NVME partition for ALP-L29 (backup)

manager77

May 30, 2009
Hi guys!
Can someone with Mate 10 ALP-L29 model to make a backup his phone's NVME and modem partition? I need this because l was hardbricked and l messed up with my NVME partition(lost). Thank you!

Please run this command with an external sd, and send me the resulting file:

dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/nvme of=/external_sd/backup/nvme.img

####If you don't have external sd...
Please try something like:
(from computer with debugging turned on)
adb shell
su
(approve root request on phone)
mkdir /sdcard/backup
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/nvme of=/sdcard/backup/nvme.img

@and for modem:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/modemnvm_backup of=/sdcard/backup/modemnvm_backup.img
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/modemnvm_img of=/sdcard/backup/modemnvm_img.img
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/modemnvm_system of=/sdcard/backup/modemnvm_system.img

OR,

Always with ROOT on mate 10 you can backup partition with Google Play market app : Partitions Backup & Restore 2.0.1 APK.

I need a all files NV:
Modemnvn_bakup
Modemnvm_factory
Modemnvm_system, etc.

I promise not to use your information or to make it public, and the file will be used only for my phone to make it work again

Last edited:

revjamescarver

Sep 23, 2012
Tucson
NVME

Hi guys!
Can someone with Mate 10 ALP-L29 model to make a backup his phone's NVME and modem partition? I need this because l was hardbricked and l messed up with my NVME partition(lost). Thank you!

Please run this command with an external sd, and send me the resulting file:

dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/nvme of=/external_sd/backup/nvme.img

####If you don't have external sd...
Please try something like:
(from computer with debugging turned on)
adb shell
su
(approve root request on phone)
mkdir /sdcard/backup
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/nvme of=/sdcard/backup/nvme.img

@and for modem:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/modemnvm_backup of=/sdcard/backup/modemnvm_backup.img
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/modemnvm_img of=/sdcard/backup/modemnvm_img.img
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/modemnvm_system of=/sdcard/backup/modemnvm_system.img

OR,

Always with ROOT on mate 10 you can backup partition with Google Play market app : Partitions Backup & Restore 2.0.1 APK.

I need a all files NV:
Modemnvn_bakup
Modemnvm_factory
Modemnvm_system, etc.

I promise not to use your information or to make it public, and the file will be used only for my phone to make it work again
So in other words you need all the information that would be required to clone someones phone. I doubt that a "promise" would be sufficient. Just using their backups would basically be cloning their device and using their information.

manager77

May 30, 2009
So in other words you need all the information that would be required to clone someones phone. I doubt that a "promise" would be sufficient. Just using their backups would basically be cloning their device and using their information.
At first sight seems to be something like that... but is not my intention to have a functional phone which is a clone. If my phone will work again with NV partition from other same model l will continue to find a way to restore back my phone.... I am not a pirate lol ????

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
At first sight seems to be something like that... but is not my intention to have a functional phone which is a clone. If my phone will work again with NV partition from other same model l will continue to find a way to restore back my phone.... I am not a pirate lol ????
You would have to rewrite it using HCU, but that only works on firmware prior to June 2018. I have done this when I too messed with my NVME. NVME on Mate 10+ is encrypted and can't be edited without decrypting it first (I guess)

I have a mate 10 Pro and I don't think my NVME would be great for your phone :p

Reactions: manager77

manager77

May 30, 2009
You would have to rewrite it using HCU, but that only works on firmware prior to June 2018. I have done this when I too messed with my NVME. NVME on Mate 10+ is encrypted and can't be edited without decrypting it first (I guess)

I have a mate 10 Pro and I don't think my NVME would be great for your phone :p
HCU client works only with xloader01 firmwares. I am on xloader02 and for now nothing seems to be working. I tried today with sigma key too... but it doesn't work either. Chinese firmwares are all xloader01, Evan Android 8.1. (f''king chinese???)
About NV partition l think mate 10 and mate 10 pro should have the same one. I not sure it will work but l can give it a try if you help me( nothing to lose)

In fastboot mode after fastboot oem get-psid command.... it shows me in cmd my 2 imeis and serial number. But in normal mode l have 0000000 imei and with no services... and NCK prompt with sim!

