[Oct 9][SD][UPDATE] Bangsters V1.5 | RMNET + PPP | [Kernel: R11 (AXI/NOAXI) + EVO]

Search This thread

emanon

Aug 29, 2010
My Own Haven
I have to that Im getting a little worried... Haven't heardanything from the man for quite some time now... Hope nothing bad or anything has happened to Bangsters...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

I guess it happened what happens to all men with family, no time busy life, so little time and so much to do.

PS. Happy Thanks Giving to those who’s celebrating …

Pretorianbg

May 22, 2010
When i flash this android build and later check the version etc, it says Bangsters 1.4 and i have downloaded 1.5. What am i doing wrong ?

x0a

May 18, 2009
The last days I have tried many different up-to-date CM Android Roms and I came to the conclusion that Bangster is still the best and will ever be the best. ;-)

reubenbubu

Feb 19, 2010
I used to love the bangsters build, and I truly believed that there wont be another solid non-sense ui build, however i have been shopping around some builds lately and i'm very happy with JDMS 1.6 it is really fast, 2700 on quadrant... however it comes with a black-red theme which personally i don't mind however i would understand that it might not fit some people's taste :)

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I am hoping that perhaps it's nothing bad with the chef being absent, as a dad I know how time consuming a new baby is. Perhaps he has been waiting for a Gingerbread release or new CM?

Either way the current 1.5 is still more than stable enough and I am happy with it.

Gary.M

Feb 5, 2010
If you want to check on Bangster send him a donation and see if he replies... also I recall his Paypal email address links to the domain of his business.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD2 using Tapatalk

Stealth Pyro

Jul 13, 2010
Miami, FL
I'm having this annoying problem, and I've tried searching for it extensively but can't figure out the right words and don't find anything.

Every once in a while, when I wake up my HD2, my screen is black, but it's not the screen of death. I can see my notification bar and can pull it down without a problem, but the entire rest of the screen is black. Sometimes if I hit the menu button I can see the menu pop up at the bottom and can click on it. Anything I open briefly shows up for a second with the opening animation but opens sort of like it's behind the black screen. Then if I hit home, I still can't see my background. Usually after 5 or so minutes of hitting home, menu, settings, home, repeatedly the black screen will finally go away, but it often takes VERY long to get out of and it's getting annoying.

Bangsters runs amazingly well for me. The only other annoyance is that if I restart my phone for any reason, such as my battery dying, I get the screen of death if the screen goes to sleep early after booting into Android. I have to mess with the phone opening apps and different menus for a while before letting the screen go to sleep to prevent this.

polo735

Mar 5, 2009
Connecticut
Posts like these make me LOL because we all know that's BS and you just want a new update. Stop fronting!

That guy probably has a real concern for OP. Bangsters mentioned family/isp issues shortly before he last posted.

Also, why would he be begging for an update? There are other good nightly cm6.1 builds available on this site.

x0a

May 18, 2009
I'm not begging for a new update, why should I? Bangsters latest release is still awesome and I have no problems with it.

Ironsave

Sep 8, 2010
Chicago
Posts like these make me LOL because we all know that's BS and you just want a new update. Stop fronting!

I am also concerned....
(And no; I am not "Fronting".....) :confused:
Posts like yours piss me off......

I have come to enjoy the desire builds (Core team). Nearly flawless.....
So... I have not loaded a new build in 2 weeks......

That has nothing to do with another forum member who has gone absent......
Jackwad.

mattfmartin

Mar 25, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah I agree it is kind of weird about Bangsters absence. Last he said, was the update to the build, and then drops off the face of the earth. Very weird, hope all is well.

zergling1

Aug 15, 2010
I'm having this annoying problem, and I've tried searching for it extensively but can't figure out the right words and don't find anything.

Every once in a while, when I wake up my HD2, my screen is black, but it's not the screen of death. I can see my notification bar and can pull it down without a problem, but the entire rest of the screen is black. Sometimes if I hit the menu button I can see the menu pop up at the bottom and can click on it. Anything I open briefly shows up for a second with the opening animation but opens sort of like it's behind the black screen. Then if I hit home, I still can't see my background. Usually after 5 or so minutes of hitting home, menu, settings, home, repeatedly the black screen will finally go away, but it often takes VERY long to get out of and it's getting annoying.

