NV ram error. Imei null

Search This thread

magnumoZeus

Try the same as Mark Yngell Kate, the same ROM, maybe it works.
You are a god damn genius, thanks to you my sim is working now on rui2/rui3
But it's not working on crdroid v9.0 a13(will try other roms),

but the issue now is as soon as I turn off the wifi, signals are lost again, it's only working on wifi calling,
And the crdroid v9.0a13 doesn't support wifi calling so that might have been the reason.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
You are a god damn genius, thanks to you my sim is working now on rui2/rui3
But it's not working on crdroid v9.0 a13(will try other roms),

but the issue now is as soon as I turn off the wifi, signals are lost again, it's only working on wifi calling,
And the crdroid v9.0a13 doesn't support wifi calling so that might have been the reason.
View attachment 5801607
Flash the latest stock update as a base, and then try the latest ROM on RMX6785 development, it picks up the better from the shared devices in same line of processor.

I, also, flashed, in order to fix some things, the ROM for Realme Narzo 20 Pro, notice that it has the same update for both https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update but better search for newer updates than the official site offer for.

magnumoZeus

Flash the latest stock update as a base, and then try the latest ROM on RMX6785 development, it picks up the better from the shared devices in same line of processor.
On it now, will also test out different situations,
Meanwhile @Mark Yngell Kate does your sim work with wifi off?

UPDATE:
can't flash custom rom because
after flashing RUI3.0 i am unable to boot into recovery mode neither stock nor custom recovery.
error = serial is not match fastboot unlock verify fail.
i can boot into stock recovery using fastboot cmd after booting into RUI3 but at that point custom recovery is replaced by stock one.
any suggestion??

Last edited:

magnumoZeus

I fixed all (download not complete, data partition corrupted, camera not working, Wi-Fi disconnecting randomly, baseband, and, I don't remember what more), less the IMEIs.

No, IMEI/s are not necessary to make calls, unless by some reason, some OEM, edit specific script or a specific app, to slave both, and this is not the case, I guess.
To make calls only, you need a baseband working. IMEI is used for other purpose/s, linked to personal finance security or anti-criminal measures, of course, without counting, politics for production handset line.

Using this tool https://mtktool.com/modemmeta-v10-2044-0-02 I had 99% of success, all the stages were fine, only the part of write IMEI, was not successful.

It could sound childish, but be sure your device can enter in meta mode, only using meta mode, the modem can be written, or at least, attempted to. Some builds allow sending device to meta mode, only using terminal through android itself, with reboot meta You have to check in device manager, which port number is updated, after to connect your device to PC.

IMEI, never, won't be recovered only by flashing an update nor upgrade, I mean, no firmware can recover the IMEI, only the baseband can be recovered this way, and then proceed by any other method to recover the IMEI.
Tried modem meta Today, successfully connected but same as you
imei download tool fails to even read the imei, let alone write,

However There is another tool in the drop-down menu, ("nvram editor") it is able to read the imei from device(target) db.
when I searched for "imei" it showed some folder named ""imei_svn"" something like that..
Under those there were file from imei(0)-imei(7) two more with value FF FF FF........FF i thik if we edit those and save that somehow it'll work..

I Tried to write it but the nvram seems to have no effect on it, like it's mounted as read only ..

Mark Yngell Kate

Jul 1, 2022
On it now, will also test out different situations,
Meanwhile @Mark Yngell Kate does your sim work with wifi off?

UPDATE:
can't flash custom rom because
after flashing RUI3.0 i am unable to boot into recovery mode neither stock nor custom recovery.
error = serial is not match fastboot unlock verify fail.
i can boot into stock recovery using fastboot cmd after booting into RUI3 but at that point custom recovery is replaced by stock one.
any suggestion??
then flash another rom

magnumoZeus

then flash another rom
Here is a ss from same roms as you(nasustra v4.9 RUI1 as base) ,I also tried v4.1 v4.2 v5.1, crdroid lastest a13, RUI1 RUI2 RUI3....
The sim only works in RUI2 AND RUI3 that also only on wifi calling,
Can you check is there any file by the name of "sim_lock" in /nvdata/md>.

Can you also backup your nvdata folder from recovery and share it with me, i wonder what I am doing wrong..

Also did you flash your custom rom on RUI1 OR RUI2 as base??

Screenshot_20230106-011830_Settings.png

Mark Yngell Kate

Jul 1, 2022
Here is a ss from same roms as you(nasustra v4.9 RUI1 as base) ,I also tried v4.1 v4.2 v5.1, crdroid lastest a13, RUI1 RUI2 RUI3....
The sim only works in RUI2 AND RUI3 that also only on wifi calling,
Can you check is there any file by the name of "sim_lock" in /nvdata/md>.

