• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

O2UK Official Froyo update now available via Kies

Search This thread

psp888

Apr 29, 2010
great. can you check if you can put UK postcodes into the contracts address, and see if the Gallery sensor drains the battery. use *#*#4636#*#* to get into battery stats

ordinaryboy

Oct 15, 2010
London
When it came out on vodofone on monday, so many people had problems with kies it was un believable. Going by the vodafone forum we're talking 10's of 000's
And why does a company the size of samsung only have one server location for the whole world??
I wish all o2 customers good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

amwebby

Aug 17, 2010
Thorpe Bay
www.amoc.org
I just upgraded to this and it's great. I had previously used the reg hack to upgrade to JPO and suffered lag problems and found Exchange on the default email app to be unusable.

Now, on JP5 and there are no lags and the email app is working fine. GPS lock is faster too.

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
I just upgraded to this and it's great. I had previously used the reg hack to upgrade to JPO and suffered lag problems and found Exchange on the default email app to be unusable.

Now, on JP5 and there are no lags and the email app is working fine. GPS lock is faster too.

I am JPO as well, might give this a whirl, i need to make sure that the speedmod kernel works with this first.

psp888

Apr 29, 2010
Using the Kies hack.

I did the reg hack to put JPO onto my o2 branded handset. Is it really worth putting on the offical o2 rom on, is it really that different speed wise?
can you check your sensor battery usage after opening the gallery and see if it constantly uses the sensor even after the gallery has been closed for a while.
use *#*#4636#*#*

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
I did the reg hack to put JPO onto my o2 branded handset. Is it really worth putting on the offical o2 rom on, is it really that different speed wise?
can you check your sensor battery usage after opening the gallery and see if it constantly uses the sensor even after the gallery has been closed for a while.
use *#*#4636#*#*

I thought i would just put it on to try it (no data or settings were wiped), i have just rooted it and i am gonna put the speedmod kernel on shortly, then i'll test it for a few days.

Looks like the sensor is constantly being used, opened it up to check history a few times and the time has gone up every time, even with gallery closed.

amwebby

Aug 17, 2010
Thorpe Bay
www.amoc.org
After initially running better JP5 has rapidly deteriorated, with lags and force closes, including system force close, which I've never seen before. Seriously thinking of reverting to JPO

amwebby

Aug 17, 2010
Thorpe Bay
www.amoc.org
I have disabled notifications and all lags and force closes have disappeared. Sad really but it dies appear to be the most problematic aspect of Android and has always been erratic. Previously Facebook and Twiiter

Yz_MCR

Oct 2, 2010
Manchester
Finally it's out !! yaaa :D
but why I can't see the information of my old FW and the new one ? :confused:
I think Samsung's servers are Choking haha :p
I hope I can upgrade at midnight when no one is upgrading :)

maccas99

Sep 16, 2010
I upgraded yesterday via Kies. Worked fine, no problems.

I'm finding the performance is good, no lag, no hangs etc There are new icons and new options such as turning off packet data which is very handy when you are in a location that has poor 3G signal.

Overall after a day I would say there is no drama but I'll have to wait a while to see if there is any real improvements.

BTW I've got a boggo standard handset that is O2 branded.

Cheers

forcedv

Mar 7, 2006
Just done the O2 firmware update (can't do any other firmware flash due to 3 button combo not working) and all want well........[bold]BUT[/bold] the GPS no longer works properly.

While on 2.1, it was excellent, but now it's slow at getting locks and most of the time my position is way off.

Can't be a hardware issue because it was great on 2.1.

How do we fix this (not having the 3 button combo restricts me from a lot of other options)?

Emexrulsier

Oct 27, 2008
great. can you check if you can put UK postcodes into the contracts address, and see if the Gallery sensor drains the battery. use *#*#4636#*#* to get into battery stats

Just checked mine it does not allow UK postcodes the tag is "Zip Code" and only allows Numeric values and Yes the Gallary sensory is the higest of the barrery usage under history.

Like many after installing 2.2 I had to do s factory reset. I had speed issues and my email client would stop responding and force close after update.

allotrios

Sep 20, 2010
Just done the O2 firmware update (can't do any other firmware flash due to 3 button combo not working) and all want well........[bold]BUT[/bold] the GPS no longer works properly.

While on 2.1, it was excellent, but now it's slow at getting locks and most of the time my position is way off.

Can't be a hardware issue because it was great on 2.1.

How do we fix this (not having the 3 button combo restricts me from a lot of other options)?

download GPS Status & Toolbox from the market and run it.

See if it makes a difference

tumpin

Mar 10, 2009
Been running O2 froyo since yesterday and its good. Battery is fine. Was lagging until I removed task killer, now ok. GPS is better but still not great. Overall thumbs up.