[Oct 31] SideSqueeze+ | add squeeze gestures to your Pixel!

Search This thread

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
sidesqueeze_playbanner_2_xda.png

squeezes | presses

What is SideSqueeze+?

SideSqueeze+ is an app that brings extended functionality to your unrooted (or rooted) Galaxy device, helping you to do more. It is only compatible with some Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards, however many users have reported success with Pixel devices, including the Pixel 5, hence why it is being posted here. I do not have a Pixel 5, so I cannot develop for it at this time beyond what users are reporting to me.

Your privacy is valued. This app does not contain ads or employ trackers, nor does it collect or harvest your data in any way. It does not have the ability to access the internet, regardless of whether or not special permissions are enabled, as can be verified in the app's manifest file.

SideSqueeze has grown beyond just squeezing & pressing and has become SideSqueeze+, however to the best of my knowledge, the extra features of the Plus module only work on Galaxy devices, so they are not mentioned in this post. The core feature of this app is detecting both squeeze and press gestures via the analysis of barometric sensor pressure data.

IMPORTANT! For certain actions to work, such as: immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle, a command has to be run from a computer via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.

Features (not all available in trial mode)

• No root required
  • Lightweight app, only 3 MB
  • 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
  • 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
  • The graphical analyzer tool visually plots your pressure wave, allowing you to precisely adjust the engine to your unique needs
  • Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
  • App picker to launch any app
  • Tasker integration to launch any task
  • Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
  • Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
  • Adjustable pressure thresholds
  • Calibration assistant to customize squeezing/pressing to your device's unique characteristics

Questions?

See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.​

Where do I get it?

Screenshots

sidesqueezeplus_ss_squeeze_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_analyzer_1000.png
sidesqueezeplus_ss_menu_1000.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mj1606_

mongo1010

Apr 4, 2011
Augsburg
The squeeze funktion.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

it is available but not implemented in the settings.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

it is available but not implemented in the settings.

erto90

Jun 21, 2008
Firenze ( Florence )
I installed on my pixel 5 but it miss most of time the squeeze.. i need to press very strong even if I tried every setting... Coming form a pixel 4 is definitely a no-go ?

akulp

Oct 16, 2006
Copied from Samsung forum, where we talked about the same app.

Thank you! :)

I can implement this, but I don't see the use for it due to the fact that the lockscreen is always up anyway. What were you using it for?

I thought that option "when screen off" mean that squeeze will start app in case when phone is not secured/locked.

I'm using squeeze for opening "phone" app, so in case when I'm @trusted place (smart lock) phone is not locked and it would be nice that squeeze directly turn on screen, "jump" over lockscreen and show phone or whatever app you choose.

Btw I also noticed that sometimes after phone is locked (and goes to to deep sleep) squeeze don't work. Randomly, I can't find pattern. I gave all permissions to app (device admin, notifications on, battery saver disabled).

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
Sorry, I didn't see your reply. For SideSqueeze to function while the screen is off, you have to enable the wakelock setting by opening General Settings (the gear icon on top of the About tab).

I don't think Android offers a way to disable the keyguard, even if it is unlocked. Sadly Android is becoming more and more restricted with each passing version. :(

I thought that option "when screen off" mean that squeeze will start app in case when phone is not secured/locked.

I'm using squeeze for opening "phone" app, so in case when I'm @trusted place (smart lock) phone is not locked and it would be nice that squeeze directly turn on screen, "jump" over lockscreen and show phone or whatever app you choose.

Btw I also noticed that sometimes after phone is locked (and goes to to deep sleep) squeeze don't work. Randomly, I can't find pattern. I gave all permissions to app (device admin, notifications on, battery saver disabled).

gregalff

May 12, 2009
Hi,
thank you for the tipp. Can you tell the exact command which works with the Pixel 5? The command which is mentionend in the App doesn't work.

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
This app is much like edge sense plus for the pixel 3 etc devices.
Bit, since this feature technically I think, exists on the pixel 5 I've paid for and used this app to replace what I didn't want to lose, functionality-wise.

Great app!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P

Did you do the calibration step at the app introduction? Like, after opening the app for the first time.

akulp

Oct 16, 2006
Did you do the calibration step at the app introduction? Like, after opening the app for the first time.

Yes, of course. Many times and squeeze works perfect...when app is working.

But this last complaint about deep sleep is not so noticable because I usually unlock phone before squeeze.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sidesqueeze_playbanner_2_xda.png

squeezes | presses

What is SideSqueeze+?

SideSqueeze+ is an app that brings extended functionality to your unrooted (or rooted) Galaxy device, helping you to do more. It is only compatible with some Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards, however many users have reported success with Pixel devices, including the Pixel 5, hence why it is being posted here. I do not have a Pixel 5, so I cannot develop for it at this time beyond what users are reporting to me.

Your privacy is valued. This app does not contain ads or employ trackers, nor does it collect or harvest your data in any way. It does not have the ability to access the internet, regardless of whether or not special permissions are enabled, as can be verified in the app's manifest file.

SideSqueeze has grown beyond just squeezing & pressing and has become SideSqueeze+, however to the best of my knowledge, the extra features of the Plus module only work on Galaxy devices, so they are not mentioned in this post. The core feature of this app is detecting both squeeze and press gestures via the analysis of barometric sensor pressure data.

IMPORTANT! For certain actions to work, such as: immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle, a command has to be run from a computer via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.

Features (not all available in trial mode)

• No root required
    • Lightweight app, only 3 MB
    • 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
    • 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
    • The graphical analyzer tool visually plots your pressure wave, allowing you to precisely adjust the engine to your unique needs
    • Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
    • App picker to launch any app
    • Tasker integration to launch any task
    • Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
    • Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
    • Adjustable pressure thresholds
    • Calibration assistant to customize squeezing/pressing to your device's unique characteristics

Questions?

See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.​

Where do I get it?

Screenshots

sidesqueezeplus_ss_squeeze_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_analyzer_1000.png
    sidesqueezeplus_ss_menu_1000.png