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
HCU client works only with xloader01 firmwares. I am on xloader02 and for now nothing seems to be working. I tried today with sigma key too... but it doesn't work either. Chinese firmwares are all xloader01, Evan Android 8.1. (f''king chinese???)
About NV partition l think mate 10 and mate 10 pro should have the same one. I not sure it will work but l can give it a try if you help me( nothing to lose)

In fastboot mode after fastboot oem get-psid command.... it shows me in cmd my 2 imeis and serial number. But in normal mode l have 0000000 imei and with no services... and NCK prompt with sim!
Yep, I know that. But it didn't work on, for example, C432B145 either which was Xloader 01. So it was patched before the new bootloader was introduced :)
It may have the same NVME/modems. I flashed NV partitions from a BLA-L09 and mine is a L29. After this it turned into L09, and gained the IMEI/IMEI2 and serial of the donor phone. This was easily fixable in HCU though... But it's up to you. If you were up to no good it should only block the imei/imei2 on the network you use the phone on. And besides, I will probably switch to another brand soon. It seems Huawei patched something else now in latest Pie for C432 so you can't boot with a custom kernel (Built directly from their source without modifications, tried both COL and BKL source). It was fine on the build prior to this new one. I like disabling most of their kernel logging and **** which they seem to need for some reason. Can't disable all as kernel won't build then and I'm not in the mood of trying to completely remove it :p
Going to test signing it if avb is causing problems, it hasn't before but you never know with Huawei...

In fastboot it shows the info that's in OEMINFO. In booted mode it loads the info from modem.
But I will send you a pm in a bit.

revjamescarver

Sep 23, 2012
Tucson
NV partitions

At first sight seems to be something like that... but is not my intention to have a functional phone which is a clone. If my phone will work again with NV partition from other same model l will continue to find a way to restore back my phone.... I am not a pirate lol
The NV partitions contain the IMEI, ESN, and serial numbers along with other information, using those partitions to bring your phone back from the dead is cloning the phone, weather that is your intent or not. The only way to do it without "cloning" is to edit the information in the "donated" partition so that the information would be the same as the the information in your original partitions. You have to change the IMEI, ESN, serial number, and modem id numbers.

manager77

May 30, 2009
The NV partitions contain the IMEI, ESN, and serial numbers along with other information, using those partitions to bring your phone back from the dead is cloning the phone, weather that is your intent or not. The only way to do it without "cloning" is to edit the information in the "donated" partition so that the information would be the same as the the information in your original partitions. You have to change the IMEI, ESN, serial number, and modem id numbers.
"edit the information in the "donated" partition "..... where is that?

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Thanks! I restored with Partition Backup and Restore all 3 partition that you upload here. But nothing is change for me... I mean l am in the same situation. I guess l need all modem partitions like in this pic:
I was just checking my logs and I had to flash modemnvm_backup, modemnvm_cust, modemnvm_fw, modemnvm_img from BLA-L09 when fixing my device. But, after flashing those I would get No service. SIM was recognized. I had to restore my imeis/serial using HCU. After this it would switch between No service and my network rapidly. After this I did a factory reset in stock recovery and that solved it.
I'm not sure it was due to it being L09 modem and my device was L29 or something else, but HCU seems to be key to getting it back. I guess you could try downgrading partitions manually to pre-june firmware, all but xloader and fastboot. Downgrading xloader would only cause a brick and fastboot might too.

I guess you would also have to have a phone that boots to system, which I'm not sure yours does.
I could only use fastboot when this happened to me.

Last edited:

manager77

May 30, 2009
I was just checking my logs and I had to flash modemnvm_backup, modemnvm_cust, modemnvm_fw, modemnvm_img from BLA-L09 when fixing my device. But, after flashing those I would get No service. SIM was recognized. I had to restore my imeis/serial using HCU. After this it would switch between No service and my network rapidly. After this I did a factory reset in stock recovery and that solved it.
I'm not sure it was due to it being L09 modem and my device was L29 or something else, but HCU seems to be key to getting it back. I guess you could try downgrading partitions manually to pre-june firmware, all but xloader and fastboot. Downgrading xloader would only cause a brick and fastboot might too.

I guess you would also have to have a phone that boots to system, which I'm not sure yours does.
I could only use fastboot when this happened to me.
My phone works in all modes: normal, fastboot, erecovery, recovery. Only problem is 0000000 imei and no services