Occasionally lose mobile data connection for a few seconds?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Every day when I am actively using my phone, once or twice I'll notice that the HSPA or LTE icon will disappear for a few seconds, I'll lose my data connection, and a few seconds later the HSPA or LTE icon will come back and I'll have data again. Signal bars do not change, only the data icon disappears.

Happens a few times pretty much every day, and I usually have good signal strength (full bars) when it happens, so signal strength is not the issue.

I'm on the .93 firmware on AT&T in the U.S.

Anybody else seeing this behavior?

Sent from my D5803

jauhari

Every day when I am actively using my phone, once or twice I'll notice that the HSPA or LTE icon will disappear for a few seconds, I'll lose my data connection, and a few seconds later the HSPA or LTE icon will come back and I'll have data again. Signal bars do not change, only the data icon disappears.

Happens a few times pretty much every day, and I usually have good signal strength (full bars) when it happens, so signal strength is not the issue.

I'm on the .93 firmware on AT&T in the U.S.

Anybody else seeing this behavior?

Sent from my D5803
it's really strange...

wah007

Aug 25, 2006
I have the same, I am on the Three network in the UK. Although I have been having the same on every phone with this sim in. It's a network issue..

phositadc

May 7, 2010
I have the same, I am on the Three network in the UK. Although I have been having the same on every phone with this sim in. It's a network issue..

I don't necessarily think it's a network issue for everybody. I've switched my SIM between my Z3C and my iPhone a couple of times and I've never had the problem on iPhone, or on any other Android phone I've used in the past for that matter...

Sent from my D5803

elmo putney

Nov 5, 2014
I get this on talk mobile (virtual vodafone) - I've only noticed it at work and it's very repeatable every 10 minutes or so it drops 3g for a couple of seconds - I notice it because it then triggers my VPN to re-initiate. It's a carry over Sim (cut down) from the Galay s2 I was using previously.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone