O2X minor patch for freezing/reboot released for Europe (Someone check?)

Diskb0x

Mar 13, 2010
::1
I received a message from LG yesterday saying the update should now be available but as of this morning v10d is still the latest for the UK

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App
How/why did LG send you a message? Just wondering how I get myself on that message list to get the updates.

felixthecat

Dec 9, 2006
:eek::eek::eek:

Optimus Dual delay in updating the end of May.

released by LG in the Box on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 14:01

We regret having to announce that the software version expected by the end of the month - in order to solve the instability problems alleged by some customers - has been postponed for several weeks. Troubleshooting is taking longer than expected because of the systematic nature of the anomalies reported, involving only a part of owners of LG Dual Optimus. Many customers have found the solution to instability in fact known (and reset the product off the phone is charging) with the upgrade to version V10b, we recommend that in any case to make. We also recommend that you reset the product to the factory settings using the menu "Privacy" after the upgrade.

However, we are aware of the hardships that some of you are trying with our product. All resources are stretched to the limit of LG to release a best software as soon as possible, but at present we have to move the deadline for issuing the second half of June. We will do everything possible to bring forward this date. We apologize again with all of you who have given us confidence when you buy LG Dual Optimus.

More news on the software release will be released on the official media, or the Facebook fanpage "LG in the Box" and "Italy LG - Life's Good"and the official blog LGBlog.it.
reset the product off the phone is charging ??? .......... what does this mean ??
Troubleshooting is taking longer than expected because of the systematic nature of the anomalies reported. ..........if its a systamatic error then should be easier to fix !!
We also recommend that you reset the product to the factory settings using the menu "Privacy" after the upgrade. ... is the idea just to do a factory reset and hope this works even if the patch doesn't ?

vlad88667

May 22, 2011
:eek::eek::eek:

Optimus Dual delay in updating the end of May.

released by LG in the Box on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 14:01

We regret having to announce that the software version expected by the end of the month - in order to solve the instability problems alleged by some customers - has been postponed for several weeks. Troubleshooting is taking longer than expected because of the systematic nature of the anomalies reported, involving only a part of owners of LG Dual Optimus. Many customers have found the solution to instability in fact known (and reset the product off the phone is charging) with the upgrade to version V10b, we recommend that in any case to make. We also recommend that you reset the product to the factory settings using the menu "Privacy" after the upgrade.

However, we are aware of the hardships that some of you are trying with our product. All resources are stretched to the limit of LG to release a best software as soon as possible, but at present we have to move the deadline for issuing the second half of June. We will do everything possible to bring forward this date. We apologize again with all of you who have given us confidence when you buy LG Dual Optimus.

More news on the software release will be released on the official media, or the Facebook fanpage "LG in the Box" and "Italy LG - Life's Good"and the official blog LGBlog.it.
Hahahahaha!

**** you LG! you're not going to stay in the Android Smartphone business very long, good riddance!

Now I'm excited about CM7!

vlad88667

May 22, 2011
I rather have a good update then a rushed one if you ask me. I dont mind if they take a few weeks xtra as long as they solve some issues once and for all.
You understand that no update is coming right? not june, not later...
This was another great PR stunt by LG (Viewty anyone?), and remember this is just a software update we're talking about, not even Android 2.3!!!

Anyone want to bet 2.3 is pretty much out of the equation?

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
You understand that no update is coming right? not june, not later...
This was another great PR stunt by LG (Viewty anyone?), and remember this is just a software update we're talking about, not even Android 2.3!!!

Anyone want to bet 2.3 is pretty much out of the equation?
what.....a.....pesimist.....

StardustOne

Jul 1, 2009
LG has one of the worst customer services I ever experienced. Here is why: I sent them a mail a few days ago (LG Switzerland) and complained about the issues I have with the phone. They did not even bother writing back.

It is quite obvious from what I experienced, that LG does not care about the people that bought the phone. This product should be taken from the market until all the issues have been fixed.

I don't believe they try hard to fix these issues, whatever they tell on their website looks like the usual marketing talk. In the meatime they use free daily newspapers to advertise their products (http://www.blick.ch/life/digital/das-guenstigere-lg-ist-das-bessere-173327). And the reviewer is not even aware of what is really going on and recommends their products.

This is quite clever and removes the focus from the problems the users have with their products.

Ah yes and I can't even connect to the update server, it just times out with an error message. No update available in Switzerland.

Last edited:

vlad88667

May 22, 2011
Well you can start buying flowers then, because they allready released a patch remember. This aint the first one but the second one. So nest time get your facts straight.
Are you talking about the firmware update? I want an update that fixes issues, not a different firmware 10-x with a new letter that changes nothing...