Bangsters runs amazingly well for me. The only other annoyance is that if I restart my phone for any reason, such as my battery dying, I get the screen of death if the screen goes to sleep early after booting into Android. I have to mess with the phone opening apps and different menus for a while before letting the screen go to sleep to prevent this.
dont know what the problem is but upgrading my radio to 2.15.50.4 helped with alot of issues....try that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bangsters V1.5 (CM6) Froyo Theme
    AXI + NOAXI + EVO | RMNET + PPP | BRUT MAPS

Highlights:

- WIFI Tethering/Hotspot! Works flawless with RMNET, for PPP need to run a script
    - USB Mass Storage
    - Cyanogen CM6 latest nightly
    - Change Internet, DPI and Data Image size from startup.txt :)
    - led light and keypad lights
    - GPS fixed
    - Bluetooth fixed (supposedly, please test and confirm)
    - Michyprima RC11 Normal with AXI and NON AXI, or EVO zImage (easily switch between the three via startup.txt, or even use your own)
    - added BRUT MAPS
    - updated to latest launcherpro and ADW Launcher
    - GPS Zone easily configurable via startup.txt as well :)

I'm releasing this build which I use daily. It's now V1.5 as it is a stable build suited for daily use. This is a standard froyo theme (2.2) with adjustable dpi settings and adjustable data image size from startup.txt. It is also using the latest R11 zImages from MichyPrima and Evo zImages. Simply switch via editing startup.txt

Note: Previous users of RC1.0/1.1 please wipe everything and reinstall as I changed a lot.... I went the route of everyone else with a system.ext2 file system instead of htcleo_update.tar.gz... this makes it easier to reinstall build as you only have to delete data.img.

To upgrade from previous version while keeping your data intact:

Previous users of V1/V1.1,1.2,1.3, you can just copy over the system.ext2, rootfs.img, and root folder as well as the other folders, and leave your data.img so that you get to keep your settings.

Some features:
    • CM6 Nightly 9/19/2010 build
    • 180 dpi or 240dpi, easily change from startup.txt - more icons in screen when combined with ADW Launcher
    • Includes ADW Launcher and LauncherPro
    • Following Working: Camera w/ Flash, Camcorder, GPS (USA default), 3G, Wifi, WIFI Tethering/Hotspot, Flashlight with 180dpi, LED, Keypad Lights, USB Mass Storage
    • Froyo Default Theme, FRG33
    • UserData adjustable. Just make the changes in startup.txt before first boot! Will take some time on first boot due to size of data image being created.
    • choose from different zImages. Just make the changes in startup.txt to choose between MichyPrima's R11 AXI, NOAXI, and EVO.

Need to Test:
    • Not sure - Bluetooth (someone has to test since I have no BT headset to test with)

Again, I'm releasing this since I use it. Use if you want to at your own risk (don't worry it won't brick your phone)

I'm using this build with ChuckyDroid Rom (with FD DriodBoot cooked in) and radio 2.12.50 without any issues.

NOTE:

Thanks to all those who have donated. If you want me to put your name here, please PM me and with the paypal code.

louie317, ktran1588, partie, bler, Uglymittens, and others whom I don't know their userids yet so i can't post here :)

-----------
    If you're feeling generous feel free to donate

Thanks for the info about the SD card replacement. I called the number and it was very easy to get the new card. I just told them about the freezes (which I did have back in WinMO) and music stutter.

The rep let me know that the card would be pre-loaded with everything like the Transformers movies. haha! Lebeouf free with your SD card replacement!
    the lag isn't specific to just this build. I fixed on mine but I did a whole lot of mods to remove freezing, and lower batt usage, but can't remember exactly what I did. There is a thread that covers the lag or complete screen lockout issue, think it's in the hd2 general android section.

I know one thing someone mention was to never use the red button (call end) to wake up the phone, use windows or home button.