Nvidia Shield Experience 7.1 Coming

Search This thread

jionny

Aug 23, 2013
The latest NVIDIA Shield TV early access release brings Shield Experience to version 7.1.
Although the update doesn’t bring Android 8.1 Oreo, it does bring 120Hz support and screen recording via NVIDIA Share.
The 7.1 update is in early access at the moment and will thus likely get a wide release in the next month or so.

Rather, Shield Experience 7.1 is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo but it brings (or brings back) a lot of features that should get all Shield TV owners excited. Keep in mind, this update is rolling out to early access users only; the stable build of 7.1 likely will roll out in a month or so.

EDITOR'S PICK
Nvidia’s GeForce Now cloud gaming service comes to the Shield
The biggest update with Shield Experience 7.1 is the addition of support for 120Hz monitors and televisions. If you have a TV or monitor that is capable of 120Hz refresh rates, your NVIDIA Shield TV will work with it to show exceptionally smooth gameplay.

You’ll now be able to record that smooth gameplay with NVIDIA Share, which is screen recording/screenshot software that lets you share your images and video

Last edited:

npobu3op

Sep 12, 2018
Hello. I want to downgrade from 7.1 to 7.0.2 is it possible and where can I find instruction to do this?
Nvidia shield 2015 16gb

ricflairandy

Mar 9, 2009
Thanks, I’ll hold off. I’ve been getting the odd random static pop sound and was hoping it would fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jionny

Aug 23, 2013
Just downloaded developer pro image 7.1 and flashed via flashfire pro, everything went well took about 10 min between flashing and optimizing app

mLgz0rn

Jan 4, 2016
Copenhagen
Just downloaded developer pro image 7.1 and flashed via flashfire pro, everything went well took about 10 min between flashing and optimizing app
Did you do anything special in flashfire? I cannot get it to work on mine.
Screen goes black, and after about 5 mins the shield just reboots itself.

Edit:
Nvm, I just did it the old fashion way with fastboot!

Last edited:

jionny

Aug 23, 2013
Did you do anything special in flashfire? I cannot get it to work on mine.
Screen goes black, and after about 5 mins the shield just reboots itself.

Edit:
Nvm, I just did it the old fashion way with fastboot!

it will only work with flashfire pro since the free version has a date restriction because it is no longer developed

mLgz0rn

Jan 4, 2016
Copenhagen
it will only work with flashfire pro since the free version has a date restriction because it is no longer developed

I do have the pro version, but the screen just goes instantly black when i choose flash, and then nothing else, untill the shield itself decides to reboot :D.
But I got it working fine the other way, didnt take long.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest NVIDIA Shield TV early access release brings Shield Experience to version 7.1.
    Although the update doesn’t bring Android 8.1 Oreo, it does bring 120Hz support and screen recording via NVIDIA Share.
    The 7.1 update is in early access at the moment and will thus likely get a wide release in the next month or so.

Rather, Shield Experience 7.1 is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo but it brings (or brings back) a lot of features that should get all Shield TV owners excited. Keep in mind, this update is rolling out to early access users only; the stable build of 7.1 likely will roll out in a month or so.

EDITOR'S PICK
    Nvidia’s GeForce Now cloud gaming service comes to the Shield
    The biggest update with Shield Experience 7.1 is the addition of support for 120Hz monitors and televisions. If you have a TV or monitor that is capable of 120Hz refresh rates, your NVIDIA Shield TV will work with it to show exceptionally smooth gameplay.

You’ll now be able to record that smooth gameplay with NVIDIA Share, which is screen recording/screenshot software that lets you share your images and video