• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nvidia has PAUSED OREO UPDATE for Shield TV!

Search This thread

wanabi

Nov 28, 2009
Toulon
Me too receive it (France)
Someone have issue with Play next ?
He's empty and I can't add nothing or i don't really understand how it works

RED ZMAN

I joined the preview program a few weeks ago when they tried to do the initial release and got the Oreo update yesterday. Everything seems to be working great here. I actually like the new launcher over the old one considerably. Now I only have the apps I want on the main page and you can reorder the apps in the app drawer too. The YouTube channel sucks because you can't put your subscriptions on there or your watch later which should be an option. Most of the rest of them are perfectly fine.

dburckh

Jan 26, 2011
I was one of the people with "a few issues" I updated mine last night and now I can't get past the Android boot screen (the 4 animated circles). Waited for 2 hours. I'm hoping I can get it into fastboot and FDR it.

mysterywire

Sep 7, 2017
New upgrade is CRAP, stay away and save your work

I HATE this update. It's ugly, like a return to Windows 3.1. There are fewer choices for what and where I can locate things on the desktop. I get one bar where I can put MY stuff, but YouTube and other commercial crap get front and center. I bought the Nvidia Shield TV so why don't I get the right to the real estate?

To initiate a restart, you now have to go to About and drill down to accomplish that. Every addon now takes 2 clicks instead of the previous 1 click. I also get the silly Android circles stuck at boot-up and I have to pull the power cord out to restart to get to desktop. Terrible, terrible desktop layout and menu function is haphazard.

I'm so sorry to have let this one into my unit. :mad: :mad:

lulzyatlas

Mar 10, 2015
I'd highly recommend avoiding this like a plague, stripped the device of useful features and introduced dozens of bugs and eyesores. If you don't have the update, don't get it.

Reactions: JinxTheCat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New upgrade is CRAP, stay away and save your work

I HATE this update. It's ugly, like a return to Windows 3.1. There are fewer choices for what and where I can locate things on the desktop. I get one bar where I can put MY stuff, but YouTube and other commercial crap get front and center. I bought the Nvidia Shield TV so why don't I get the right to the real estate?

To initiate a restart, you now have to go to About and drill down to accomplish that. Every addon now takes 2 clicks instead of the previous 1 click. I also get the silly Android circles stuck at boot-up and I have to pull the power cord out to restart to get to desktop. Terrible, terrible desktop layout and menu function is haphazard.

I'm so sorry to have let this one into my unit. :mad: :mad:
    I'd highly recommend avoiding this like a plague, stripped the device of useful features and introduced dozens of bugs and eyesores. If you don't have the update, don't get it.