Can you also backup your nvdata folder from recovery and share it with me, i wonder what I am doing wrong..

Also did you flash your custom rom on RUI1 OR RUI2 as base??

View attachment 5802707
i flashed realme ui 1 in sp flash tool for the twrp custom recovery to work, then i installed nusantara android 11 and then after android 11, I installed nusantara android 12 also when i delete the nvram folder i have seen the sim lock file

magnumoZeus

i flashed realme ui 1 in sp flash tool for the twrp custom recovery to work, then i installed nusantara android 11 and then after android 11, I installed nusantara android 12 also when i delete the nvram folder i have seen the sim lock file
ohky, thanks
i tried the same, looks like in India imei has been made mandatory to connect to sim network,
every time i insert a sim card notification panel says "sim 1/2 not allowed"..
Screenshot_20230106-062006_Settings.png

anyways i suggest you edit your thread and put [SOLVED] in the title " https://xdaforums.com/t/realme-7-rmx2151-baseband-imei-null-camera-not-working.4493395/unread ".
and its >mount>nvdata, not "data" correct that also... details matter..

Last edited:

Mark Yngell Kate

Jul 1, 2022
ohky, thanks
i tried the same, looks like in India imei has been made mandatory to connect to sim network,
View attachment 5804449

anyways i suggest you edit your thread and put [SOLVED] in the title " https://xdaforums.com/t/realme-7-rmx2151-baseband-imei-null-camera-not-working.4493395/unread ".
my bad

Reactions: magnumoZeus

magnumoZeus

Hi I'm from Colombia, I don't speak English well, I was asking you if that applies to the c3 realme, I also need your help, I try to open the fastboot on my phone and it comes out (the serial is no match, fastboot unlock verify failed)
Hi,
Yes it works for realme C3,
Fastboot mode does not work well for these devices,
You have to use bootrom mode to flash twrp, stock rom.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
ohky, thanks
View attachment 5804449

I saw in other thread that various here, are joining too, that a guy solved the IMEI issue, if you still are facing the issue.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I've tried it but still haven't installed recovery, I've done it with the sp flash tool, although if I've done it incorrectly I recommend that I do
The tittle in the thread is about IMEI lost and NVRAM issue related with. What do you want to do onto your device right now? Unlock it?, Which method are you using?

magnumoZeus

I saw in other thread that various here, are joining too, that a guy solved the IMEI issue, if you still are facing the issue.
can you link that thread, i haven't found any thread with imei solution,
i did once used chameleon phone apk to write fake imei with root, but that fix did not work, (upon reset, imei was again gone)
also it only worked on low level androids, doesn't work android 11,12,13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SPFT = SmartPhone Flash Tool.

Donglbox »» KS Tools (?)

ENG ROM = Engineering ROM

From what I know, there is not an ENG ROM available for this device, unless in the technician community, they share a dumped ROM, among them, but not for public.
    Exactly, that's what I thought
    Hi everyone. My phone is null with IMEI after the format all and update. In order to rewrite the IMEI with SN tool. I need help from you guys. MD1-DB and AP-DB files for MTK6785 realme 7 rmx2151 files. can some1 help me to get this file. OR any alternative tool to write IMEI number? I have my original IMEI. Help me @xda developers..
    Many of us, are in the same boat, no way to recover as of now, it seems that newer MTK devices do inaccessible the partition where’s IMEI is placed. If someone knows some solution, can share here.

If you had made a backup, you could restore it though, not totally sure if it can be re-written this way though.

There are other files called data apart the ofp file that can't be flashed using SP Flash tool, these are -I guess- for calibration, and could allow recovering them.
    To recover the baseband you should flash any RM6785 ROM, for IMEI, no luck with it.
    finally found a database for mt6785 for SN tool. use Original IMEI.. i am not responsible for any activity. Do it with your own Risk. password= pacha123
    Thanks, but these files are available in the ROM for R7, SN Write tool needs DB and AP files, these files used to be found in other devices with MTK, anyway SN Write tool doesn't recognize properly the device, and the result is always "fail", it seems that this device needs something like a permissive kernel to pass, not completely sure though.
    Mer, can you help me about mtk-client, i found CMD version in "Github" or exécutable version,witch version i get, and setup to instal TWRP and Thank you for your recent help.
    your welcome,
    you can follow this tutorial here :