O2UK Official Froyo update now available via Kies

Search This thread

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
Has anyone made/received any calls with this firmware? I have been told that i sound distorted.

xfade23

Sep 29, 2010
Lancashire
Was this done using the latest version of kies ? I'm on JPO so what should i use for the reghack to get the o2 froyo ? i want this update cos i'm on o2 network.

jack3643

Feb 21, 2009
Has anyone heard when australia is getting the update?

On optus that is.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
Hi, I've made plenty of calls and not a single comment. Sound is great...

Thanks for replying, i am pretty much convinced its the speedmod kernel affecting the call quality, i have reflashed several times and apart from spending 3 hours late last night recovering from a semi bricked device, have come to the conlusion that it is the speedmod kernel.

hobomotel

Aug 28, 2010
Can anyone post the old JM1 reg values? I upgraded to JPO a few weeks ago and wnat to upgrade to the new o2 firmware.

xfade23

Sep 29, 2010
Lancashire
Cheers bud...i just updated to this JP5 from JPO using kies and the reg hack from the post above.

Straight away i notice my signal is a lot better...usually when im at my pc it's like a blackspot where i always either get no signal or only 1 bar with my o2 simcard but now its 4 bars and even stays on HSDPA when using packet data connection.

NEW PHONE INFO IS:

WHEN I DIAL *#1234#
---------------------------
PDA I9000ADJP5
PHONE I9000ADJP3
CSC I9000O2UJP3
BUILD INFO 2010.11

UNDER MY PHONE SETTINGS/ABOUT PHONE
---------------------------------
BASEBAND I9000ADJP3
KERNEL 2.6.32.9 ROOT@SE-5611#1
BUILD NUMBER FROYO.ADJP5

maccas99

Sep 16, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that their battery performance is vastly improved?

It's been off charge since 10:30 this morning and although with little or no use it's still showing 100%!! Previously it would have used 10-15% through this time period...

Things are definitely looking up (as long as this is not being misreported!)

djglenn1337

Mar 13, 2009
Just updated, and for me the lag is much worse. It even bloody lags writting into this message using swype! Would a hard reset help? If so how do I do it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
Just updated, and for me the lag is much worse. It even bloody lags writting into this message using swype! Would a hard reset help? If so how do I do it?

I always do a hard reset after an update and then use Titanium backup to restore everything (which I had previously used to backup everything on the previous firmware). There are 2 ways to hard reset, the first is in settings:privacy and the other is to do it by rebooting into recovery and choosing the option there. I would try and reboot into recovery and delete the cache first before you wipe everything and see how that goes.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the power of my mind

milanf

May 30, 2009
Dear all, can you pls help me? I would like to actualize my SGS but Kies says that my version JE3 is the last one and doesnt offer me any update.

I have changed my code to XEU in SGS and also edited registry (with Kies v82) but it doesnt help. I would like to install Froyo (in english or czech, doesnt matter) via official path - Kies so Im not interested into any "developers" changes in my SGS (just if necessary).

Thank you.

hydrouk

Oct 6, 2010
Hi, well the way i found to get updated was to flash XXJM1 with Odin 1.0 (you need download mode key press to work 'Hold volume down and home then while still holding those press power - It will power into download mode if you have the option in your bootloader version). Do not be tempted to enable download mode from adb shell as it won't work that way if you have no holds enabled, also if you do that you could really easily brick your phone. If you have download mode you have nothing to fear!

Once completely flashed wipe all data/factory reset then wipe cache data from the recovery menu it boots into after flash (volume up/down to navigate menu, home button to confirm. When it reboots you will have XXJM1 running.

Now plug that into kies, select firmware upgrade and bingo!

XXJM1 is offical other are not so the updater doesn't consider you upgradeable

milanf

May 30, 2009
I wanted to avoid upgrading with Odin. Is there any chance to do it w/o Odin? Can I somehow try if I have a download mode before? Just pressing volume down + power button?

hydrouk

Oct 6, 2010
'Hold volume down and home then while still holding those press power - It will power into download mode if you have the option in your bootloader version

As i said above... That is how you go about flashing in a normal way, sure you might be able to find a recovery image for say Rom Manager (Requires Root) but that is it.

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
I have to say you're alone in experiencing this. All the reports I have suggest worse battery use and I have seen normal use drop from 17-20 hours to 8-10

I think you may be correct, I have been noticing excessive drain. I have reverted back to JPO with clockwork which means I still have JF3 modem, I think it is a little better, but to be sure I am going to do a full flash with kies to JPO later and I'll see how that goes.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I kept failing with Kies using JM1 eventual success was via this method .

Used old Kies + NoDial registry patcher .
Its an unlocked O2UK phone

Changed to
Software Revision: I9000ADJF1/I9000O2UJF2_/I9000ADJF1/I9000ADJF1

GT-I9000HKDO2U

HIDSWVER

I9000ADJM1/I9000O2UJM1/I9000ADJM1/I9000ADJM1

Did NOT change
DevCon Info
MN(GT-I9000);VER(I9000XWJM1//I9000XXJG6/I9000XWJM1);HIDVER(I9000XWJM1//I9000XXJG6/I9000XWJM1);PRD(GT-I9000HKDXEU);SN();IMEI( YOUR IMEI );PN( YOUR PHONE NUMBER );CON(AT,MTP,MTP);LOCK (FALSE)
#OK#

Note DevCon Info was not changed and left as the registry entry

Change to
Kies version

Using NoDials reg hack Write registry and click update button leaving hack open

jje