upto 1% before a complete drain shut down.

This is last rom for Nubia os.

Last edited:

riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai

Yup !! Just the perfect ROM Dev !!

So now all downloaders have a choice whether Nubia or Miui 10 -- Take your Pick !

BTW that Final_10 Miui ROM is another grand buster .. all stable and everything working -- the Lag is gone and everything works as expected.

Just the Settings button in the Notifications Pull down is still not getting tapped (need to tap it about 3-4 times before the settings menu can come up).

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

BTW are you considering porting that Sony Xperia request by one of the forum members ? It'll be a great try .. I have used Sony Xperia back in 2013 (don't remember the model number), it was with my wife and she loved it though and I have always been a Miui Fan.

Do consider it . don't know how far the porting can go but a MT6755 and MT6753 look quiet similar except for a few things like built-in Modem and stuff.

You want to take up the challenge ? I have a spare phone for it ... :cool:

luigge

Similar but not same SoC
K4 Note has MT6753
While Sony has MT6755

Not quiet sure whether the two ROMs can ported and give a stable one for our A7010a48
Besides Sony ROMs maybe great for graphics and sound but are very buggy when it comes to battery performance.
---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------
--

yes I know they are different socs but nubia os was ported from a phone with mtk 6755 helio p10, so if this one could be ported this sony one probably would be possible. but as other devs told me in telegram group that is the source for kernel only... so nothing much to do...

Last edited:

luigge

ok so the only way I could install this rom was dirt install over the other nubia os I had, by removing the assert line due to error 7 "this device is a k5fpr this rom is for a7010a48 devices etc"... after this some days later I had to install another rom to get logs for another developer and now I cant install it, keep saying error 6... I dont know what to do...

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

and gives me another error, failed to mount /dev/block.../system at /system: device or resource busy.
also there is this error:creating symlinks... some symlinks failed

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

nevermind I just managed to install again...

Last edited:

trimtri

Nov 25, 2017
ok so the only way I could install this rom was dirt install over the other nubia os I had, by removing the assert line due to error 7 "this device is a k5fpr this rom is for a7010a48 devices etc"... after this some days later I had to install another rom to get logs for another developer and now I cant install it, keep saying error 6... I dont know what to do...

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

and gives me another error, failed to mount /dev/block.../system at /system: device or resource busy.
also there is this error:creating symlinks... some symlinks failed

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

nevermind I just managed to install again...

what twrp you are using? May be 3.3.1-0 or later. Try using earlier version: 3.1.1-0 to 3.2.3-0

riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai
Back to reporting more issues after a journey of testing two ROMs of the same device by the same DEV "Sonu779230"

1. Nubia ROM
2. Miui 10

Nubia ROM -- Fantastic OS ! Brilliant PORT from another device to suit our Lenovo A7010a48 phone, fluid and smooth UI, no lags whatsoever, Great and clear sound, incorporates both DTS as well as Dolby (with some fine tuning both flavours of Music tweaks can give excellent sound output).

Battery performance is great -- does not drain as fast as other custom ROMs do, can't put apps in the background to sleep or load automatically like the feature of Miui, however some background apps killer can do the job just as well.

RAM Management is great though not brilliant (again no background apps cleaner widget like in Miui), but the Power Management setting does do some good work and keeps the phone running smooth and doesn't drain battery.
Best SOT I have got with this ROM is 3h - 42 mins with Moderate to Heavy Usage and a standby time of 21 hours (3 recharge cycles were maintained).

The phone heat is relatively cooler than Miui 10; however lets see as Indian Summer is now at its peak; however this year's summer will be relatively the coolest in so many years considering Vehicles are off the roads.

There are not many customization options here unlike in Miui 10 where several options are there including Theme App downloader.

*** found something ***

Vodafone on Sim 1 with 4G, then I receive a call and the network switches to 3G / Again with Jio the data network cuts off so during calls internet doesn't work. After the call the network switches back to internet network so not really complaining about it however if during a call I want to use the internet like when on a Con Call and I need to receive emails or check something else on the web then I have to use WiFi (which is not always available), so during a call if someone has sent me a WhatsApp message or other chat message then I will need to disconnect the call to check the messages.

Again, do note that Main Data sim will have to be in Sim - 1 only to get the best network, as even though both SIMs support 4G/3G/2G as well as Volte yet only the sim card in Sim 1 will get the best network.

Vodafone on Sim 2 gives a network speed of 5-6 Mbps while as when in Sim 1 the speed jumps past 15 Mbps which I am unable to explain. Same goes with Jio (ofcourse the speed is faster than Vodafone - not yet tested with Airtel).

Also Found:

Everytime I restart the Phone it gets stuck for 2-3 minutes on a message "Updating Android" Optimizing App 1 of 1, and the phone won't boot any further unless this process is not completed. Sometimes it will just sit there for more than 5-6 mins.

Last edited:

sonu779230

Nov 8, 2017
Back to reporting more issues after a journey of testing two ROMs of the same device by the same DEV "Sonu779230"

1. Nubia ROM
2. Miui 10

Nubia ROM -- Fantastic OS ! Brilliant PORT from another device to suit our Lenovo A7010a48 phone, fluid and smooth UI, no lags whatsoever, Great and clear sound, incorporates both DTS as well as Dolby (with some fine tuning both flavours of Music tweaks can give excellent sound output).

Battery performance is great -- does not drain as fast as other custom ROMs do, can't put apps in the background to sleep or load automatically like the feature of Miui, however some background apps killer can do the job just as well.

RAM Management is great though not brilliant (again no background apps cleaner widget like in Miui), but the Power Management setting does do some good work and keeps the phone running smooth and doesn't drain battery.
Best SOT I have got with this ROM is 3h - 42 mins with Moderate to Heavy Usage and a standby time of 21 hours (3 recharge cycles were maintained).

