O2 firmware for P20 pro for WiFi calling??

Search This thread

scoobydoo101

Apr 12, 2021
Hi there, I recently left EE and kept my Huawei P20 pro phone which they unlocked for me, I joined O2 on a sim only contract, but stupidly never thought to check if the wifi calling would still work for this phone on O2. I've contacted O2 to try activate WiFi calling on my account and I can see its been added to my account, but can't see the option on my phone settings. I have been reading many sites and posts that it won't work unless my phone has the correct O2 firmware on it. Can someone confirm if this is true and if so, does anyone have the correct firmware for this and how to install it too, as I am really missing wifi calling and texts while I am away at work offshore with no phone signal!! It's a P20 pro CLT-L09. Thanks for any help you can give me, kind regards, Andy

adamdvd

I don't think WiFi Calling will work on P20 Pro on O2. When I've been using it, it had no option to turn the WiFi Calling on. In Huawei, it always depends on the generic software version (basically, there is no branding). But, if O2 haven't certified this option, it won't be available. Is P20 Pro on the O2 list of capable devices?

scoobydoo101

Apr 12, 2021
Yeah it's on the list on the website, it seems to be a common question to O2 but no one get a good reply with a solution. I'll attach a screen shot of the ifo on their website. I think my issue was that my phone was locked to EE and WiFi calling worked with the EE simcard in, but its now unlocked with an O2 sim card in it and no wifi calling available, so really hoping someone has the O2 firmware available that I can install onto the phone fingers crossed to save having to buy a new phone from O2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413_055637_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413_055637_com.android.chrome.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 4
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone