O2 XDA II Mini Windows 6.5 upgrade?

Search This thread

chansthename

May 26, 2007
well after trying out 6.5.1 on a diamond, there is nothing more to 6.5 over 6.1, the only things that are not bad is having the start menu on the bottom along with the close button (I also like the pulse (vibrate) when the start button is pressed). also showcase is pretty good for managing running programs.

WRT to album, no it is not there anymore but you can get external programs for photo viewing, there are a few good ones here on XDA.

BTW he as wondering the minimum specs for running 6.5 not the specs of the magician.

Balcanian

Dec 3, 2009
I'm sure that Cotulla will make it for the Magician 64MB. He'll modify 6.5 and do the things which only he knows. :D

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
I'm sure that Cotulla will make it for the Magician 64MB. He'll modify 6.5 and do the things which only he knows.
:D

yes, I have some plans. Yes, amount of free RAM is main problem.
Here two solutions - main idea to use SD card as user store (like in Motorolla MPX200)

another - to fit user data and os into whole 64 ram :cool:
new roms will have extra ~5 mb of free ram which is very good for 64 mb devices. at the end maybe possible something like: 20 mb of free memory for programs, 5 mb memory for user data....

I think it's good to make this rom only for Magician64 devices, on Magician128 this rom will be more slow, so no reasons to run it there :p

Honestly, I like 65 on my Magician128. It's very fast on 208 Mhz :p Other devices (XDA Flame for example) very slow on it :(

Last edited:

dravik

Mar 7, 2008
:D

yes, I have some plans. Yes, amount of free RAM is main problem.
Here two solutions - main idea to use SD card as user store (like in Motorolla MPX200)

another - to fit user data and os into whole 64 ram :cool:
new roms will have extra ~5 mb of free ram which is very good for 64 mb devices. at the end maybe possible something like: 20 mb of free memory for programs, 5 mb memory for user data....

I think it's good to make this rom only for Magician64 devices, on Magician128 this rom will be more slow, so no reasons to run it there :p

Honestly, I like 65 on my Magician128. It's very fast on 208 Mhz :p Other devices (XDA Flame for example) very slow on it :(

Wow,, This sounds realy good. I think the main idea is the best option, but isn't it a problem that the os start before the sd card starts.., I mean.., When I put an program on my sd card to run at startup it wont work...,

I check XDA over 5 times a day,, just because I cant wait for you awesome roms:) Thanks for all the good work.

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
Wow,, This sounds realy good. I think the main idea is the best option, but isn't it a problem that the os start before the sd card starts.., I mean.., When I put an program on my sd card to run at startup it wont work...,
It's another level - low level...
after bootloader I can do anything that I want.

I think SD card will have special data area at start, where will be stored ID of device and another information.
but this will break ability to use SD card with card-readers :(

ha ha,I have used MPX200 for many years until it died.
so you already experienced :D
btw how big power consumption it have?
It can be big problems in S roms.

Last edited:

dravik

Mar 7, 2008
It's another level - low level...
after bootloader I can do anything that I want.

I think SD card will have special data area at start, where will be stored ID of device and another information.
but this will break ability to use SD card with card-readers :(

so you already experienced :D
btw how big power consumption it have?
It can be big problems in S roms.

What about placing all the programs like file-explorer and calculator,, homescreen etc.., on the sd card.., Just by installing a cab file.., remove all those programs from the rom file.., and maby it fits? Just the main os on the mainstorage.

chansthename

May 26, 2007
personally I myself have nearly all apps installed on my card anyway, maybe we could have must have apps on the main memory and then have cabs for all other programs to install to the SD card.

So stuff like internet sharing, office mobile and all that other stuff that only a few people use are avaiable as cabs for those that want it but only the absolute must programs (phone, messaging, and that is about it) are included as part of the rom.

EDIT: just read what the above post says and that is what I am thinking as well, although file explorer needs to be in main mem.

chinmayparashar

Dec 11, 2009
please some one help me-----
i want to upgrade my o2 xda mini 2 (limited edition).
current details.,-
\ wm 2003 se
\ radio 1.12.00
\ rom verson-1.12.00 wwe
\ ram is 64 mb
i wanna upgrade to wm 6.1.......
i dont know any thing....how to do it....
cotulla help.,,.

Oct 22, 2009
please some one help me-----
i want to upgrade my o2 xda mini 2 (limited edition).
current details.,-
\ wm 2003 se
\ radio 1.12.00
\ rom verson-1.12.00 wwe
\ ram is 64 mb
i wanna upgrade to wm 6.1.......
i dont know any thing....how to do it....
cotulla help.,,.

just try to search over the forum... all is there to guide u how to do upgrade it by step by step ...

dravik

Mar 7, 2008
Any news Cot? Always there to try a beta version. got an SD card with me over here.

Reedim

Oct 19, 2009
hi guys, can ahy1 post me a rom with camera realese???

norbi24. cotulla says camera will be in generation 10 (if you look at his signature you can see it) there was released the last rom based on g9.

and in our language
norbi24: ha te is magyar vagy szívesen segítek. küldj üzenetet ha kell segítség.:D

fajarwawa

Mar 8, 2010
gresik
Need help for my XDA II mini

Hi all,
i need your help, my xda ii mini was lost all program :(, how to re install again? :confused:
i didn't know what ROM and other device, please help me cause its only my stuff..:mad:

thanks guys..

MisterEffiks

Oct 23, 2008
Loebau/Saxony
Hi,

just run the installer files (mostly *.cab) from your favourite programs again... but remember, all you private data (SMS, contacts...) are erased if you not have a backup.

So long,
MrFX

khawar4m

Apr 9, 2010
i need your kind helo

Hello! I have an O2 XDA II Mini phone which originally came with Windows Mobile 2003 OS, and the specs are 64 MB RAM and 416 Mhz CPU. I've recently installed Windows Mobile 6.1 on it and suprisingly it works perfectly. So my question is, does my Pocket PC meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows Mobile 6.5, when knowing the fact that Windows Mobile 6.1 works fast and stable? Thanks!

i have o2 XDA II and it has window 2003 on it , i want to upgrade its windows to 5 or 6.1 as you did. but i don't know how to do , can you please tell me what to do. i have upgrade its radio version. and downloaded windows 5 but i did not find any way to install it. please help . you can mail me at khawar4m at gmail.com

Top Liked Posts