The phone heat is relatively cooler than Miui 10; however lets see as Indian Summer is now at its peak; however this year's summer will be relatively the coolest in so many years considering Vehicles are off the roads.

There are not many customization options here unlike in Miui 10 where several options are there including Theme App downloader.

*** found something ***

Vodafone on Sim 1 with 4G, then I receive a call and the network switches to 3G / Again with Jio the data network cuts off so during calls internet doesn't work. After the call the network switches back to internet network so not really complaining about it however if during a call I want to use the internet like when on a Con Call and I need to receive emails or check something else on the web then I have to use WiFi (which is not always available), so during a call if someone has sent me a WhatsApp message or other chat message then I will need to disconnect the call to check the messages.

Again, do note that Main Data sim will have to be in Sim - 1 only to get the best network, as even though both SIMs support 4G/3G/2G as well as Volte yet only the sim card in Sim 1 will get the best network.

Vodafone on Sim 2 gives a network speed of 5-6 Mbps while as when in Sim 1 the speed jumps past 15 Mbps which I am unable to explain. Same goes with Jio (ofcourse the speed is faster than Vodafone - not yet tested with Airtel).

Also Found:

Everytime I restart the Phone it gets stuck for 2-3 minutes on a message "Updating Android" Optimizing App 1 of 1, and the phone won't boot any further unless this process is not completed. Sometimes it will just sit there for more than 5-6 mins.

Don't update Google app it will start on time.
Is sound recording working?

riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai
Don't update Google app it will start on time.
Is sound recording working?

the Google App gets updated automatically else it won't let me download anything, anyways I can live with it - its not much of an issue. The Voice Call recording is not working, (already reported), the recording starts but when I want to do a playback the audio file sounds like the call is being played in -100x speed (very slow -- extremely slow) cannot even makeout what language it is nor whether its an animal or human trying to communicate.:silly:

sonu779230

Nov 8, 2017
the Google App gets updated automatically else it won't let me download anything, anyways I can live with it - its not much of an issue. The Voice Call recording is not working, (already reported), the recording starts but when I want to do a playback the audio file sounds like the call is being played in -100x speed (very slow -- extremely slow) cannot even makeout what language it is nor whether its an animal or human trying to communicate.:silly:

I'm telling don't update Google apk voice search.
I know all other will update automatically.
About call recorder I'm trying.

Last edited:

riteshpawar

Dec 18, 2012
Mumbai
I'm telling don't update Google apk voice search.
I know all other will update automatically.
About call recorder I'm trying.

Ohh !! Google Voice Search !! :D

Now about the voice recorder ! Don't worry about it -- as such that feature not everyone really uses instead try working on a new ROM like the one that one of the fellow members here suggested "Sony" ROM. That'll be one hell of a challenge to work on.

Also, in the existing Nubia ROM is there any possibility of putting a customization of Buttons ? Maybe you could pull something from RR / MIUI.

Ohh and one more thing ! Yesterday I tried to play PubG Lite on Nubia ROM and the phone heats a lot -- I was using a Thermal sensor and the phone reached 63 degrees after which the phone froze completely. I had to switch OFF the phone and let it cool down before I could start normal operations. Same happens if I am playing Clash of Clans or watching a Video on Amazon Prime or JIO TV.

sonu779230

Nov 8, 2017
Ohh !! Google Voice Search !! :D

Now about the voice recorder ! Don't worry about it -- as such that feature not everyone really uses instead try working on a new ROM like the one that one of the fellow members here suggested "Sony" ROM. That'll be one hell of a challenge to work on.

Also, in the existing Nubia ROM is there any possibility of putting a customization of Buttons ? Maybe you could pull something from RR / MIUI.

Ohh and one more thing ! Yesterday I tried to play PubG Lite on Nubia ROM and the phone heats a lot -- I was using a Thermal sensor and the phone reached 63 degrees after which the phone froze completely. I had to switch OFF the phone and let it cool down before I could start normal operations. Same happens if I am playing Clash of Clans or watching a Video on Amazon Prime or JIO TV.
About customization I can't put other things in framework it will not work.
Heating is because we are using mt6755 4 GB device ROM.
Our chip is lower to handle high process ROM.
About Sony ROM tell to member who is suggested
Give me Sony ROM'S system folder file with boot.img original.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    images

NUBIA OS

Nubia OS ROM for K4 note Ported From mt 6755 Helio P10 Nubia device.
    What's Working
    VoLTE
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Hotspot
    Audio, video
    FP
    FLASH LIGHT
    Everything as normal.

DOWNLOAD ROM
    Link:

Nubia OS version [ Final -Closing Rom] [ 21-10-2020 ]
    Download link:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675568206

ROM OS VERSION= 6.0
    BASED ON =NUBIA OS 4.0
    KERNEL VERSION = STOCK 3.18.19+
    PORTED FROM = NUBIA OS MT 6755 Helio P10
    VERSION = 1.0 FIRST
    PORTED BY = SONU A K
    DATE = 29 August 2019
    Thanks to NUBIA OS .
    Nubia OS Final Update

Nubia OS Final Updated [ 30-10-2019 ]
    See Post #2.
    Thanks for all users for support.❤
    Reserve

NUBIA OS UPDATE
    Nubia OS Version [ Final -10][ 05-05-2020 ]
    First boot only in 30 second.
    Rebuild boot image.
    Intd
    BusyBox
    Zipaling
    Sound mixer improved
    Media codec improved.
    Sound output engine improved.
    More smooth UI zero lag.
    What's new in version 4??
    What about offline charging? Is the clock show correct time in offline charging? I used earlier version and got this like in stock rom.

Yes all working well !
    But miss the FP feature hopefully it comes back soon