NuVision TM800A510L Stuck In Bootloop- Need To Restore To Stock Firmware

Search This thread

NewDogOldTrick

Aug 25, 2015
Restoring Nuvision tablet stuck in boot loop. Can't find firmware.

I have:
My mom's NuVision TM800A510L (similar to Acer Iconia A1-840) stuck in boot loop.
I can get it into fastboot mode, and recovery mode waiting for ADB sideload.
ADB and fastboot recognize the connected device, but commands are ignored by the tablet.
I'm a novice, having once stumbled through a cyanogenmod flash.
Chromebook running Ubuntu, with Android SDK seemingly properly installed.

Goal:
To restore the factory OS, vanilla Android, or an alternate ROM. Anything to get it running.

I've tried:
Wiping cache, factory reset.
Can't find factory or custom rom anywhere. Customer service refused to provide it.
Following tutorials to bake a custom rom. They all seem to require a system for the tablet to start from. Creating one from scratch is over my head, unless there is a simple step-by-step somewhere.
Pulling partitions from tablet (failed command)
Pushing / flashing / SD boot of ROM for the Acer version of the tablet (format not recognized)

Does anyone happen to have the update.zip for this Nuvision device I can simply sideload? Or anything else I can try?

Specs from site's NuVision manual:
ScreenSize:8.0”Capacitive
DisplayType:IPS.Multi-Touch with Auto-Rotation
Resolution:1280x800.
OperatingSystem:Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Processor:Intel 1.8GHz QuadCore (intel atom z3735g)
System RAM:1GB DDR3
StorageInternal:16GB(TM800A510L),32GB(TM800A520L) +64GB SD card
Cameras:2MPFront;2MPRear
Wi-Fi:802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth
Inputs:microUSB,3.5mmHeadphoneJack,DC5V
Battery:HighCapacity4000mAhLithium-Polymer

Reactions: Minset

Godlike12

Jul 22, 2015
You can try flashing its stock rom with sp tools..download the rom from needrom.com and pm me for further instructions

Reactions: iminking

DaniRainbow

Nov 10, 2015
You can try flashing its stock rom with sp tools..download the rom from needrom.com and pm me for further instructions

needrom does not have the rom for this model.

I have the same problem. I'm trying to use the ADB to make a ROM from what is on the tablet, but so far the only thing I can get to work ADB wise is the sideload, and that does me no good without a ROM :p

Reactions: iminking

newbie1045

Dec 18, 2016
Did anyone ever find a fix for a dead nuvision TM800A510L tablet? Customer service at nuvision is USELESS!

iminking

Nov 27, 2018
Thanx unidave199

i have a similar problem on mine but its newer
it looks like a MacBookPro turned into a tablet but
its a NuVision tablet operating on Android 5 point something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At last... an answer!!

Here is the link that will finally walk you through a recovery plan!!!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/nuvision-tm800a510l-info-root-recovery-t3471186
    Restoring Nuvision tablet stuck in boot loop. Can't find firmware.

I have:
    My mom's NuVision TM800A510L (similar to Acer Iconia A1-840) stuck in boot loop.
    I can get it into fastboot mode, and recovery mode waiting for ADB sideload.
    ADB and fastboot recognize the connected device, but commands are ignored by the tablet.
    I'm a novice, having once stumbled through a cyanogenmod flash.
    Chromebook running Ubuntu, with Android SDK seemingly properly installed.

Goal:
    To restore the factory OS, vanilla Android, or an alternate ROM. Anything to get it running.

I've tried:
    Wiping cache, factory reset.
    Can't find factory or custom rom anywhere. Customer service refused to provide it.
    Following tutorials to bake a custom rom. They all seem to require a system for the tablet to start from. Creating one from scratch is over my head, unless there is a simple step-by-step somewhere.
    Pulling partitions from tablet (failed command)
    Pushing / flashing / SD boot of ROM for the Acer version of the tablet (format not recognized)

Does anyone happen to have the update.zip for this Nuvision device I can simply sideload? Or anything else I can try?

Specs from site's NuVision manual:
    ScreenSize:8.0”Capacitive
    DisplayType:IPS.Multi-Touch with Auto-Rotation
    Resolution:1280x800.
    OperatingSystem:Android 4.4.2 KitKat
    Processor:Intel 1.8GHz QuadCore (intel atom z3735g)
    System RAM:1GB DDR3
    StorageInternal:16GB(TM800A510L),32GB(TM800A520L) +64GB SD card
    Cameras:2MPFront;2MPRear
    Wi-Fi:802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth
    Inputs:microUSB,3.5mmHeadphoneJack,DC5V
    Battery:HighCapacity4000mAhLithium-Polymer

needrom does not have the rom for this model.

I have the same problem. I'm trying to use the ADB to make a ROM from what is on the tablet, but so far the only thing I can get to work ADB wise is the sideload, and that does me no good without a ROM :p